Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quest to become a zombie or vampire. QUEST INTO THE EVIL  (Read 1678 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Quest to become a zombie or vampire. QUEST INTO THE EVIL
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:47 pm »

So, How hard could it be to become a zombie or vampire?

Alright, I'm just going to ask for general advice for this, Not asking about stats, Gonna be whatever race I wanna be, But I need advice for Surviving out in the wild.

Also, High savagery.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: Quest to become a zombie or vampire. QUEST INTO THE EVIL
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:32:53 pm »

Necoming a zombie is the hardest as it requires a special random generated.
cloud/mist.
Vampires are easy to find, look at the persons description and if they are wearing bone jewlery and are ripped then you found one.
Legends can point you in the right dirction.
Also vampires naturaly accumilate a harem of non vampire cultists that will defend the alpha.
All you need is the blood, use a cutting weapon from stealth on an unclothed/unarmored fleshy part, then lick the blood instantly to gain the abilitys to help you escape or murder your kin.
You can also knock over statues in temples but theres a Were-chance.
I hoped we help, welcome to dwarf forums where the madness never sleeps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:39:14 pm by Catmeat »
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Akoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:48:53 pm »

For my penguin woman, it was as easy as tipping over a statue in the local temple. The god will 'curse' you with either vampirism or were-status.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:46:19 am »

Also, do note that wiki states save scumming (aka killing df without saving) allows you to pick a different type of curse. And, while asking civvies for people, some people are appear as (race) vampire (name)

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:26:37 am »

Also, becoming a necromancer allows you to make zombies.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

but high savagery is lower chance to get a necro tower. though if you do get one, you can  combo it with vampire or werebeast, and stack the bonuses

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:10:44 pm »

You will want to search around in evil regions for husking mist to become a zombie.

The order you want to become a death night with is:

Vampire (drink a vamps blood) -> Necromancer (You need to go to a tower and read a book or slab containing the secrets of life and death) (remember to put a point into reading) -> then mist (if you are lucky enough to have it)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 09:16:32 pm »

You will want to search around in evil regions for husking mist to become a zombie.

Vampire (drink a vamps blood) -> Necromancer (You need to go to a tower and read a book or slab containing the secrets of life and death) (remember to put a point into reading) -> then mist (if you are lucky enough to have it)

Necromancers don't need sleep nor food or drink, but I've read that they still need to breathe. Vampires only need blood to mantain their undeath (but I've read that drinking blood is more of a craving, not an actual need which may lead to death should it go unnatended for long. [haven't tested it myself, though. {sneaking into a village and mixing heavy liquor with peasant's blood is too damn fun}]).

Do vampiric necromancers need to breathe or ingest blood? Or each other's lack of needs complement each other, making a super strong, needless sentient undead?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:18:33 pm by SebasMarolo »
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 11:27:51 pm »

Necromancers don't need sleep nor food or drink, but I've read that they still need to breathe. Vampires only need blood to mantain their undeath (but I've read that drinking blood is more of a craving, not an actual need which may lead to death should it go unnatended for long. [haven't tested it myself, though. {sneaking into a village and mixing heavy liquor with peasant's blood is too damn fun}]).

Do vampiric necromancers need to breathe or ingest blood? Or each other's lack of needs complement each other, making a super strong, needless sentient undead?

I don't recall if you still crave blood as a vampiric necromancer, but I dont think so, so yes they do complement each other.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 10:56:54 am »

I dunno if it blocks out drinking but your char will probally complain about not being able to drink blood if it does