Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 61781 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #495 on: March 26, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »

I have the not-"revised" one for 3DS. I'd say it's fairly good, but rather grindy. Took about 23 hours total playtime to finish it.

Some of the screenshots on the Steam look like they've added stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:06 am »

I have the not-"revised" one for 3DS. I'd say it's fairly good, but rather grindy. Took about 23 hours total playtime to finish it.

Some of the screenshots on the Steam look like they've added stuff.

It's definetly rather grindy....

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »

I purchased my Switch less than a month ago and while I really like the console I've been having some very annoying controller and charging issues. I can't seem to sit more than 6-7 ft away from the Switch with my joy cons or I get serious input lag in the right joy-con. I have turned off all other bluetooth devices and moved the switch out from behind the TV so it is unobstructed and while it has lessened the input lag it still happens frequently enough to be disruptive. I also can't sit with my knees up, or my joy-con gets input lag. If my dog jumps up on my lap to sit with me his head can't be in front of the joy con or I get input lag. I have to move my furniture and sit closer to the television than I want to if I use the joy-cons optimally. It sucked, so I bought a pro controller.

The instructions suggested that you charge the Pro Controller before using it, so I tried doing that. It doesn't charge with the supplied charge cable plugged into the dock. It does charge when plugged directly into the switch's power adapter, meaning I can't play in docked mode while charging my controller. With it being a brand new controller I was not pleased with this so I called Nintendo, and initially they tried to convince me that I should be happy that it charges that way and not to worry that it doesn't work with the charging cable that came with it. Having payed over 100$ for it after taxes I was not happy with that answer. We did get it to charge from the USB port after messing about a bit. But now every time I want to charge my controller I have to move my tv, squeeze in behind my entertainment unit, unplug the Switch's power adapter from the wall and the Switch. Wait 30 seconds, plug it all back in, and then it works. It's a real pain in the ass for something that is nearly new.

I don't really think it's worth trying to return my switch at the store over the issue. Especially since my account, downloads and save files are already on it plus a I have a tempered glass screen protector on it that I payed too much for. I guess I could return the pro controller, but I'm not sure if it is the problem and I'd rather not return something that isn't defective. I'm assuming the problem is the dock or the power adapter, but I don't really know how to figure out which one is really the culprit. Hopefully I can get Nintendo to replace something and get it all to work like it should, but I don't know how easy that will be.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. The switch is the first home console I have bought in over 15 years, so I'm not overly pleased that I'm having issues with a brand new unit.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:59 pm »

Splatoon 2 is excellent. 😃
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2018, 12:45:53 pm »

I have a switch and it works pretty darn perfectly. Not gloating, just suggesting maybe it's the specific unit. Also the pro controller is lit.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »

Yeah, I've looked into it and I haven't read about anyone else with similar charging issues with the Pro Controller. Joy-Con issues don't seem uncommon though, which is why I bought the pro controller in the first place.

Has anyone had much luck with using the pro controller on the PC? Windows 10 seems to somewhat support it - but I haven't been able to get it working well enough to want to use it over my wired logitech controller yet. I'd like to get it see if I can get it working better though, since the analogue sticks are so much nicer on the Pro Controller.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2018, 02:32:04 pm »

I actually use the pro controller on my mac all the time! I think it's best used with Steam though... otherwise you may still have to get 3rd part software to use properly.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2018, 03:10:52 pm »

I use an 8bitdo controller. Cheaper and fully usable on anything bluetooth. I just need the upgraded motion control one now. http://www.8bitdo.com/ Plus you can buy dongles that let it work on NES and SNES and even more.

Yes, the joycon distance issue is known. Part of it is the location of the antenna in relation to the grip.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:13:44 pm by BigD145 »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 30, 2018, 12:08:40 pm »

Yeah, I've looked into it and I haven't read about anyone else with similar charging issues with the Pro Controller. Joy-Con issues don't seem uncommon though, which is why I bought the pro controller in the first place.

Has anyone had much luck with using the pro controller on the PC? Windows 10 seems to somewhat support it - but I haven't been able to get it working well enough to want to use it over my wired logitech controller yet. I'd like to get it see if I can get it working better though, since the analogue sticks are so much nicer on the Pro Controller.
If you have Bluetooth on your computer, you can easily pair your pro controller to it. Once it's paired, you need to calibrate the control sticks to get them to work properly. The controller works on any game that accepts custom controller rebinds, and is guaranteed to work on any Steam game, since Steam can detect it and treat it like a Steam controller.

If you don't have Bluetooth... I'm not sure. You can attach the controller via usb, but I have no clue if the PC can even take inputs from it that way.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 05, 2018, 04:02:37 pm »

So, some people seem to think the next Smash will just be a port.
I don't know much about Nintendo's marketing, but wouldn't it be stupid to create too much hype for a port, and thus create hype backlash, when they could just note that it's a port?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 05, 2018, 04:05:34 pm »

I mean, they're adding new characters, right? Strongly doubt it's a port.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 05, 2018, 04:05:57 pm »

Could you tell me where I can find the announcements?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2018, 04:07:01 pm »

I mean, they're adding new characters, right? Strongly doubt it's a port.
Could be a Super Ultra Ultimate Deluxe port with a little added content, though I personally don't think so.

And what do guys think they'll call it? A plain old 5?

Also, sorry for accidental double post. Meant to edit earlier post.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 04:10:51 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2018, 04:19:43 pm »

Super Smash Colosseum
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2018, 04:33:21 pm »

Super Smash Brothers Melee 2: Reloaded.