Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 61639 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #480 on: March 22, 2018, 11:34:27 pm »

Also didn't Ubisoft just work with Nintendo on that XCOM-style game?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 22, 2018, 11:51:39 pm »

Mario Rabbids Kingdom or whatever
Black lives matter.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 23, 2018, 12:21:20 am »

Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and yes. Also they're releasing South Park: The Fractured But Whole for the Switch. And Uno. And Just Dance 2017/2018. And I think Rayman Legends is one of theirs. And Steep, maybe, eventually. And smaller stuff like Hex Heroes and Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

Ubisoft's doing pretty good by Nintendo. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2018, 12:23:49 am »

The Nintendo rep doing the direct had to (got to?) say the phrase "the fractured butthole" out loud on an actual broadcast from the company, twice
Black lives matter.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 23, 2018, 12:30:03 am »

The Nintendo rep doing the direct had to (got to?) say the phrase "the fractured butthole" out loud on an actual broadcast from the company, twice
He was audibly attempting to enunciate the space inbetween the words, but(t) yeah. :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 23, 2018, 01:56:01 pm »

Fun for the hole family

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 23, 2018, 07:38:14 pm »

I am thinking of buying a switch because I really want to play mario Odyssey and BotW, but these are basically the only games exclusive to the switch that I am really interested in.

Feels kinda expensive to buy a console for 2 games......
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 23, 2018, 08:09:00 pm »

PSA: BotW is on the WiiU, too. I've beaten it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 23, 2018, 09:32:44 pm »

It is!
Black lives matter.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 24, 2018, 10:21:38 am »

Indeed.  I have the WiiU version as well. Beat it more than once.

Personally, I wont get a switch until a working homebrew scene appears.  I need a more modern replacement for my old PSP for doing portable retrogaming that actually has some OOMPH to it, and the Switch looks poised to deliver, as soon as the gate to the walled garden comes down.

Being able to play Skyrim and pals on the go/on a road trip would be a nice bonus, but mostly I want a portable with enough guts to play PS2 games reliably.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:24:34 am by wierd »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 24, 2018, 02:38:09 pm »

Indeed.  I have the WiiU version as well. Beat it more than once.

Personally, I wont get a switch until a working homebrew scene appears.  I need a more modern replacement for my old PSP for doing portable retrogaming that actually has some OOMPH to it, and the Switch looks poised to deliver, as soon as the gate to the walled garden comes down.

Being able to play Skyrim and pals on the go/on a road trip would be a nice bonus, but mostly I want a portable with enough guts to play PS2 games reliably.
a) I really dislike that logic, a "working homebrew scene" as a reason for purchasing more often than not just means one intends to never pay for any game on the platform that he can get away with.

That said, b) you may want to step up your purchase plans if you want a working homebrew, chances are a revised hardware version is either soon to be rolled out, or has already been sneakily rolled out, plugging the only known still-working exploit (the Tegra bootrom exploit) that would enable homebrew on Switch units patched past FW version 5.0.

Also c) if that's really your only purpose for a handheld gaming system, you may as well get a GPD Win 2 and play just about any indies on the Steam library as well as any emulators up to the Wii (and a tiny bit of WiiU).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:42:02 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 24, 2018, 03:03:18 pm »

Yeah, waiting on buying something for the homebrew just means you'd have to find an old one instead, which'll probably cost more anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2018, 05:16:10 pm »

At this point you can also make a tablet out of a Raspberry Pi.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 26, 2018, 10:21:50 am »

You might be surprised how bitchy it is getting good PS2 emulation going. It had some pretty quirky hardware that is painful to emulate. (Then again, WiiU emulation is just as painful. CEMU does a good enough job most of the time, but harsh games that pushed the console, like BoTW, need a freaking i7 behind it, which is something you are NOT going to get out of a handheld.)

I looked at the GPD WIN2 on amazon-- Not a fan of the controller layout. It just screams "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" at me.

Now, this guy looks potentially promising, but the choice of android is a deal killer.
https://www.amazon.com/JXD-Singularity-1920X1200-Handheld-10000mAh/dp/B071JVWTDT/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1522077264&sr=8-15&keywords=gpd+win+2

I would have to hack the damn thing (To use actual linux) just to get WINE installed on it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 26, 2018, 06:06:30 pm »

Has anybody played 'of mice and sand' (not sure if the one on nintendo switch also has the -revised- part in it)? I'm wondering because there is a PC port of that coming out in a few days http://store.steampowered.com/app/785780/OF_MICE_AND_SAND_REVISED/ and I'm wondering how good it is.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37