Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Update 1.20 - The MEPH! tileset - 32x32  (Read 18813 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.20 - The MEPH! tileset - 32x32
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 03:33:42 am »

Ah ha haaaaa! There's the tileset I was waiting for! looks absolutely fuckin' beautiful, man.

Time to set a story in motion.

Lithandrill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 01:30:04 pm »

Hey Meph,

Loving the new tileset. It's like playing a whole new game. Two minor complaints though:

1) Ores and gems are too hard to see. It's not clear at a glance what is rock and what are ores.
2) The walls and ground sometimes look too similar when digging out rooms.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 05:03:00 pm »

Hey Meph,

Loving the new tileset. It's like playing a whole new game. Two minor complaints though:

1) Ores and gems are too hard to see. It's not clear at a glance what is rock and what are ores.
2) The walls and ground sometimes look too similar when digging out rooms.

Similar problem, generally sands sands seem to have 2 floor images, one makes itself visible against the wall, the other is the same as the wall.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03:10 am »

Amostubal, Lithandrill: PLEASE make screenshots. I thought rocks/ores are very different, the ores have icons on them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 10:07:01 am »

I noticed that priority numbers for designations don't show up and leave a black tile instead.
As a margin note i think the colors (e.g. for the grass) are too dark... i had to change color regulation on pc screen to see properly.

P.S.
in the dfhack laborsheet it is impossible to see if a work is assigned or not

The number is actually there but it's very dark. If you use a brighter color sheme they are more visible but still not very good.

What i miss are colored mincarts, tracks and trackstops (they are simply black) same for bins which are also simply black squares and maybe that pots seem to look more like a bed.
Also Cinnabar and Hematite ore look nearly identical and are really hard to differentiate.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:24:37 am by LordNippes »

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 02:54:12 am »

Good tileset, ty!
But have same issue with destignation with priority:
https://imgur.com/a/VDBIy - black on black and no numbers = (

mb i miss some libs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 05:27:01 am »

Good tileset, ty!
But have same issue with destignation with priority:
https://imgur.com/a/VDBIy - black on black and no numbers = (

mb i miss some libs
Ah! Easy fix: I have no transparency on the numbers. Once I make them a bit transparent, you will see the designations. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 06:30:13 pm »

I seem to be seeing a bed icon where I expect to see a (food) pot ...

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 02:19:29 am »

This is perfect, Meph! Really detailed and characterful, but crisp, clear, not at all noisy, and all nicely differentiated and easy to tell apart. Everything I'm looking for in a graphics pack!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 01:56:22 pm »

Is your screen resolution at least 2560p wide?

2560x1600

Plus a smaller second monitor

Any ideas on this?  Or other information I should provide?  I know you need detailed reports.  I just don't know what information you need.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 05:29:19 pm »

Is your screen resolution at least 2560p wide?

2560x1600

Plus a smaller second monitor

Any ideas on this?  Or other information I should provide?  I know you need detailed reports.  I just don't know what information you need.
Do other tilesets work? Does TWBT usually work on your machine? Did you try another print-mode in the init?

Usually if its a crash caused by third-party utilities, there is not much that I can do. :/

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »

@Meph
All screenshots posted in Shielgates thread use your tileset. I know resolution isn't the best, i'm still trying to figure out why (probably some problem with file hosting or the way i upload it). If you need any screen in particular i'm happy to oblige.

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 02:51:54 am »

Few nitpicks.
I've created game on Windows, and then copied it to play using Linux version.
There were two problems with tilesets, as Windows has case-insensitive filenames:
1) graphics\wannabehero_DDD\DDD_Creatures_16px.png - should use lowercase 'c' in 'creatures'
2) graphics\phoebus\Skaven.png - should use lowercase 's' in 'skaven'

Also, different Thumbs.db files use ~7.5Mb of 19 in graphics directory - you probably want to remove them before packaging.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 02:03:54 pm »

Sorry for posting the stuff in the wrong spot.  I didn't realize the tile-set in Masterwork was different from the one in vanilla.

My reports will be moved here:

So I took a look through a two year old fortress and these were the main things I noticed.
-Seeds (black tiles)
-Bookcases (black tiles)
-Bins (black tiles)
and a lot more, but I'll have to continue when I've got more time.

Performing or telling a story seems to use the bush tile, similar to the children playing one.  Might want to check on that, unless everyone is telling stories about the recent am-bush.

Note: This is all after generating a new world with the tileset.  I didn't just plop it into an existing save.

RE: Adventure Mode
The sneaking indicator indicates an enemies line of sight when the adventurer is sneaking.  Since the tileset doesn't include those line of sight tiles, it renders sneaking utterly worthless.  Alongside sneaking, I noticed that tracking was broken as well.  Things like speech bubbles, swords and armor pieces being used for the tracks.  It also turns out that building is broken.  The entire screen just appears black, with no indication of what you're building.

Examples here: http://imgur.com/a/87G8q

Fortress Mode:
https://imgur.com/a/e8Aod
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:35:01 pm by ANickel »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 06:49:18 pm »

so here's my stock of images, from a new dwarf fort:

1. immediate first thing... Black is great but not when your designating things... I am confused as to what these are, some are designations for remove ramps and others are digs.  In addition similar issue when marking, they are just black when designating:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
of course as soon as you exit the designate menu you can see the blue marks if they are not on a revealed square.  Here's a zoomed out image of a planned digsite while in designate menu, no blue, no numbers (all 7 priorities were used to verify the effect):
and same zone when out of designate menu... be aware part of the right is a planned mark zoned that isn't blue because its revealed squares:

2. Tetrahedrite and magnetite have same/similar image to the point that you can't distinguish them.  This image has a vein of tetrahedrite coming from the left entering an oval vein of magnetite on right.... It runs all the way through:

3.  Ores that look like dots... generally I'm use to these images to be vermin running around eating my food, these are cobaltite and sphalerite. Mined gems are bigger images then the ores:

4.  Cursor disappears behind up/down stairs.  When designating, a carved up/down stair will block the view of the cursor, as if the u/d stair is on a higher level of rendering then the cursor.  Can't cut this image... it would just be u/d stairs, lol.

5.  Sand walls are so similar to sand floors that unless your zoomed in you can't see the difference.  This image is TAN_SAND in prospect, i assume its the raw name too:

6.  black squares for wood minecarts sitting on black square trackstops...  I've not taken a pic of this, I don't use moving minecarts very often but I do use them for quantum stockpiling...

I'll play through a little more then drop another set of images as I come across any more issues.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal
Pages: 1 [2] 3