Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unsolvable Vault?  (Read 4570 times)

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unsolvable Vault?
« on: October 19, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

So, I know vaults can be tricky, but I finally found my way to my first and simply cannot figure out how to progress beyond where I've gone.

I've made it down a few floors, where there were a couple of levers to hit, and I've made it up a few floors. I see no paths of progression. I have tried:

1. Checking every lever, stairway, floor hatch, etc, to make sure they aren't concealing staircases

2. Climbing the vault inside and out (turns out it's really tall, but I see living enemies inside both above and below through said walls), with no passage found.

3. Searching carefully in various locations.

I did a reveal and found there actually was more to the vault, but I couldn't see an obvious way to reach it. Can a vault come out unsolvable, or am I potentially missing something?

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolvable Vault?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »

So the problem i had was that a switch was hidden by a dead creature's head. Whoops. Also stonesense helped out alot with navigating one of those.
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »

I will give stonesense a try. Nothing has covered up any switches for me. I've even scaled the thing from top to bottom, explored rooftops, etc. So confused by this place!

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:09:43 pm »

It took me a very long time to figure it out as well. In my first vault i was just wandering back and forth for hours till i found the way down.
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:47:01 am »

Cant we just leave the vault and it re gennerates interior.
Pretty stoned but im sure i remember it being that way last year.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 01:04:30 am »

Cant we just leave the vault and it re gennerates interior.
Pretty stoned but im sure i remember it being that way last year.

It regenerates the angels, but so far as I could tell, nothing about the vault structure itself changed.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 07:20:33 am »

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

Might be linked to this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9871

Ergh, I hope not. I can see using reveal that there are other sections of the vault I've yet to access, but just can't see how to get to them from the places I *can* get to. I've run out of ideas of what to try.

Would hate to give up on the place, but I don't know how else to get around it. Heck, I had to cheese and use Legends just to find the vault, and it was the only one that turned up in a search.

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »

I gave up and went to another vault, where I was able to at last get a slab! Unfortunately, upon reviewing historical figures in the legends viewer, I was unable to locate info on the demon involved. One assumes it's ruling a civilization somewhere. Here is what the slab says:

The slab reads, "I am Ana˙a Rupolarufithi Imerinula, Ana˙a Urngraves the Ashen Burial, once of the Underworld. By Lerdi the Evil Bloat, I bind myself to this place."

Any hints? :)

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »

Yes, legends! Alas you may lose the slab
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 11:47:17 pm »

Yes, legends! Alas you may lose the slab

Ah, but that's my problem. I have a copy of Legends for this world from before I found this tablet. The demon named in the tablet doesn't show up anywhere in a Legends search, though.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:50 am »

Try searching Legends for the tablet itself.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

Try searching Legends for the tablet itself.

Blast it. I finally did locate the real demon's name and residence by way of searching the slab in the Legends Viewer.

He died in the year 4 to a hydra rampage. :( I wonder if any of these vaults will lead to a living demon. All of the other vaults are a long trip away.

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »

Well, I went to yet another vault and got another slab. This one is actually connected to a living demon! Unfortunately, the angels along the way were jerks. They loved pushing me off of high distances, which led to Oma's first permanent wound ever, an exploded foot which makes her unable to stand. So, questions:

1. Any way to repair Oma's wounds, even via DFhack?

2. If I make it to the demon's city and banish or enslave him, assuming Oma is still crippled, can I just make her leader of the site and retire her as a historical figure? Would be interesting to see how long she makes it thereafter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 07:08:59 pm »

If the foot is just pulped, it should heal on its own. If not, you could make a crutch and grind crutch walking to legendary, which gives you most of the same benefits of legs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: [1] 2