Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thundersprayed, Kobold town  (Read 702 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Thundersprayed, Kobold town
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:11:15 am »

(This will be an IC playthrough, updated infrequently I'll be occasionally checking replies for ideas)

1st of Granite, 92

Oh, just my luck. I got a letter from the king. Though, lucky me, it wasnt an arrest notice, or any of that. No, it was a royal order. Apparently I've been assigned to oversee a grand new town. Anyways, if youre reading this, i've probably died; maybe even long ago. My name is Kyubee, and I am a kobold. Specifically, I am a citizen of The Dale of Flukes; a budding kingdom. I am a miner by trade, though I know the basics of swordsmanship, and i like to read and write. I've been assigned to oversee a town, as I mentioned. With a party of seven, and a few slaves, we're heading to a tropical seashore. I spent the whole day helping these guys prepare; it was tedious. At least the king gave me some money to get the sheer basics to keep us alive until our caravan comes; No more if the area is bad. A lot of the northern area of our planned spot was mentioned passingly by the king as "Nasty"; I hope that he's just trying to keep us alert. I also met with my group; The Amber Growls. I'll be focusing on the trail starting tomorrow, so there will be no updates.However, I must mention that the king made a great choice in our wagon pullers; a pair of dog-sized spiders, known as "Tower Spiders," if an outsider or idiot comes across this journal. The females produce a strange silky milk-like fluid that makes the best cheese ever, in my honest opinion

15th of Granite, 92

We have arrived. To our west is nothing but water as far as the eye can see. To the north, I can see the king wasnt lying! everythings dead. Given that, as well as the fact that I don't want to know what caused it, i've given orders to make the most simple and securable surface housing; my plans are simple; better living, underground. Our base will be more secure than the king's old treasure vault.

16th of Granite, 92

OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! IT'S RAINING BLOOD EWWW! We need to get this shack set up ASAP, but everyone else is even more disgusted than i am.

21st of Granite, 92

The walls of the shack are up, in good time. It seems the southeastern area here is a lot... less disgusting. We will be setting things up down there, and hopefully avoiding extended contact with the rain of blood, which our woodcutter informed me is that of some large hairy creature from across the world called a Mirka. How he knew this is beyond me.

28th of Granite, 92

A pack of wild boars has wandered in along the beachside. Unfortunately we do not have a hunter or any weapons for them yet, but when we have one or two we will be golden. Also, both of my Infernal flying octopus people got trapped up in trees and refuse to come down.

1st of Felsite, 92

We have dug out our basic farm area and are working on covering it. I forgot what seeds we brought along, so it will be good to check, but now everybodys sleeping when they should be producing me stuff. morons. couldnt they stay awake just a month longer; then theyd have nice, soft beds.

9th of Felsite, 92

I am deeply disturbed. The boars are back but theyre... rotten, disgusting... I think I've read about these evil things before. Also a swarm of giant, undead roaches passed by... At least the sea seems fine, i see normal fish swimming around in there. Regardless, now were waiting on our woodcutters to stock us up on wood more. damn the elves will be pissed when they arrive.

1st of Hematite, 92

Oh how I already miss the main town. I'm surrounded by idiots who nap in the blood rain, its too hot, and all the fresh, drinkable (Albiet nasty) water is drying up. We need to get our still up NOW. Also, me and the miner are going down to dig up some rooms. We found a strange, black ore, identified by the other miner as Sheoldrite. What an ominous name. It's heavy though, I think somebodys got a new hammer coming.

17th of Hematite, 92

Another weird metal. This one, the miner called Urabrium and mentioned it's similar to iron. I suppose ill be working on some swords soon. Maybe our caravan will bring us some coal so i dont have to deal with these guys burning stuff. Also, finally we struck some familiar metal; tetrahedite. i swear if we bust into a cavern now im going to jump in and die. Regardless, i'm tired, so i'm going to take a well-earned nap with the miner. hopefully nobody dies while we do such

5th of Malachite, 92

a group of idiots just came in from the north. you know, the dead area? how did they even get up north when were north of the main fortress. We got a woodworker, metal crafter, clothier, and 2 useless soon-to-be recruits.

23rd of Malachite, 92

I'm fed up with the evil rain and i've set up a temporary meeting area, now i need to set a temporary goods stockpile

(Thats all for now; I'm gonna get back to updating my mod itself)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:50:03 pm by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.