Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 55676 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups [8/7+?]
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 09:23:29 am »

sozzlepopz.
Well, that's a new one.  Is that something popular on The Twitters with you kids these days?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:24 am »

sozzlepopz.
Well, that's a new one.  Is that something popular on The Twitters with you kids these days?

No, just a term between me and my other friends that only I use anymore. :P
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 11:19:48 am »

So, looks like my compiled list has 507 abilities in it.  For this first iteration, everyone will get 5.  Just for amusement's sake, here is a test run (this particular set will likely not be in the game, but the RNG could have other ideas):

Unstable, Halitosis-suffering, Vengeful Vampire Lord
Cult.  You win when the majority of living players are cult-aligned and no other living players can prevent you from winning.

Filth: You have the power to reek. During the day, you may poison someone with your stench. That player will die the next dawn. Actions: (day)poison
Vampire Lord: You can recruit townie players into your cult, which can communicate at night. If you die, all cultists will die. You may drain another player, killing that player and gaining a new ability. You use one of your abilities randomly on your target. Actions: special
X-Morpher: You can morph into another player once per game, becoming a perfect copy of them except for your win condition. Actions: (x)morph (1 use)
Super-Saint: If you are lynched, the person who cast the final vote on you will die also. Be careful, this can work both for and against you.
Banshee: You can wail at another player, roleblocking them. If you wail at the same player twice, they die. This can't be stopped by doctor protection. Actions: wail

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 11:58:53 am »

Can i still in?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups [9/7+?]
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »

I'm guessing it's one action per night, not one action per role per night?

So, looks like my compiled list has 507 abilities in it.  For this first iteration, everyone will get 5.  Just for amusement's sake, here is a test run (this particular set will likely not be in the game, but the RNG could have other ideas):

Cult.  You win when the majority of living players are cult-aligned and no other living players can prevent you from winning.

Filth: You have the power to reek. During the day, you may poison someone with your stench. That player will die the next dawn. Actions: (day)poison
Vampire Lord: You can recruit townie players into your cult, which can communicate at night. If you die, all cultists will die. You may drain another player, killing that player and gaining a new ability. You use one of your abilities randomly on your target. Actions: special
X-Morpher: You can morph into another player once per game, becoming a perfect copy of them except for your win condition. Actions: (x)morph (1 use)
Super-Saint: If you are lynched, the person who cast the final vote on you will die also. Be careful, this can work both for and against you.
Banshee: You can wail at another player, roleblocking them. If you wail at the same player twice, they die. This can't be stopped by doctor protection. Actions: wail
Would the green text mean that the player's action is randomized from all their available abilities, no matter which they choose to use?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »

I'm guessing it's one action per night, not one action per role per night?
Yes.  One action per day phase and one action per night phase.  Unless you have an ability which grants you additional actions.

Would the green text mean that the player's action is randomized from all their available abilities, no matter which they choose to use?
In this specific instance, I would rule that this player can choose to either drain (convert) or use one of their other abilities at random. 

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 03:22:37 pm »

Power Hungry Mafia

<something something flavortext>

Welcome to the first (of more, depending on reception) Power Hungry Mafia.  This is going to be a game "for funsies" as role abilities (and perhaps even alignments) are going to be completely randomized.  Which means it is more likely than not going to be an unbalanced hot mess.  Also, as the name would indicate, not only will you be getting random abilities, you're going to be getting a double handful of them.  This is a semi-bastard game (as you may be given misleading information from role abilities).  Roles will be randomly taken from the Xylbot role list with maybe a few surprises sprinkled in as the mod sees fit.

Rules:

- Votes in red.  If I can't tell who or what you're voting for, you may be mocked.
    - No posting after you're dead, except the customary "bah" post.  Said post may not have game-related info.
    - No PMs to other players.  No direct quotes from the mod.
    - No editing posts.
    - Days are 48 hours; nights are 24 hours.  Deadlines are hard in that any voting or actions after deadlines will not be recorded, even if the mod is not present to process phase transitions. 
    - Extensions/shortens will be set at one-third and one-half of living players.  There is a max of two extensions per day.
    - Night actions can be sent in advance during the day phase (if that's what you want to do).
    - Stealing the Natural Action Resolution for action resolution order.
    - Additional rules/guidelines/etc. will likely be stolen from webadict's games.
    - More rules to be added as the mod remembers them and/or clarifications are needed.

Player List [9/7+?]:
    • TheDarkStar
    • FallacyofUrist
    • Imic
    • Tiruin
    • Weirdo
    • hector13
    • TheWetSheep
    • juicebox
    • fillipk
    • This could be you!

I'm In, If there's still room[/list]
    I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
    • God Eater
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups [10/7+?]
    « Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 04:44:46 am »

Also IN, Shakers. =P
    Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
    And saw what laid beneath,
    Don't try to save yourself,
    The circle is complete.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups [10/7+?]
    « Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:31 am »

Shakers
    triggered.gif

Okay, signups will close in about ... 4 hours.  I'll start baking roles on my lunch break.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
    • God Eater
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups ending soon! [11/7+?]
    « Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 09:07:35 am »

triggering intensifies.jpg
    Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
    And saw what laid beneath,
    Don't try to save yourself,
    The circle is complete.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
    • Somewhere around here.
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups ending soon! [11/7+?]
    « Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 09:18:36 am »

Frantic inning.
    Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - signups ending soon! [12/7+?]
    « Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 01:10:41 pm »

Alright, getting this underway.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - reticulating splines...
    « Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 05:17:03 pm »

Day 1 start.

Day will end sometime Monday October 24th, 12:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
    ------------------------
    TheDarkStar -
    FallacyofUrist -
    Imic -
    Tiruin -
    Weirdo -
    hector13 -
    TheWetSheep -
    juicebox -
    fillipk -
    ReynTheLord -
    UXLZ -
    TheBiggerFish -
    No Lynch -

Not Voting - everyone

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • water covering (entire sheep)
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
    « Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 06:35:36 pm »

Hey TheDarkStar! You're scum!

Tiruin: What's the best way to get out of RVS?

FallacyofUrist: I've not played with you. How would you describe your scum playstyle?

Imic: Ask yourself an RVS question, then answer it as if you were scum.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
      • View Profile
    Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
    « Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »

Ho hey, hey ho!

FallacyofUrist: I've not played with you. How would you describe your scum playstyle?

Improvise. Then keep improvising. Then keep improvising. Repeat.

Also, try to look town.

TheWetSheep: Hypothetical scenario: You have a night ability that lets you choose 3 players, have one die at random, and learn the roles of the other two. Under what circumstances would you use it?
    Tiruin: Would you agree with my statement that you are the most experienced player in this mafia game?
    TheDarkStar: If you had a method of generating exponential growth of some sort, how would you use it if you were town/mafia/cult/serial killer/gourmet chef?
    Imic: Ask yourself another RVS question, then answer it as though you were a cult leader.
    ReynTheLord: Is this your first time playing forum mafia? If not, where does your experience come from?
    fillipk: Please invent a role, then post it here. Role must be generated using the Xyblot list.
    Everybody: Hypothetical scenario: One player is an assassin who needs you dead in order to win. You have a list of three players, one of which is the assassin. What do you do to find out the assassin's identity?
    Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
    Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35