don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 20736 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates. Dealing with catsplosions since 193
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »

Guess what? Game is over.
Of course it wouldn't be if we had a military. Or a lever for the bridge. Or some FPS.
I'll try a desperate move and wall us in but i mean... seriously... what the fuck guys
BEHOLD THE END OF
Shieldgates

EDIT1
-I found the right lever and killed one of our soldiers in closing all the bridges in the city at the same time (smart move)
-I dealt with the leftovers in the underground (a ferric elf) who mauled half of our new militia
- i created 10 new butchers to raise our 8 FPS to somewhat closer to 20

EDIT2
- The tigermen made short work of our dogs and left. God knows why.
-We now are 12 FPS. 400 more animals to go

EDIT3

EDIT4
-Down to 300. should be able to erase them all in a couple of months (17 butchers)

EDIT5
-Down to 215

EDIT6

LAST EDIT
WE PROSPER. ANIMALS ARE DEAD.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:32:51 pm by IlFedaykin »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2016, 05:36:50 pm »

Kitties!

Bad kitties?

Haven't seen so many kitties before. Or so many animals in general.

How many did you lose? How many did survive? 17, I take it?

And where will you stop the butcheries? 1 cat, or something more?

Blocksplitter claiming leatherworks? Custom profession, I take it.

And I note you have chitin treated as leather.

Hm. Are tower shields good for anything, or is this yet another "yay, buckler" moment? I'd expect modders not to add crappy things, but who knows.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2016, 06:30:21 pm »

tower shields are the best shields, with a 4x higher blocking rate than bucklers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2016, 06:59:56 pm »

We luckily only lost about 5 humans (not really sure how many... already blood and pieces everywhere) and all the dogs
I left a reproducting couple for every spieces and started expanding south because we are running out of space.
Tomorrow i should be able to finish my turn and deliver a somehow running fortress.
@Meph I took screenshots of various graphic glitches but I don't know if they have already been fixed.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2016, 08:11:47 pm »

Any reason to produce anything else than tower shields, then? Leather and wood are light.

And sounds like the end has been postponed.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2016, 04:01:43 am »

Tower shields are already assigned to the armored part of the guard. We now have:
- one squad of riflemen
- one squad of metal armored hammermen with tower shields
- one squad (city guard) of maulers (macemen) with full plate steel armor
- one squad of Zweihanders with leather armor and two-handed swords

FYI the "Kitties!" in the picture above are tigermen and one of them would be enough to slauther all of our city. They are part of defense mod
I also renamed professions with capslock to help me reorganize everyone and to make sure i forgot no one

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2016, 02:48:42 pm »

New day, little update.
After finishing with the slauther i turned my attention to the other issues and there are plenty.
-Military: absolutely absent
-Defenses: running low on cages, need manpower to rearm
-Space: running low
-Money: no profitable industry
-Tavern: no booze
-FPS: need to seal the underworld
-Animals: need a permanent arrangement
-Megaproject: ahahahah just kidding

As you can guess I can't really address all of this problems and I'm therefore asking you: What should I focus on?
On a side note: i used dfhack to clean the map because it was really difficult to understand what was going on.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »

I see, dangerous kitties. If they're that dangerous and manpower is short, various defences over military, easily. I don't think the city even has anything other than cages and bridges, if a werebeast comes you're left to watch as it goes through whatever it finds in inner city centre.

Animals...Needs to have all those food products and raw hide hauled before they rot, but after that should be set for the next half decade, at least. Permanent enough. Otherwise, autobutcher? Eh, not completely sure what you mean here.

After those, perhaps sealing the underworld.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2016, 07:12:46 pm »

Not much to report as of today. Work is slow but goes on. Tomorrow we should be done with new walls and military. I'll keep you posted if something happens

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2016, 08:21:28 am »

I couldn't realize why on earth work could go so slow with our kind of manpower so I went and checked with therapist... turns out that out of our 74 humans 12 are crippled beyond use and many others have at least infected wounds.
As for the rest walls and moat are complete. I also started moving productive areas in order to make them more efficient. I'm still trying to figure out the militia... I had to retire a squad due to all the wounded soldiers and i can't seem to get anyone to do the bookkeeping so I don't know how many bars we have.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

DFhack, (Ctrl-Shift-I) dfstatus
Alternatively, in stocks, use e: Enchanced view (stocks show), search for bars.

I usually prefer the latter to vanilla viewer, especially with the search, and have it bound to Ctrl-Shift-z.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »

I'm sorry for the lack of substantial updates recently... I played a little bit more today and accepted some mercs for the guard

We also lost our first citizien to infection, a Farmer

I found someone healty enough to update stockpile records and named him hope. He's now our mayor, replacing our old glorious Copnut
who will likely die of infection soon enough
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:32:05 pm by IlFedaykin »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2016, 05:55:08 pm »

Well, there's always immigrants, are there?

At the very least, tavern visitors do immigrate. Cenopi gets to be first line of defence.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2016, 06:16:28 pm »

New season, new siege

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Giving in to Nagas.
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2016, 05:23:16 pm »

This is a hard day for mankind. Our last bastion of hope, Shieldgates, falls.
After dealing with the wilderness, the orrors of the caverns, kitsplosions and tigermen we finally failed.
Me, you ask? I'm no one. Just a wanderer. A few years ago I actually thought about going to Shieldgates on my own but I never could resolve on leaving the comfort of countrylife... Turns out the mainland IS too dangerous, after all.
My dad used to write the annals of the Kingdom before passing and even tho I'm just a farmer I think someone HAS to write about the last days of the city which dared to do what no one tried before: settle the heart of the world.

The Last Days of ShieldGates

Ch.I, Assault to the Gate
It was a sunny day, a few weeks into summer. Work proceeded fast on the new housing for the livestock. New walls and moat had just been completed and for the first time in a long time, Mayor Wavewind felt hopeful.
A quick look at the horizon was enough to freeze the blood in his veins. Among the trees along the river something blue was moving... The naga came to finish what they started two years before and this time... This time they had the numbers.
Even giving orders with incredible alacrity, he knew there was no hope. Bridges were closed in a matter of minutes and soldiers ran to the gate faster than the wind. When the first Rangers got to the top of the tower the Nagas had already slaughtered the few dogs left and the wounded men who were outside when the bridges were raised.
The first shot hit a naga who collapse to the ground without a sound but the joy for that first shot faded instantly when they realized the nagas could climb the smooth walls of the gate.

The fight was long and bloody and at the end of the day about half of the military was dead or bleeding out in a overcrowded hospital. Only a mercenary, Rofa Omengrowls, stood untouched.

OOC
Yes. We finally lost. Soon the second chapter and the final defeat of ShielGate.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15