Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New to modding - Cant work out how to make a crafting reaction to give bones etc  (Read 1484 times)

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to create a fortress entirely sealed from the outside. Wondering if the inbreeding will kill it.

Unfortunately I can't get bones, shells etc for strange moods, resulting in those moods failing. I was hoping to add a reaction to a building so I can get a bunch of bones and such for free, but I can't work out how. I copied another one that was on these forums, but I think it was for an older version. I can't even copy the old code I was using because I fresh installed to try again.

I figure it must be really simple and I'm just not getting it, does anyone have any ideas?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Creating bones (or any other type of body part) with a custom reaction is not possible in this version of Dwarf Fortress.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creating bones (or any other type of body part) with a custom reaction is not possible in this version of Dwarf Fortress.

Hmm, Ok, well at least I know that it probably wasn't me just being an Urist.

I found I could spawn Wool and Leather in DFhack, but I couldn't get bones to work. Is that part of the same problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes.

Only way to make bones with dfhack is to use createunit to spawn a creature, a pet, then butcher it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

Only way to make bones with dfhack is to use createunit to spawn a creature, a pet, then butcher it.
So Dwarfy of you Meph!
 :) ;)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

Double quote but you could just use the DF Hack command:

createitem CREATURE_MAT:creature:bone

just change out "creature" for the creature id for the type of bone you want
or at least that"s how I think it go...
late over here goodnight!

Griskard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

late over here goodnight!

I think I tried that but it didn't work. I think.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Yes.

That's not how createitem works - you have to specify an item type in addition to the material, and that item type would have to be CORPSEPIECE:NONE which is explicitly disallowed because it doesn't actually work (it would literally be exactly the same as doing "[PRODUCT:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE]" in a custom reaction, because that's how the plugin actually works).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes.

That's not how createitem works - you have to specify an item type in addition to the material, and that item type would have to be CORPSEPIECE:NONE which is explicitly disallowed because it doesn't actually work (it would literally be exactly the same as doing "[PRODUCT:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE]" in a custom reaction, because that's how the plugin actually works).

ah thanks!

to quote the for reference wiki:
Puting it in a spoiler because its rather long..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile

[i managed to post this in the wrong place, and cant figure out how to delete :l]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:49:17 pm by malistaticy »
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"