Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Inquisition - Base Camp: Now recruiting for mission 3!  (Read 13525 times)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will take one level in hospital-blowing-up then.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Vincent pats Joe on the back for a job well done. 'Thanks for having my back in there, it's a miracle we survived.'

"Anytime boss.  You're the one with the most experience hunting these undead sons of bitches, I just followed your lead.  Can't WAIT for the next mission."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vincent grins at Joe. 'Would you believe that'a my first time killing bloodsuckers?' Vincent knew the rest of their team had been killed or captured. He'd heard Sean's remains had been found and had not seen Matthew leave the hospital. He was fairly sure the two terrorist suspects the police had found were Trump and Janeway. Only he and Joe had made it out but they had been paid handsomely. 'What are you going to do with your pay?'

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Buy a flashlight for starters.  Re-stock up on ammo, supplies.  We're gonna need a new vehicle.  Honestly, I was hoping to do something to get the rest of our team out, the one's that got nabbed.  It's just not right, leaving comrades in the field."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

I'll reserve a spot for mission 2. Character incoming sometime today.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get to work writing an armory section on utility items...

Also...

Required reading: Field Manual 7-8

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/7-8/index.html

PDF: https://ia800300.us.archive.org/25/items/milmanual-fm-7-8-infantry-rifle-platoon-and-squad/fm_7-8_infantry_rifle_platoon_and_squad.pdf

With special attention on how to run away:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/7-8/ch2.htm#s6p28

The idea is to use bounding overwatches on both the defense and offense. Part of the team fires, while another element "bounds" to another position to cover the element left behind.

The movie "Dog Soldiers" has a nice scene of soldiers trying to GTFO using bounding maneuvers and covering fire against a superior, faster enemy.

For pretty pictures, go straight to section 4-1 on battle drills.

The tactics described here are just military standard procedures. Against a thinking enemy that counter-maneuvers, what you get is a clusterfuck. But you guys need to know the basics of maneuver before I can throw curve balls at you.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The next mission I'm planning is the infiltration of an "Animal Feed Factory".

Of course you'll discover that it is really a blood farm. The players' priorities will then be to acquire as much information (through files and computer terminals) in order to link the factory to a larger vampire conspiracy.

The factory will have rent-a-cops, and basic security systems. But once the players are discovered, private security will arrive in force. The factory itself may also have layers of secrets.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

The tactics described here are just military standard procedures. Against a thinking enemy that counter-maneuvers, what you get is a clusterfuck. But you guys need to know the basics of maneuver before I can throw curve balls at you.
That would be all well and good if our characters were a coherent, military-trained force. But we're not. At the very best, we might have two or three trained veterans who can mostly steer the rest. At worst, we're just a bunch of punks with guns. So don't expect those kind of standard tactics in a game like this.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Actually I don't have time to make a character right now. I'll abstain from this mission.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Give me a bit while I whip up another Sean Patrick, this one is his identical brother….who has the Sean Patrick the VII for clarities sake.

EDIT: Also Egan has a point.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:28:28 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As part of joining the hunters a basic training is provided. Eg. What is a vampire? How to kill a vampire?

I wouldn't put it past them to at least throw this book at you on your way out the door.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As it is I don't really have time to read a 400 page military training manual, I am still trying to find time to read the basic instruction manual again.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually I don't have time to make a character right now. I'll abstain from this mission.

I need a few days to visualize and MS Paint all the maps... take your time.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

I need a few days to visualize and MS Paint all the maps... take your time.
Sweet. I'll have made a character by then. Do all characters start with $2000? Or just the ones created before the first mission?

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You will get an upfront payment for the mission, usually about $2000. You can role play here doing menial tasks and jobs around Nowhere in order to earn extra starting money, as I have been doing the last 3 pages with Mirella.

You won't know how much you will get until Aigre posts the upfront payment, which he should do in advance so people can get everything sorted.

In addition, not all the items are up yet, we still need the utility items. They will be coming soon. Remember during your character creation that creativity is greatly favoured in this system.

In addition any other items not listed that may help with your creative character designs should be requested so they can be implemented.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:04:06 pm by Sialia »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10