Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 61792 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #450 on: May 26, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »

I, too, am happy to see Monster Hunter fans finally get what most of us wanted - another game on a home console. Supposedly we're getting more information tomorrow (Saturday), so if we're lucky, they'll announce a western release date for the game. If we're VERY lucky, the localized game will be getting released on the Switch and the 3DS at the same time. That would be excellent.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2017, 07:22:20 pm »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:57:19 pm by alway »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 26, 2017, 07:29:12 pm »

Capcom would have to be pretty stupid not to localize it, though, considering Monster Hunter's increasing popularity in the west, and how much money they can make with an easy translation (the groundwork for which has already been laid by previous games).

Knowing that, I'd rather wait for the inevitable US release than get the game early in a language I don't understand.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:34 pm »

The first free demo of ARMS is just finished. It is really fun, even for a guy who isn't used to sports games.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2017, 12:53:43 pm »

From what I've heard ARMS is basically an arena shooter. Just because it's sports themed doesn't make it a sports game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2017, 01:11:15 pm »

From what I've heard ARMS is basically an arena shooter. Just because it's sports themed doesn't make it a sports game.
V-Ball and Hoops modes would disagree with that assessment. :P

And no, whatever it is, it's not basically an arena shooter. The character abilities and attacks are as much melee as they are ranged (they're really best described as range-agnostic melee), and the game mechanics heavily borrow from traditional fighting games rather than any shooter. By the same level of similarity, you could say that just because it's set in enclosed locations and involves attacking from a distance, doesn't make it an arena shooter.

If you want the closest comparison, Virtual-On is closer to an arena shooter than ARMS. ARMS is a 3D fighting game themed as a fictional sport.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2017, 02:18:26 pm »

Arms seems like it would make a pretty good VR game. I don't suppose 'Tendo has said anything about a VR headset for the Switch?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 27, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:57:08 pm by alway »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 30, 2017, 12:56:27 am »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:58:03 pm by alway »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 02, 2017, 12:53:35 pm »

Supposedly they're also changing how the whole "you get one free game per month" thing works. I can't find where the relevant link is anymore, but apparently they're making it so as long as you're subscribed you can play the games (didn't see if it was all VC games or if you have to buy them etc.). They mentioned playing online, so perhaps it's possible to play multiplayer games online on the virtual console?

The online subscription thing is also pushed back to 2018 so we get a bit more multiplayer playtime time for free this year.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 02, 2017, 02:44:34 pm »

Supposedly they're also changing how the whole "you get one free game per month" thing works. I can't find where the relevant link is anymore, but apparently they're making it so as long as you're subscribed you can play the games (didn't see if it was all VC games or if you have to buy them etc.). They mentioned playing online, so perhaps it's possible to play multiplayer games online on the virtual console?

The online subscription thing is also pushed back to 2018 so we get a bit more multiplayer playtime time for free this year.

Ahh so blackmail!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:10 pm »

mmkay
Black lives matter.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 02, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »

The way they're naming the service suggests it's going to be a thing entirely separate from the Virtual Console. The post in question said that as long as you are subscribed, you will be able to play all of the classic Nintendo games on the service, with added online support. A different post also quoted that the service will only have NES games for now, with SNES games being under consideration but "nothing to announce at this time".

Now, couple the above with the sudden and inexplicable axing of the NES Classic...

Yeah. I think I know which 30 or so games are going to be included in that first batch of Nintendo Classic NES games on the service. :P
SNES being "under consideration" suddenly translates to "We'll release the SNES Mini, discontinue that, and then you'll have those games too." :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 02, 2017, 09:16:27 pm »

So its basically a limited legal (S)NES emulator service with a sub fee and the bonus content of online mp for games that are not older than some of their consumers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 02, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »

Online MP for select free classic and not-free modern games, bass-ackwardly implemented voice chat, maybe proper-er friends support, and various deals in the eShop, it seems like. The limited legal emulator should be a different thing (VC), and hopefully not tied to the service.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37