Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Update 1.20 - The MEPH! tileset - 32x32  (Read 18550 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Update 1.20 - The MEPH! tileset - 32x32
« on: October 21, 2016, 12:38:11 pm »

Updates every Friday!

::: LINUX ::: ||| ::: MAC :::
::: Current version: V.1.20 - Updated 21st October 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 ::: 1.12 ::: 1.13 ::: 1.14 ::: 1.15 ::: 1.16:::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

Notes: I installed the tileset I've been working on for vanilla DF into Masterwork. It's a large, 32x tileset with sprites for all civ-creatures. I have made sprites for Orcs/Succubi too, but wanted to wait for input by Smake/Boltgun about their nobles.

The tileset is mostly finished, but since its the first one I made, there will be a lot of small issues. Please report them! It's the only thing that helps me to find those missing/weird-looking tiles.

I'll hopefully get all the mod-items done, the succubi/orc nobles and any issues that come up over the course of the week for the next update. I also want to allow tilesets to change creature sprites. That will be the final update concerning graphics and I'll dedicate my time to "normal" modding again.

Screenshots - Because graphics are pretty.

Spoiler: Title screen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trees/Fog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waterfall/Water depth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surface Embark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: =Fortress/Furniture (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rock/Soil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magma/MoltenRock (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadow types (click to show/hide)

Legends - Look up what is what.

Spoiler: Main Tileset Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Tileset Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Workshop Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Profession Legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color Scheme Legend (click to show/hide)

Special Icons for text - Press "Shift + 2,3,4,5" while naming dwarves.

Tileset - Main files of the set.

Spoiler: Main Tileset (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Tileset (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overrides 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overrides 2 (click to show/hide)

Creature Sprites - 1000 of them.

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kobolds (click to show/hide)

Patreon: No new patrons this week. Two weeks in a row. Graphics are not popular apparently. :P

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.20 - The MEPH! tileset - 32x32
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 01:43:36 pm »

I think your images are broken, I cant preview them

Alright theyre working now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:32:18 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:47 am »

Woot Woot... I'm downloading them now... Meph Tile Dwarf Fortress.... let's see how long it takes before we break it lol...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:22:33 am »

The tileset looks really nice (and it's HUUUGE) but i noticed two things (i may just be dumb):

-even setting default font in MDF launcher the text remains masterwork (at least in the menu)

-numbers are kinda hard to read without truetype font active (is there a way to use twbt to fix that without the risk of crashes?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

The tileset looks really nice (and it's HUUUGE) but i noticed two things (i may just be dumb):

-even setting default font in MDF launcher the text remains masterwork (at least in the menu)

-numbers are kinda hard to read without truetype font active (is there a way to use twbt to fix that without the risk of crashes?)
That sounds really weird. With TWBT active, you dont have true-type at all...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 06:45:35 pm »

I didn't explain myself very well... I meant i play without TWBT to avoid crashes but to be able to read the numbers i have to always use truetype. I was just wondering if there was a middle ground without crashes but still with menu numbers easy to read.

P.S.
I have been messing around with worldgen all day and i noticed war elephants live underwater (and naga above ground)... still it may just be my copy of df which got corrupted

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:47 pm »

I'm trying to play with the Meph tileset (which I'm super excited about), but I keep getting a crash with this error window "GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog.  Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU."

I have a pretty nice GPU, so I don't think that's the problem...

This happens when I try to begin playing in fort mode.  It loads just fine in windowed mode.  But if I try to load in full screen, or mess with window size, that triggers the crash.

Never had this happen before with any other tileset, including Gemset with TWBT.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:50:41 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »

This is ridiculously aesthetic
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 05:42:33 am »

I'm trying to play with the Meph tileset (which I'm super excited about), but I keep getting a crash with this error window "GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog.  Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU."

I have a pretty nice GPU, so I don't think that's the problem...

This happens when I try to begin playing in fort mode.  It loads just fine in windowed mode.  But if I try to load in full screen, or mess with window size, that triggers the crash.

Never had this happen before with any other tileset, including Gemset with TWBT.
Is your screen resolution at least 2560p wide?

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 08:27:27 am »

Awesome work, looks really great ...

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 08:36:11 am »

I noticed that priority numbers for designations don't show up and leave a black tile instead.
As a margin note i think the colors (e.g. for the grass) are too dark... i had to change color regulation on pc screen to see properly.

P.S.
in the dfhack laborsheet it is impossible to see if a work is assigned or not
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:47:24 am by IlFedaykin »

Mortiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 10:56:10 am »

I noticed that priority numbers for designations don't show up and leave a black tile instead.
As a margin note i think the colors (e.g. for the grass) are too dark... i had to change color regulation on pc screen to see properly.

I very much like the new detailed tileset, however I would agree that it is a bit too dark.
To work around it, I simply used Phoebus color scheme, but I am not sure if this will have any adverse side effects - at least the grass and landscape look much nicer and brighter.
"You are not going crazy! You are going sane in the crazy world!"

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 11:04:49 am »

okay....  heres the 3 things bothering me so far in the tileset, Meph.
1.  Eggs in a nest box look like a pile of rocks.
2.  TrackStops are just black squares on my screen.  put a minecart on it and its still just a black square.  entire block lol, don't know if this was intentional or just missed.
3.  Some ores/gems appear to be the exact same ore/gem when they are not.  I had to make sure  wasn't on mono toned color scheme, but yeah, I'll gather specifics when I see one again.  I know there's a limit to the color/rock scheme, but I wouldn't have noticed it at all if I hadn't digv a vein and it refused to color the same image beside it.

EDIT: Found it again its magnetite and tetrahedrite.  same ore image, same color selection.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 11:33:53 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 03:07:37 pm »

in the dfhack laborsheet it is impossible to see if a work is assigned or not
please make a screenshot of that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

Is your screen resolution at least 2560p wide?

2560x1600

Plus a smaller second monitor
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: [1] 2 3