don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 20738 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Looking for players
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2016, 01:02:42 pm »

You know someone should have put the masterwork version in the original post. I'm not sure but I may be running 1.13 because I downloaded it in August...

The game folder 404'd and that's why I can't get the proper version.

This explains why I'm running into glitches. Now it's just better if I start the year over again to avoid issues.
I reuploaded the game folder just in case.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2016, 05:26:19 pm »

You dont use quicksave?

Animals run around randomly in vanilla too. Sometimes to places where people stayed or died.

The traders are also something I cant affect through modding.

That's weird then. I have no idea what happened with those traders, that's never happened before to me.

I didn't know how to quick save until I looked it up just now. No more playing until 1 am trying finish a season so it can save.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:33:59 pm by Arcturus »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2016, 07:49:09 pm »

- Should Imic be happy or sad? *shrug*

- Yay on jobs?

- Oh yeah there was fight on depot.

- Somehow I doubt the ballista are giong to be effective.....

- Interesting news on goblins.

- Place the armor stand by the gates perhaps, so that all visitors see it?

- Why are they both "The Guard"?

- I wonder if teethless snake can still inject venom.

- Nagas are cute. But helmet snake men shouldn't be trapavoid. Maybe their diplomat/caravan visited your fort before and brought news of where traps are?

Succubi...Ugh, area denial. Nasty.

Trader unloading problem is a vanilla bug. Don't recall what exactly caused it, though, maybe rerouting problems (even with constant routes).

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2016, 10:51:33 pm »

... - Why are they both "The Guard"?...

... - I wonder if teethless snake can still inject venom...

Trader unloading problem is a vanilla bug. Don't recall what exactly caused it, though, maybe rerouting problems (even with constant routes).

1. They are both "The Guard" because the custom profession name is "Guard", it helps me keep track of who is in the full time soldier squad. I also have full time ranged units with the custom profession name "Ranger".

2. I have no idea, I've never tested whether or not a toothless snake can inject. I have however knocked the teeth out of nagas in adventurer mode. I believe they can still inject while toothless but I was fighting a bunch of them at once so I can't be sure I'm right.

3. Thanks for the heads up about the trader glitch. I seem to be encountering a new one where they don't show up even though it says they've arrived. This is a inconsistent series of glitches that happen multiple times in a row. I have no idea what could cause that.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2016, 02:25:02 pm »

Winter 192

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:19:05 am by Arcturus »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2016, 12:20:49 am »

- Lodgings....Could use some light in them. It looks like everything past the front would be in the dark. Maybe decorative campfires?

- Visiting naga thief, and on your side? Surprising.

Even more surprising is how deadly some langurs are. For the time being, military hauls?

- What did the FB do again? Could let it test itself versus the langurs. It'd probably lose, tho.

- Flooring over buildings with ceilings makes multi-level view kind of useless, even if keeping out the rain is important.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2016, 05:56:49 am »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:08:22 am by Arcturus »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2016, 06:34:07 am »

Shortly after "MCreeper" was killed by a langur. My god! Sorry MCreeper I couldn't save your guy, he was deep in langur territory.
He died honorably fighting a pack of langurs.
  Seriously? This lazy asshole avoided two fights, that he could die in with reason, then get killed by damn LANGURS? With iron armor? Damn, it seems you don't actually need mellee soldiers - just catch some langurs and train them for war. If they are trainable, of course.  :P

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2016, 06:44:53 am »

Shortly after "MCreeper" was killed by a langur. My god! Sorry MCreeper I couldn't save your guy, he was deep in langur territory.
He died honorably fighting a pack of langurs.
  Seriously? This lazy asshole avoided two fights, that he could die in with reason, then get killed by damn LANGURS? With iron armor? Damn, it seems you don't actually need mellee soldiers - just catch some langurs and train them for war. If they are trainable, of course.  :P

He wasn't in iron armor. I assigned him as the chief of medicine. He apparently had the fort's best diagnosing skills. I believe he was hauling some wood in when the langurs attacked.

I was taming the langurs, just before my turn ended we had a basic familiarity with langur training. So it is quite possible they could be used for war in the future.

If it makes any difference they were giant langurs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:50:49 am by Arcturus »

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2016, 10:07:20 am »

Ok! Save's up! As always the first to claim it can play. If none comes in a few days i'll take another turn.

P.S. I swear I'll eventually update the story on imgur... Eventually... I guess... I hope...

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Save up for grabs!
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2016, 09:27:44 am »

I finally got around to read Arcturus' year and i gotta say i'm pretty impressed... i really didn't think that a city could end up looking like that.
I decided to avoid copying everything on imgur and focus on roleplaying a bit. I'll put links to the players' logs in the main post and keep imgur for stories (mainly because reports are already fun to read on their own)

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2016, 10:30:21 am »

I finally got around to read Arcturus' year and i gotta say i'm pretty impressed... i really didn't think that a city could end up looking like that.
I decided to avoid copying everything on imgur and focus on roleplaying a bit. I'll put links to the players' logs in the main post and keep imgur for stories (mainly because reports are already fun to read on their own)

I truly loved making the fort's military the most. The rangers will be a force to be reckoned with in a year or two. they seem to use the muskets more often at the range than they did the bows. Keep the iron bullets above 500-600 rounds and you should be able to sustain them. They need 50 bullets each with a max of 10 soldiers. I should add notes for the future person to take over the fort.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2016, 10:44:21 am »

Notes

1 . Don't open up the floor near the cavern there is a forgotten beast down there and the soldiers are not skilled enough to take it on with some deaths.

2. Don't seal up the archery range floor over the main entrance, it's meant to be open because it's meant to exploit a rule in the system which causes any ammunition that hits a wall and then falls to be undamaged and reusable. Do not try to remove the floor in front of the target, the archery range will cease to function if you do that because there is no clear path to the target.

3. Keep the soldiers training full time, in masterwork the skill gains are reduced by half for most skills unless the unit is of a special caste in which case it is increased or near to normal levels depending on what caste they are. When you find a warrior caste unit add it to the squad, not only will the unit show up with high combat skills it will also learn some of them more quickly. this can be an excellent combo if you get the unit to teach other units to fight. When the warrior unit becomes an expert teacher you can very quickly get good fighters even temporarily putting some units in a training squad to beef up combat skills of 9 units per trainer.

4. Finish building proper bedrooms somewhere. 3 x 3 minimum but I won't push for it if you have other ideas.

5. Get some more entertainment. The humans are getting a bit restless from what I saw of their profiles. You may want to add a library and temple as soon as you can. Wouldn't want rampant tantrums.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

Snrk. I don't think the distraction thoughts go high...-1 or -2 max?

That said, how to satisfy abstract thinking needs with library: buy some books and garbage dump them into 1x2 room with table and chair in it. Then designate citizen-only library on top. Citizens will come and read books - I think once each?

I'm not sure if table and chair are necessary, tbh. Maybe a single bag/coffer in a corner somewhere would suffice to automate all this? (ensuring that it doesn't overlap with rooms as of 43.03 or 42.06 - not sure which)

Yeah, those massive library designs? RP*

Temples don't get any dances in either, so you can likewise ignore the 5x5 floor space requirement or any furniture requests....

Entertainment-wise, tavern having at least 5x5 of empty floor space is necessary for dances and singing, which help satisfy performance-related things.

And not sure how dangerous gunpowder archers are in masterwork - in vanilla, crossbowdwarves are pretty much "meh, only in case of melee is not possible/maybe stick 1 in a squad?"

I do recommend citizen's milita - crosstraining is both useful as mainline and for surprises, leading to hilarious situations where FB interrupts hauler and gets pwned - but as far as needs satisfying go, I've had at least one case where a dwarf goes to Individual Combat Drill, then as I remove the barracks (probably easiest to automate with pulling a bridge out from under their feet, but hassle) go to Pray! to something. I think another case like that with Socialize instead of Drill? Not sure, would double-check.

*Well, there at least used to be a bug where two dwarves trying to move into same spot of location caused lag.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:45:32 pm by Fleeting Frames »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15