Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thinking of Dredging Up and Reworking an Old Sci-Fi RPG I Ran Here  (Read 828 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Namely, the Beyond Sol one I attempted to run.  However, unlike the initial, the new game would be overhauled a fair, such as not waiting to have twenty of you guys to launch the bloody thing, an overhaul of the ship design, and a flat out removal of the Research mechanic.

However, before I go through with rewriting the OP to bring it up to a better standard, I have to ask one question.  Is anyone interested in me doing so?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of Dredging Up and Reworking an Old Sci-Fi RPG I Ran Here
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 07:55:52 am »

People generally like that kind of thing. I am in one scifi game and would consider another. My reaction to reading the original post thread was first, ooh, lovely premise and then second, aah, but that's too many player slots and a lot of skills.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of Dredging Up and Reworking an Old Sci-Fi RPG I Ran Here
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:39:32 am »

People generally like that kind of thing. I am in one scifi game and would consider another. My reaction to reading the original post thread was first, ooh, lovely premise and then second, aah, but that's too many player slots and a lot of skills.

The skills are the right amount, in my opinion, since they need to cover virtually every scenario and those manage to do so.  It's the player count that kinda derailed it's ability to take off, since a decent chunk didn't show up (If you look through the IC, the bridge crew going missing is what killed it since I needed them to launch the damn ship).  Should be able to get around that limitation with having a bit less players at the start.  I'll probably still set up a way to NPC actions, just in case.

Edit: You know what, I'll just bump that thread.  It'll get attention to the people who had joined last time.  Consider this locked.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:16:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon