Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 60902 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2018, 04:37:52 pm »

Super Smash Sbrothers Switch, or S4.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2018, 01:52:24 pm »

Ridley. Ridley. RIDLEY!

Also, Ganandorf's sword!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:57:20 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »

also SNAKE

SNAKE

SNAAAAAAKE

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 19, 2018, 05:24:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 20, 2018, 10:32:39 am »

I'm most excited for the changes being put into place on Pac-man...though from what I understand his grab hitbox didn't get changed much-though it is faster now!
His trampoline changes, however, are magnificent and I enjoy how the fruit rotation is now quicker which when mixed with the more aggressive nature of this game will make my playstyle with him a lot more rewarding.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2019, 03:50:42 pm »

Alright, I wanted to ask for people's opinions but I didn't want to create a whole new thread just for it (hence the necro).

My Switch has been collecting dust for a while now, ever since I cracked down and beat Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. The only other games I have are Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart and I'm going to be visiting family next week (read: have nothing to do) and was thinking of picking something up to play on the Switch. Otherwise I might just bring my 3DS instead. My question is what sort of games are worth getting at the moment. If Link's Awakening or Rune Factory were out I'd get one of those but they aren't. Puzzle games and JRPGs don't interest me all that much, and I don't want to get Monster Hunter because I'd prefer to have people to play with.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2019, 04:10:34 pm »

How about Guacamelee (10/10) or Hollow Knight (11/10)?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2019, 04:31:45 pm »

Not bad suggestions, but I'm hoping for something that I haven't played on PC, so I suppose rule out anything you can get on PC (I.E. Stardew Valley, Katamari Reroll, Dark Souls, etc.)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:52 pm »

Not bad suggestions, but I'm hoping for something that I haven't played on PC, so I suppose rule out anything you can get on PC (I.E. Stardew Valley, Katamari Reroll, Dark Souls, etc.)

Smash Ultimate?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2019, 10:40:33 pm »

switch has baba

baba is you

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2019, 01:03:15 am »

switch has baba

baba is you

switch has you

baba is baba
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 29, 2019, 02:15:19 pm »

Yoshi's Crafted World seems decent. Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker got some good impressions from people, and there was recently an update that enabled co-op for all levels in the game.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2019, 02:30:21 pm »

@Ozy

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is hands down the best platformer I've ever played, and if you can't or didn't pick it up for the WiiU, it's worth getting on the Switch.

I've also heard good things about the recent Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, but that might not be for you depending on how far your definition of JRPG reaches. It's a mystery dungeon game, after all.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2019, 02:57:21 pm »

I have no idea why I didn't consider Donkey Kong. It may sound blasphemous but I've never actually played one of those games despite all the good things I've heard about them.

I was considering Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, but I honestly don't know much about it. Is it anything like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? I've never played those games but I can stomach that sort of tile-based top-down combat more than the traditional JRPG combat.

Smash, I'm not especially great or into fighting games and I've heard that its singleplayer isn't exactly the best. It really seems made for multiplayer.

Treasure Tracker I hadn't considered either, seems like something that wouldn't do too poorly on the smaller screen undocked.

Not sure how I feel about the newer Yoshi games, are they like the Yoshi's Island I know of? Because I remember enjoying that.

steam has baba

I just saw a game called Ultrawings that could have scratched the flight sim itch I've been having recently, except it's apparently a port of a VR game from Steam which is unfortunate.

E: I just realized a lot of these games have demos so I can actually just try them first, derp. It's so weird having demos in this day and age...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:12:33 pm by Ozyton »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2019, 07:36:07 pm »

Hyrule Warriors is good mindless fun. The gameplay is very grindy, but I enjoyed the grind.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the selection of exclusive titles on the Switch. A lot of them are games I have little interest in playing. I like the console a lot though and I've used the handheld mode more than I thought I would.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37