Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: You are Railgun operator  (Read 10605 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: You are Railgun operator
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 12:49:24 pm »

"BANZAI!"
Board them when they hit us!
"¡NO PASARÁN!"
While he's struggling with the rat, punch the marine and take the sword from him, and shoot hit him with the sword.
"HAKKA PÄÄLLE!"
Hack down anyone coming behind him, kill them all dead.
+1, as they say, God has a hard-on for Marines because they kill everything we see.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 01:30:20 pm »

"BANZAI!"
Board them when they hit us!
"¡NO PASARÁN!"
While he's struggling with the rat, punch the marine and take the sword from him, and shoot hit him with the sword.
"HAKKA PÄÄLLE!"
Hack down anyone coming behind him, kill them all dead.
+1, as they say, God has a hard-on for Marines because they kill everything we see.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »

RAK-BUL MAIMS

As they approach your starship, you grab another rat from the floor, and begin rushing towards there estimated breaching location, past the cloning bay and the armory, and straight in. you wait patiently, holding the rat in such away that instead of biting you, it will bite the wall. Thuum emanates from the wall ahead of you, and you get ready! Finally, the wall is breached and you see the *Space marine* in their space grade powered armor, and you throw your second rat at him, he screeches in tower and drops his sword, attempting to run away, to no avail. You pick up the sword.

"¡NO PASARÁN!"

You Charge and barge, cleaving into the first sentient you see, in this case, a severely knocked out marine on the floor, with a distinct lack of  rat bites. He is cleaved into two.  After a full thirty minutes of killing the entire fifty man team of boarding shuttle, you come to a stop. your mechanists coveralls are drenched in three various shades of blood, and you note that your comm headset is screaming as to why your not manning your demined rail gun. You also note the fact that there is a cowering space suited technician, likely a cowardly alien, who also has a tailless rat  in his hands.  You think the other rat is probably eating a corpse.

What should you do about the two rats, the fact that the counter boarding team (good guys) should arrive soon, the massive amounts of loot around the place, your blood drenched unpowered clothing, and of course, your unattended railgun?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »

Let the rats do what rats do, and walk back to our rail gun like a good little marine, stating to our officer over comms with the following "Sir, there was a threat close to me and it was dealt with sir!"

Never was a glorious job

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 06:13:40 pm »

The tailless rat is taking mercy to the cowering alien, as the alien is administering pettings.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »

Let the rats do what rats do, and walk back to our rail gun like a good little marine, stating to our officer over comms with the following "Sir, there was a threat close to me and it was dealt with sir!"

Never was a glorious job
+1
Tell them that we've killed the shuttle's entire complement except for a prisoner that we're taking with us until someone collects it, and where the hell is the counter-boarding team that never showed up - Sir?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:30 pm »

Never was a glorious job
+1
Tell them that we've killed the shuttle's entire complement except for a prisoner that we're taking with us until someone collects it, and where the hell is the counter-boarding team that never showed up - Sir?
+1
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 12:05:47 pm »

Getting back to the railgun.

Casually hauling the poor shivering alien out of the compartment, you adventure back to your railgun room, on the way, finding the Counter boarding team, when you ask why they haven't cleared that specific pod, they said that some maniac was clearing it out for them. You comm to your deck leader and tell them that you were dealing with the alien boarders, about two hallways down. the leader stutters for a bit, and then asks your "crazy murderous ass" to get back to your railgun room. by the time you get back, your pretty sure the alien has soiled himself, can't really tell because of the EVA suit and all, and the railgun seems to be already primed for priming, for some reason.

What do you do now?

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 12:11:02 pm »

Attempt to place the alien into the railgun, load a pellet behind them, and fire it at the warship.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 12:14:53 pm »

Guys,

what if..

What if we load lots of pellets into the gun and shoot it at the warship like a long-ranged rail buckshot?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 12:34:57 pm »

Guys,

what if..

What if we load lots of pellets into the gun and shoot it at the warship like a long-ranged rail buckshot?
Attempt to place the alien into the railgun, load a pellet behind them, and fire it at the warship.
guys, lets not be overly brutal/stupid here. The rats survived the trip because space rats are like cockroaches. they just don't die no matter what you do to them. The alien is definitely not a space rat. they would die before impact, wasting a perfectly good captive.
Meanwhile, loading multiple pellets at one time would rip the railgun to shreds. We could load something akin to a shotgun shell (a cluster of smaller pellets and a explosive charge in a casing) launch that, and then detonate the charge once it is close to/hits the enemy battleship. Speaking of that, lets not waste time targeting it and agree that's the next biggest problem.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 12:38:22 pm »

^This

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 01:34:42 pm »

We could load something akin to a shotgun shell (a cluster of smaller pellets and a explosive charge in a casing)
Force the alien to eat multiple rail gun pellets and then fire him from the rail gun.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »

We could load something akin to a shotgun shell (a cluster of smaller pellets and a explosive charge in a casing)
Force the alien to eat multiple rail gun pellets and then fire him from the rail gun.
Yeah, this

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »

No, it's a prisoner.

It has more value for the intelligence people than as ammunition - and if it hasn't, we can suggest it to them in front of it, which I believe would make information retrieval so much easier... ;)
Anyway, no.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7