Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unsolvable Vault?  (Read 4577 times)

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolvable Vault?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 10:01:08 pm »

if you're not a vampire, you could try toppling temple statues to get a werecurse (all your wounds get healed upon going beast and when transforming back) or see if you can find a werebeast and have it bite you during a full moon.

I dont suggest the werecurse if you're planning on collecting scars. Unless you wanna see how many scars you can get betwen full moons.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 11:19:39 pm »

if you're not a vampire, you could try toppling temple statues to get a werecurse (all your wounds get healed upon going beast and when transforming back) or see if you can find a werebeast and have it bite you during a full moon.

I dont suggest the werecurse if you're planning on collecting scars. Unless you wanna see how many scars you can get betwen full moons.

Heh. Sadly, I toppled a statue within five minutes of starting that character and have been a vampire since. I created it as a joke, never imagining that a penguin person would make it so far or be so deadly!

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 07:15:11 am »

Well, I went to yet another vault and got another slab. This one is actually connected to a living demon! Unfortunately, the angels along the way were jerks. They loved pushing me off of high distances, which led to Oma's first permanent wound ever, an exploded foot which makes her unable to stand. So, questions:

1. Any way to repair Oma's wounds, even via DFhack?

2. If I make it to the demon's city and banish or enslave him, assuming Oma is still crippled, can I just make her leader of the site and retire her as a historical figure? Would be interesting to see how long she makes it thereafter.
Using DFHACK I believe you put the cursor of your chapter and type "full-heal", but I might be wrong. Type "ls" into DF dfhack to see a complete list of commands and it will come up.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »

It's just a foot. The guy advocating getting a crutch is right in that once you are proficient with it you adventurer will be almost as good as it was before the mangling. That which does not kill an adventurer just makes them cooler.

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »

It's just a foot. The guy advocating getting a crutch is right in that once you are proficient with it you adventurer will be almost as good as it was before the mangling. That which does not kill an adventurer just makes them cooler.

*That which does not kill an adventurer just makes them unable to jump.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 01:59:34 pm »

So, I know vaults can be tricky, but I finally found my way to my first and simply cannot figure out how to progress beyond where I've gone.

I've made it down a few floors, where there were a couple of levers to hit, and I've made it up a few floors. I see no paths of progression. I have tried:

1. Checking every lever, stairway, floor hatch, etc, to make sure they aren't concealing staircases

2. Climbing the vault inside and out (turns out it's really tall, but I see living enemies inside both above and below through said walls), with no passage found.

3. Searching carefully in various locations.

I did a reveal and found there actually was more to the vault, but I couldn't see an obvious way to reach it. Can a vault come out unsolvable, or am I potentially missing something?

Apparently there are puzzeles that involve climbing bars.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 [2]