Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia - D3 - Game over, town and survivor win!  (Read 55675 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia - D1
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 06:48:54 pm »

@FallacyOfUrist:Does everyone know there is an assassin after me, or just me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 06:54:07 pm »

Everyone: Just you.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 06:55:36 pm »

That's funny if you have a post restriction like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 07:05:24 pm »

TheDarkStar: If you had a method of generating exponential growth of some sort, how would you use it if you were town/mafia/cult/serial killer/gourmet chef?

Funny you ask.
As town, I would work together with other players to break the game to either mass-kill everyone else or mass-convert everyone or mass-inspect everyone, depending on my options.
As scum, I play as town until I mass-killed them.
As cult, I play as town until I mass-converted them.
As a serial killer, I would play as town until I mass-killed them.
As a gourmet chef, I would make infinite delicious food.
And the lesson to learn is "never trust a gourmet chef".

Everybody: Hypothetical scenario: One player is an assassin who needs you dead in order to win. You have a list of three players, one of which is the assassin. What do you do to find out the assassin's identity?
[/quote]

I look at who targets me and why, over the course of the last several days. I start with vote patterns and move on to scumhunting/accusations and then to how each suspect responds to different players, me included.

Hey TheDarkStar! You're scum!

Hey, how'd you know!

jk TWS

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 07:06:07 pm »

EBWOP:

Everybody: Hypothetical scenario: One player is an assassin who needs you dead in order to win. You have a list of three players, one of which is the assassin. What do you do to find out the assassin's identity?

I look at who targets me and why, over the course of the last several days. I start with vote patterns and move on to scumhunting/accusations and then to how each suspect responds to different players, me included.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 07:06:44 pm »

That's funny if you have a post restriction like that.
Hector:Non sequitur much?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 07:09:38 pm »

Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 07:11:49 pm »

Was he talking to everyone when answering your question? I highly doubt that, so I hope he has a post restriction.

Of the multitude of posts made so far, why focus on that?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 07:32:29 pm »

fillipk: Please invent a role, then post it here. Role must be generated using the Xyblot list.
Spoiler: Not so random role (click to show/hide)
Well since the assassin wants me dead they are going to be trying to draw suspicion on me, analyzing me and a couple other people to try and find scum and after I have made a couple mistakes they would try and get me lynched, probably later in the game which gives me time to figure out who is trying to get me.  Most likely only one person on the list would be doing that, but if two or three people on the list were doing what I just described I'd go after the second one who started doing it because the third and first person acting this way would be drawing a little too much suspicion to be the actual assassin.

Weirdo: why are you part of the not-town alliance along with Tiruin and ReynTheLord?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 07:34:20 pm »

Was he talking to everyone when answering your question? I highly doubt that, so I hope he has a post restriction.

He was, because his original question was to everyone, and I asked about that question.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 07:40:24 pm »

He was, because his original question was to everyone, and I asked about that question.
You did, with a question specifically directed at him, and he responded to you, specifically you. Why does he need to respond to everyone when he's responding specifically to you? 'cause he has a funny post restriction.

Why is this an issue, man?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »

You did, with a question specifically directed at him, and he responded to you, specifically you. Why does he need to respond to everyone when he's responding specifically to you? 'cause he has a funny post restriction.

Why is this an issue, man?
Um.  The question was general.  So he was expanding upon it to the general public...
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Ah, I see. Misinterpretation on my part. I thought you were saying you had an assassin after you in reality. My mistake.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »

Ah, I see. Misinterpretation on my part. I thought you were saying you had an assassin after you in reality. My mistake.
Not to my knowledge, hector.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35