Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night Creatures in Fortress mode  (Read 3183 times)

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Night Creatures in Fortress mode
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:37:55 am »

Anyone know what kind of night creatures one can expect will visit your fortress?

My world, for instance, is brimming over with emaciated men (not quite sure what kind of night creature they are or if night creatures have gone free-form like titans and FB's)
It makes sense never getting a visit from a disturbed mummy or bogeymen, but were-creatures certainly turn up. I don't know if theres been any changes in the game on this of late, but since the emaciated men where free-roaming and on a mission somewhere it makes sense they can also attack fortresses?
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
Re: Night Creatures in Fortress mode
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:45:45 am »

Can't say I've ever had a night creature, on the order of "Twilight man" or something like that, attack a fortress.

Though you're right, they should probably.  If only to snatch away a "twilight man bride" or something, which they do in world gen.

Only night creatures I've seen attack are werecreatures, and in a more quiet way, vampires.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:15:22 am »

Night creatures like those don't interact with player forts unless you embark on their caves. I guess a mummy could also work that way if it's possible to embark on a tomb without DFhack.
Technically, any undead creature qualifies as night creature, so there are zombies, necromancers, ghosts and vampires, all of which appear in fort mode.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:19:08 pm »

Emaciated Man sounds like a Night Troll, and yes, they are randomly generated (with some restrictions).

I've never had one visit me though.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

kicktothehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »

I just had Hampster Men and Women come through. My Dwarves slaughtered them all. No MERCY!

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 05:41:49 pm »

I just had Hampster Men and Women come through. My Dwarves slaughtered them all. No MERCY!

Those are regular old animal men, not night creatures.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 05:49:49 pm »

I embarked on the lair of some kind of horror once. I don't remember too many details because I was pretty drunk. I do remember it was excited to see me though. And it was a very short game.