don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 20654 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Human city. Looking for players
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 05:38:31 pm »

@Meph: Do those guilds have to be on Outside tiles? Otherwise, it seems the easy efficient path would be to stack them on top of each other, like standard industries. With the usual 15z of air, still enough room left over for bedrooms, workshops, dining and leisure areas.

Though come to think of it, at 11x11, could almost tesselate 9 into max size zone - Would make thematic sense to make them in corners of a keep and one in center for 2z spent on them, though this could be quite inefficient.

@GhostDwemer: In addition to the mentioned vjek and what I just mentioned from personal experience I'd hazard a guess that PatrickLundall also has substantial experience.

Still, I find it a little doubtful you get no FPS drop from trees - I get significant (about one third?) FPS drop just viewing the surface instead of underground layers with nothing much going on in them, and when this came up in Breadbowl thread others concurred.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 05:59:41 pm »

They are workshops, of course you can build them inside. :) Take forever to build a tower for them though. ;)

I designed them like that for a good reason, the end result will look like this:
Code: [Select]
   #####   
   #####   
   #####   
###########
###########
###########
###########
###########
   #####   
   #####   
   #####   

Ingame this is square, 11x11, with the corners being free. 3x3 corners, space for normal workshops. So you build your carpenters guild, and you have 4 spaces left for normal wood-related workshops, like carpenters, bowyers, craftsman shops...

Anyway, MFD V1.20 is out, with fancy graphics. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

So... In order:
-I put in everyone who asked for a turn, 1 week per year, 1 year per turn. The faster the better, anyway.
-After a long consultation with the oracles I decided to go with 4x4 embark, flat, sparse trees, river. (if FleetingFrames has time to prepare us a ad hoc world it would be great, otherwise i'm probably going with a modified Gaia(Fleet come on discord))
-I remember to everyone that humans get a malus for living underground so everything will be above ground, quarry included.

As for the rest I am going to create a wood wall and set basic housing in the first year, the rest will be decided along the way, possibly on the forum, by the current overseer. I modified the first post with the turn list and some basic policies.
P.S. GhostDwemer do you want a turn as well?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 08:27:50 pm »

Apparently IlFedaykin has no ideas of the civ settlement requirements of MWDF. In the absence of such, I gave them just elevation and savagery "central hub" with 20 nubs 65x65 island (PS values http://pastebin.com/rFVM7tCu) and vjek's tips to making patchwork worlds.

I'm sceptical of the result's work yielding any great sites to siege from, but I suppose we'll see how it goes.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 04:41:24 am »

I would like a turn
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 05:00:13 am »

Oh yeah, dorf me as head of the mason's guild.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:05 am »

EYE VANT A TUUUUURN
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 09:47:30 am »

EYE VANT A TUUUUURN
Dunno what you are talking about, your name is there   ;)

As for the rest...
That leads into my last suggestion for this post: Have each dorfed character choose a specific industry and become the "Guild Leader" for that industry.  Anyone else wanting to work in that industry either becomes a Guild Member (and therefore able to be directly ordered and controlled by the Guild Leader from the forum) or pays some annual fee to be allowed to work for anyone as needed (like an added percentage of any work order that becomes the property of the guild.) By making each Guild workshop only allow those who are members of the Guild to use them, and setting certain stockpiles to only give to those workshops, then this system can be implemented with only a minimum of fiddling around. The city could be run by a Guild Council and whomever on the Guild Council has the most members in their Guild could be chosen as Mayor.  The Mayor never is the one who gets to actually play the turn, but is the one who sets the "City tax" on all of the Guilds. (a percentage of that year's profits that go into the "Caravan fund" for trading with the Caravan. Every year, The Guild Council could get together and vote for who gets to be the Mayor for that year.  The number of people in each Guild equals that guild's voting power.
seems a nice idea, don't know about percentages or similar but i definetely support the idea of a Guild Council

In the meantime FleetingFrames painted a wonderful worldgen which looks like crap but resulted in a great place to settle our city

Edit.
I checked populations with legend viewer and jotunars seem to be a little overwhelming. There are no dwarves, too, so i'm gonna run a new one without jotunars and see what happens

Edit.2
We have been fighting all day with the lack of dwarveness in our population. Best result till now 160 dwarfs out of 60000
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:03:12 pm by IlFedaykin »

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »

So... After a day-long fight we managed to pull off a decent world (all merit goes to FleetingFrames).

I'm going to embark tomorrow, if you have any suggestion, desire or need, this is the right time to come forward!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:51:18 pm by IlFedaykin »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 06:22:31 pm »

I'd prefer we have a lakeside embark, or at least a major/minor river, so we can do waterworks and fishing. Other than that I don't have any real preferences.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:59 pm »

I'd prefer we have a lakeside embark, or at least a major/minor river, so we can do waterworks and fishing. Other than that I don't have any real preferences.

And with only four more hours of work:

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 08:45:12 pm »

So the time has come. Our caravan left the safety of the peninsula to travel to the savage heart of the world. Here will rise Shieldgates.

Embark

Humans

Beasts

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 05:45:00 am »

A: Thats a cool worldgen, could you send me the worldgen.txt or the thread you found it?

B: You make me sad. No new tileset in use? :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 07:17:06 am »

A: Thats a cool worldgen, could you send me the worldgen.txt or the thread you found it?

B: You make me sad. No new tileset in use? :P

A: http://pastebin.com/eMHQFff1 this should do the job, it's not what you asked for tho :P and for the record we created it from nothing (had to switch off evil-good because i did a pretty bad job at making it patchwork)

B:
numbers are kinda hard to read without truetype font active
8)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 07:40:36 am »

A: Thank you!

B: Download this, install, play with TWBT without crashes. No issues with ttf or not. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15