Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG  (Read 8229 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: You're a Homeless Mutant in a Cyberpunk Metropolis! SG
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 12:26:46 pm »

No problem man, it's actually really good that we get more than just one ability like I had thought.

[X] Go uptown and beg for change, if you look terrible enough it'll pay off.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 01:11:50 pm »

Nah
[X] Go talk to Tony and see if he has a job for you.
Buy some streat meat on the way for breakfast.

On a side note, Contacts and a razor are all we need to pass for human. Or even just gloves and contacts.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:46:27 pm »

Nah
Buy some streat meat on the way for breakfast.

On a side note, Contacts and a razor are all we need to pass for human. Or even just gloves and contacts.
+1, but something fried and made of flour has more calories, and with the cold we need them. Also, definitively gloves.

A couple of questions:
- how do we recover PP?
- whose feet? (Actually that's not a real question, but a veiled request for a modicum of respect, that you don't use those provincial measurement units when dealing with the rest of the world.)
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »

- whose feet? (Actually that's not a real question, but a veiled request for a modicum of respect, that you don't use those provincial measurement units when dealing with the rest of the world.)
when did anyone say feet? was it edited out before i saw it?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 02:02:38 pm »

Sound Wave Generation: With Sound Wave Generation, you can spontaneously generate and project visible Sound Waves through the air around you. This is not a subtle power, and does not include Sound Dampening or Sound Manipulation. It is primarily offensive, projected Sound Waves effectively ignore most armor, cause hearing loss, and at higher Lv, can shatter bone.
Lv 1: You can generate and project a Sound Wave to a target within 5 feet of you, dealing 1d4 HP damage.
PP Cost: Lv 1, 2 PP.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »

A couple of questions:
- how do we recover PP?

In response to your questions.

- PP are passively recovered at a rate of roughly 1 PP per hour. There are Twists that allow you to recover PP faster, but currently, you don't have one.

-I don't have a problem using the metric system myself, but the SG is set in the United States of America, which uses the imperial system. As the protagonist is an orphan with a minimal education, I think it's probable that he uses the imperial system, like most US citizens. If enough posters would prefer that I use the metric system I'll use it, but I feel it would break the immersion. 5 feet is equal to 1.524 meters.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 02:19:07 pm »

Sound Wave Generation: With Sound Wave Generation, you can spontaneously generate and project visible Sound Waves through the air around you. This is not a subtle power, and does not include Sound Dampening or Sound Manipulation. It is primarily offensive, projected Sound Waves effectively ignore most armor, cause hearing loss, and at higher Lv, can shatter bone.
Lv 1: You can generate and project a Sound Wave to a target within 5 feet of you, dealing 1d4 HP damage.
PP Cost: Lv 1, 2 PP.

Oh ok, didn't see that.

I'm fine either way when it comes to the measurement system.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »

Because we don't use damn commie measurements in AMERICA.
I'm joking.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »

It's been three hours, the first action to reach 3 votes will be taken.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »

@Ardent Debater: Does tally-counting software work on this forum? I thought it was only SB/SV/QQ. Would make things much easier if it turned out to be compatible. Going to assume you're using software to count votes because the [][X] is how the software works elsewhere.
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »

@Ardent Debater: Does tally-counting software work on this forum? I thought it was only SB/SV/QQ. Would make things much easier if it turned out to be compatible. Going to assume you're using software to count votes because the [][X] is how the software works elsewhere.

As far as I know, it doesn't, I've only used brackets for asthetics. I prefer to count votes manually.

Talking to Tony it is! I'm typing the update now.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 04:38:17 pm »

DAY ONE

'Huh, wallet's awfully light today... Maybe Tony can help with that, first, I think I'll get some breakfast.' You stand up, taking the time to yawn and stretch before walking out into the street. While you walk, you keep an eye open for any food-vendors. After a few minutes, you spot one standing on a street corner, young male, probably 16-17. If you weren't a damned dirty freak, that'd probably be you.

"Burrito! Get yerself a Breakfast Burrito! Fill ya up fer jus' five creds! Get yer Burrito!"

-$5 Credits, +3 Hunger. You walk up, buy yourself a Burrito and walk off, luckily, the kid didn't see anything off about you. Lotsa places won't sell to Muties. You lean against a wall, and five minutes later you're ready for the day. Now, where oh where could Tony be? Tuesdays, he's usually at the Park, that's where you'll go...

You arrive at the Park, almost twenty acres of genuine grass, dirt, and nature. Plus, the Park Benches make for a good place to sleep, if you're careful enough to avoid muggers. Your eyes scan over the horizon, and there he is! A jovial, portly, bearded man in a neon yellow rain slicker. Tony's a nice enough guy, when you get past the whole organized crime bit. He doesn't have it out for Muties like most folks, and better yet, he's an equal opportunity employer. As far as you know, he doesn't work alone.

You saunter up to Tony, right hand in your pocket, and wave with your left hand, you say the code: "Any news from an old friend?" He responds in kind: "Plenty! Why don't you come an' stay awhile?" Good, that's a yes. You walk up, he grins, "I got plenty of work for you today, what'll you have?"

[] Deliver $80 credits of Blitz to a local dealer in the slums. Blitz is a highly addictive, and highly illegal synthetic drug for Gene-Freaks like you. It gives users a temporary upgrade to their powers and gives them much better control, it also has a decent chance of an adverse reaction. Last week, you read in the papers that some lightweight fire mutant exploded in a crowded cafe. Not pretty, not pretty at all. If you do this job, you'll get paid $30 credits, this is a low risk job.
[] Do some dealing. Tony's been shorthanded lately and could use a hired hand to help sell of some of his stock. You'll get $200 credits of dope, not Blitz, Ice, to sell by tomorrow. Should be easy enough, cops don't patrol much around the neighborhood, and the worst you'd have to worry about would be a few junkies, at worst. Then again, the cops aren't easy on dealers, much less Mutants, and you've heard some stories. If you do it, you'll get a cut of the profit, 'bout $40-$50 credits, this is a medium risk job.
[] Rough up some of the competition. Recently a rival gang calling themselves the Vipers has been muscling in on Tony's territory, and that's bad for business. Tony needs you to intimidate a few Thugs that have been hanging out on Bourne's Street. Shouldn't be to well armed, almost certainly no Muties, but they might put up a fight. If you can drive them off without fighting, great, but if you have to, try not to kill anybody. If you do this job, you'll get paid $200 credits, this is a high risk job.
[] Bail on Tony, you like the guy, but this seems a little sketchy.

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:51:16 pm by Ardent Debater »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 04:58:02 pm »

Do some dealing. Good place to start off, and, if we're lucky, we may eventually be able to get to a supplier, and cut out the middleman. Could even use some Blitz, or make it ourselves, eventually.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

[X] Do some dealing.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »

[X] Rough up some of the competition.

Lv 1: You can transform parts of your body near the center of touch into the touched material, if you aren't touching the material you need to succeed a willpower roll (DC 14) to avoid flickering.
Buy a handful of steel washers and a sewing kit. Sew the washers spaced inside of your clothing; a steel wire necklace may protect from the chest to the head, but it doesn't mean much if we get shot on the crotch.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6