Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Devoted Dwarven Minecraft Invaders (Dwarves at Sea)  (Read 27071 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Devoted Dwarven Minecraft Invaders (Dwarves at Sea)
« on: October 20, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »

Devoted Reddit
Devoted Map
Server Address: play.devotedmc.com
Version Needed: Vanilla 1.10

For those of you unaware, Devoted is what could be considered as a successor to Civcraft 2.0, though with a much smaller map than that one, with a 10 km by 10 km square rather than a 30 km diameter circle as the bounding box for the map.  There's a few additions they made, but that's the general gist of things.

Now, for those interested in invading, head to 4840, 1870.  I know it's in the middle of the ocean, but bear with me.  In the past, we've always built within land, never really wanting for space or resources after only a short period of time resulting in few limitations besides time.  Now this is fine, we've done good with it before.  But I am curious as to what exactly we will end up with if we put a few limitations on things.

Code: [Select]
- With exception for docks to land boats at and support pillars to the ocean floor, all constructions should be either 10 blocks above or 10 blocks below the surface of the water.
- Each area should at least look like it is structurally sound (ie. Connect to the ocean floor and no areas suspended outwards a far distance).  No pillars greater in size than a diameter of 5.  Biggest central will have a diameter of 9.
- Only mining tunnels and the occasional storage area are allowed to be created beneath the ground.
- Attempt to build in an aesthetic similar to the Kowloon Walled City (ie. Interlace stuff like crazy.)
- For now, limit construction to be within 25 blocks of the initial coordinates.  Number will expand when we start to get truly packed.

Going to drop a claim of the area, as well as a couple tiny islands nearby to serve as initial resources for the pillar, for the 'Twelfth Bay Confederation' to make sure the area isn't annexed by the large nations to the north and south of our location.  Hope to see people actually there.  I'll probably be on for about two hours, maybe a bit more.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:06:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Devoted Dwarven Minecraft Invaders (Dwarves at Sea)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:03:56 am »

Got a couple of the areas above sea level now using sand (requires roughly 30 per to get to sea level).  Set up a dirt ring to be replaced by the outer edge of the pillar.  Found out that running out of food has you die, so I have to make the trip again as I mistakenly lost the free bed they give you.

Looked up on the reddit, and our claim has been updated.  Do remember that the closest, largest island does not belong to us yet, as someone seems to be building something there.  Left it out as a result.  For those looking around in the game, I had left two signposts indicating the ones that we currently have a claim upon.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:20 am »

I may show up at some point, but no guarantees. Are you going for an oil rig type look?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:58:08 pm »

I may show up at some point, but no guarantees. Are you going for an oil rig type look?

That plus the mentioned Kowloon Walled City with a dash of FFVIII's Fisherman's Horizon and the lower reaches of a 40k hive city.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »

I'm liking this idea. I got set up yesterday is someplace called 'Athos', but I'll navigate there soon.
Thinking I could serve as some form of diplomat.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:34:28 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »

Thinking I could serve as some form of diplomat.

With there apparently being several small nations forming up in the area and the unknown base on the medium island to our east that is claimed by no one, in addition to the juggernauts to our north and southwest, I can see you having a job for a bit of time if you take up the position.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »

Internet went down for 2ish hours.
Can't get on Devoted, for some reason. Showed up with no bars. Huh.
From Mount Athos to the Confederation is roughly 6000 blocks straight east.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:33:41 pm by KiwiOui »
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 09:40:36 pm »

Awesome!
I'm running the /tg/ town in the chan states up north, if you need any material donations hit me up.
Adam Sandler.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 12:06:11 am »

Spire is made to ocean level now, pending conversion to a non-sand material so the sand can be used elsewhere.  Spiral staircase to the ocean floor exists.  A couple spires go up to build level, but there's no way up there now.  Someone get here with a bed.  I'm nearly out of hunger and don't want to run through that trek again.

I hope someone shows up and starts building stuff up soon.  I do not want to do this alone.  Too much work to be done.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:18 am »

The leaders of the nearby nation of Big Brick have approached me via reddit in the hopes of forming an alliance between our two nations and New Ireland.  Kiwi, do you have a reddit account I can direct him to so you may handle negotiations as our diplomat?  Also, how is your progress with getting to the site?

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »

Sorry, no reddit account. Anyway, I'm having difficulties. Navigation is problematic due to my F3 key being broken, so I'm using landmarks combined with the server map. I suck at installing mods, so no minimap, unfortunately.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »

Sorry, no reddit account. Anyway, I'm having difficulties. Navigation is problematic due to my F3 key being broken, so I'm using landmarks combined with the server map. I suck at installing mods, so no minimap, unfortunately.

Ouch...how far have you made it, by your estimates?

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 02:21:50 pm »

Ouch...how far have you made it, by your estimates?
I'll hit 3500 blocks or so tomorrow (Ingame days) So far I've trekked desert, ice mountain, and lakes. I'll head into this river system to there. Got a player who lives 'Bhuldir' helping me with directions. Due to lack of compass, I've been using the sun for cardinal directions. Before you're disappointed, keep in mind that 'Mount Athos' to the confederation is literally from one side of the map to the other, not including detours and avoiding the nether biomes.

Stopped off by the river for some nice guys who got me supplies. Wood, food, stone coal.

Current estimates: 4-5 days, coming with tons of cobble, wood, and some food.

Halfway from my last position to the island sea. Keeping up the same latitude, so I should arrive soon. Forgot to ask for beds, but I've got two wool, plus Thirty-two cookies, Thirty-seven carrots, ten bread, and 7 of various meats.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:19:31 pm by KiwiOui »

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but I've reached the pillar! Woohoo!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:03 pm »

We have been approached by another faction, Persia, for an alliance.  The envoy claimed Big Brick has an existing contract, but I will be attempting to get confirmation from the Big Brick envoy.  Kiwi is currently getting the information of the Shah for later contact, but first I wish to know people's thoughts on the matter before we commit to anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15