Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Devoted Dwarven Minecraft Invaders (Dwarves at Sea)  (Read 27116 times)

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
Re: Devoted Dwarven Minecraft Invaders (Dwarves at Sea)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 06:09:53 pm »

Have we thought about town names? I like 'Pillartown' for the central location, and possibly a farming village on the Oak Isles?
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 06:42:13 pm »

I joined and started my journey. I don't think it will take too terribly long to get there.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:21 pm »

Well, welcome! Where'd you spawn in from?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 07:25:37 pm »

Alright, can anyone explain what this renamed iron (to Steel), redstone (to Brass), orange dye (to Bronze), and coal (to Nickel) is for?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 07:55:12 pm »

WTF civcraft, y u do dis?
I'm coming, I may join up with the Kaiserin guys again, but it would be cool to join you guys again.
And the ore thing, that's just admincrimes fam.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:53 pm »

Are there any opinions on the Persian Treaty and the Big Block treaty?  Kinda need opinions on this stuff.

Have we thought about town names? I like 'Pillartown' for the central location, and possibly a farming village on the Oak Isles?

I refer to the main place as 'The Rig' myself.  As for a village, I'd prefer we limit that to embassies and a trading hub for import/export.  Considering the Rig is by design supposed to look like a tightly packed madhouse of design, we'll want somewhere nice to provide a good impression.

Still, that's a future project.  We need all resources going to the Rig right now.  Still got to replace all the placeholder sand on the currently two pillars.  Continuing the borehole down to diamond depth (roughly 30 more blocks down from current) should provide enough to finish off the current two.

I'm coming, I may join up with the Kaiserin guys again, but it would be cool to join you guys again.

I believe I should note that the site and them are on opposite sides of the map.  Hope you head our direction, though.  The more builders with different visions we have, the stranger the results will be.

I joined and started my journey. I don't think it will take too terribly long to get there.

Mention on the forum if you need help.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 09:19:39 pm »

!!Dwarfy Notice!!:
This server has an alcohol/brewing plugin. You all, being residents of this fortress, know where I'm going with this.

Not-So-Dwarfy-Notice: The weird ores seem to be part of this automation plugin.

Intermediate Notice: Alcohol plugin is surprisingly in-depth. Drinks count as potions. The weird automation plugin has potion 'Factories'. Who can say 'Dwarven Underground Ale Plant'?

Economic Notice: After studying the map, the two closest nations other than Persia are Irish and Russian themed. What luck!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:31:40 pm by KiwiOui »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »

Right, who forgot the building restrictions set up in the OP?  There's a non-pillar, non-dock building on the rig outside the 10 blocks above/below sea level restriction we're working with.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:10:09 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 07:26:05 am »

Right, who forgot the building restrictions set up in the OP?  There's a non-pillar, non-dock building on the rig outside the 10 blocks above/below sea level restriction we're working with.
I did, sorry. Thought it fit. I can move it up?

----------
??Possible Constitution Suggestion??

All members of the nation have the right of Building. This is defined as free construction, provided that said constructions to not violate the guidelines. In all important decisions, the people DORFS have the ability to vote and express their opinion.

Government Roles:

High Mayor: Ruler of the nation, elected by vote every ____ amount of time. The High Mayor may pass rules of 'The Rig', so long as the people's rights are not infringed.

Diplomat: Appointed by the High Mayor, the diplomat's job is to maintain peaceful contact with other nations of devoted. The Diplomat has reign over the embassy building, and trading.

Architect: Appointed by the High Mayor, responsible for construction and organization of Megaprojects. Enforces the building rules, and can order demolition of such buildings.

War Marshal: During times of war or conflict, the nation may elect a War Marshal to organize miitia and to fight the enemy. They have full control of the militia.

Brewmaster: Whoever makes the best alcohol with the brewing plugin. Honorary title, can call feasts and parties.
-----
Economic/Governmental Systems: The Confederation shares it's resources, by asking all citizens to put some material into a building chest, for general supply. Other than that, trading is fully encouraged. Politically, the confederation is a Direct democracy, where all citizens can vote. Citizenship is decided by one of three qualities: 1, spawning withing our territory. 2, Conributing to the construction of 'The Rig'. 3, being a member of these forums.

Sound good?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 11:41:43 am by KiwiOui »

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 01:08:10 pm »

Made it on and making my way to the place now.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 01:53:42 pm »

Alright, can anyone explain what this renamed iron (to Steel), redstone (to Brass), orange dye (to Bronze), and coal (to Nickel) is for?
The lored ores are used for factories and shit
Save them up, you can trade some for a lodes o mone if you don't plan on making advanced factories.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:00:46 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 02:42:57 pm »

The brewery building is close to fully functional. All that's left is some redstone, glowstone, and a blaze rod. Maybe a flint & steel. And, optimally, netherrack. Let me explain. I need the redstone for a watch to keep track of fermentation, glowstone and a blaze rod for the potion stand, and the two latter to heat the fermentation process.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:45:40 pm by KiwiOui »

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 06:11:22 pm »

Sorry the doublepost, but I'm currently on my way to the capitol of Persia. I'm trying to get some resources, current tally; Five glowstone dust needed, 6-7 blaze rods. Minimum: One glowstone dust, 2 blaze rods. I'm going there by boat with some resources to trade. I'm something like one-fourth of the way there. Expect edits for progress updates.

I'm there, but Persepolis is so huge my cpu refuses to work with everything on minimum.

COMPLETE FAILURE: Nobody has potion stands, blaze rods, or glowstone. Well, nobody willing to trade. Theres one who has both in surplus, but I have nothing of remote worth to trade. I'll get back on at a different time to see if anyone online then has some.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:15:06 pm by KiwiOui »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 07:39:11 pm »

COMPLETE FAILURE: Nobody has potion stands, blaze rods, or glowstone. Well, nobody willing to trade. Theres one who has both in surplus, but I have nothing of remote worth to trade. I'll get back on at a different time to see if anyone online then has some.

Is he looking for Nickel, Brass, Bronze, Steel, Redstone, or Oil?  If things get desperate, we could offer platinum, but that should probably be a last resort.  It's serving as the only diamonds we own right now...

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »

They have, I quote, 'Like 28 titanium'. Not sure what that's worth, but I'm pretty sure it's valuable. I'll check tomorrow. Don't have the time right now, sorry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15