Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mod Adventures  (Read 13983 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Adventures.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 03:31:40 pm »

I felt like I shouldn't do my own mods, otherwise I would have done Jawa Fortress already. Would you want to do it? I will probably do Corrosion next, it just takes a lot of work to write a good post and I don't really have time today.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 03:39:14 pm »

I could do it, but I don't use images.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »

That's fine, do it however you like.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »

To be fair I would be interested in seeing you do a run of your own mod, so you can talk about own design decisions and so on.

In general if we got a bunch of modders in here to do runs of their own mods and share their ideas and such I think it would help new modders.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »

That sounds like a good idea. Gives me an excuse to show off Jawa Fortress as well. I'll do that then. Do you want to do yours?
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 12:37:08 am »

I could at some point - currently I'm working on another update with a few more OC's amongst other things so I could do that once I'm done with it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »

I booted up composite mod and created a small world with 83 years, high civilization count, low sites, medium beasts, medium savagery, and rare minerals occurance. the main landmass is the Round Continent which is overrun with animal men. also it has a Ka po'tun Tower of rislisthokral, whatever that means. their are dwarves in  hamlets. their are some islands to the west of the Round continent, almost all of which has a hamlet on it. then to the north there is the Amazing Continent, a small continent that for some reason doesn't have any civilized beings on it. ok, now I'm starting the game on adventure mode. strange, the only non-outsiders are crow men, puffin men, mosquito men, swan men, and jumping spider man. I'm partial to Mosquito man, but I'll try a creature that's actually from this mod instead. Keg stand? Hmm.. do you keg stands bleed out alcohol? Hylian? those are for Hyrule right? I am going to play a heroic one named "Link", with high agility and toughness, and above average strength. he is a proficient knife fighter who can also throw competently.
       I start in a hamlet called "Pearlteal". It appears that this place is abandoned. I head to the mead hall, attempting to find anybody here. there isn't a mead hall. huh. I head to a nearby town. I go to the palace, in order to meet Princess Zelda. I look at my inventory and see I have a serrated orichalcum spear, and a chitin training dagger. I see a sign that says "the swamp of assault", which causes me to think I've found a weapon's shop. It's a clothing store. who names a clothing store "the Swamp of Assault"? something horrible has happened! the palace is abandoned! Ganondorf must have gotten here first! First I shall loot-, I mean look for some stuff to help me find Princess Zelda. I find minor minions of Ganondorf up some stairs. They look like humanoid crows, and one of them is claiming he's a chief. I attempt to force them to tell me where Zelda is.
imimi omoleyara , chief: I am imimi Roarmessiah! Prepare to die!
Link:...
I slash him in the upper arm with my dagger, and the muscle and many nerves are shredded. also I knock the crow back. A nearby Crow woman spearman stabs me in the right foot, but I remain upright. I defeated Imini with a headshot, then I turned my attention to the other crow. I miss her, but I trip and knock her over. for some reason the crow was holding a barrel lid, but I knocked it out of her hands. I also damage her left hand, causing her to drop her spear. I am left-handed, by the way. I hit her with a flurry of slashes and stabs, then kick her head and knock her unconsious. when she wakes up I will make her tell me where Zelda is. for now, I explore the tower.
ule Tayolimame, chief of chiefs: I am Ule Steamgrowths! Prepare to die!
Link:...
He punches me, then dodges so I accidently run into a wall, and I fall down. I stab him in the lower body, and tear his guts. he immidiatly vomits, and I try hard not to do the same. I grab him by the shirt and ask where Zelda is.
Ule: "I don't know what '...' means!" *retch* "just leave me alone."
I could not such an evil remain in this world, and gave him a one-way ticket to hell. I go back down and the Spearcrow is awake again. She refuses to help me, and despite having no weapons, tried to hit me. I hit back, and deprived the world pop of one crow man. I head down to the dungeons, as Zelda could be imprisoned there. I locate another minion of Ganondorf, a small goblin with a silver short sword. I steal it, along with his evil life. I find a magical amulet made of moo moo horn. it menaces with spikes of bronze. this will surely help with exracting information from any future prisoners. as I go along, suddenly I goblin jumps out and swings his sword at me. even though I am taken by suprise, I still manage to parrie the blow.
Ritx Failedassault, captain: ...
Link:...(finally someone who speaks my language! :) )
I charge down the stairs and charge at Ritx, who tries to dodge, but falls down. suddenly an arrow comes out of the gloom and buries itself in my leg. It is extremly painful, but I continue the crusade. I will never die!
Actually I'm wrong, because the goblin counterstrikes and knocks me out, then stabs me in the head, tearing the brain.
Ok, let's try someone else. I try a Dalek. "exterminate!"
I am in the village of suitorsoaked. it appears too abandoned to have anything to exterminate.
Oh, I find some crow people.
Me:"exterminate!"
Alu epeverera, Crow woman Trader:Hello, dalek. I am Alu Sparklehair.
Me: Exterminate!
Alu: Snarlglass is a half day's travel to the south. Ritxa Failedassault(the guy who killed link!) is there.
Me: EXTERMINATE!
Alu: Goodbye.
Alu: Aggggh this thing is plungering me!
I knock Alu into another crow person, who explodes. Then I take a few other crows out with my trusty plunger.
Then I smash a crow woman farmer right into Alu. The farmer continues to fight, despite her broken skull, but I take her out with my trusty extermination beam. Hmm... It appears that the plunger attack doesn't latch, despite the fact that it's a plunger. Anyway, I decide to give my plunger a break, and stab Alu in the upper body with a Alfr Spear. She's still alive. Just how strong is Alu? She's taken 2 blows to the head, twice crashing into people, 2 extermination beams, and a spear to the chest. I hit her repeatedly in the head until she's finally dead. Ok, I'm going to head to Snarlglass, nad Ritxa Failedassault. I discover a river. Can daleks swim? Guess we'll find out.
Wait, Daleks can fly? I find a Brahim Cow. Time for some extermination of non-plungery races! Well, they have two heads, so it takes a little longer, but I destroy the whole tribe, and continue on my way. I am abushed by something called "cliff racers". How nice of them to have saved me the trouble of tracking them down. time for ALERT! The cliff racers appear to be legless bats of unknown size.
I easily EXTERMINATE them. I am in Snarlgloss now, and moving in on Ritxa.
I am in the dungeon and engaging in combat with a gobbo. one gobbo down. as I go through the darkness two arrows come out of nowhere, but miss me. I find the goblin bowman. He picked the wrong tin can with a plunger on it and some lights, to mess with. I find another gobbo, and smash him to pieces with the mighty plunger.
this is the dalek's kill list: 4 brahmin cows, 2 horses, 6 crows, 2 cliff racers, and 2 goblins.
Rixta Failedassailt, captain: ....
Me: EXTERMINATE!!!(translation: you killed my former life! prepare for death!)
Oh, crap. A goblin archer just messed on my upper-mid left flank bumps. he will die as well. I kill the archer, then focus on Rixtu, who almost immediatly dies. Ok, I'm going to retire now.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 08:09:42 pm »

I haven't played that mod in forever, it's nice to see it again.

Cliff racers are an infamous Morrowind enemy. They're known for their high spawn rates. The reason there was no mead hall is that Composite Mod is from 34.11. Mead halls didn't exist then.

My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

Decided to join in - I'll be doing Enemy posts Star Wars: Jawa Fortress mod.

I've genned a small world with a short history, lots of minerals, civs and beasts, and medium savagery.

There are quite a few races and factions available for play: the full list would actually be a lot bigger, since the "faction" races such as the Jedi or the Pirates have many castes which are different races in and of themselves.

I made a fairly standard Jedi character, keeping in with the theme.

I'm apparently an Ongree jedi.

Quite an interesting-looking race - I'm disappointed they didn't appear more often. According to Wookiepedia they're an amphibious, diplomatic species - their unique features lead to both skilled negotiators, politicians and the like - though of course it's also exploited by crime lords and the like.

I spawned in the village of Sparklecharcoal, next to an Umbaran and a Xamster. The Umbarans are near-humans also known as the "Shadow People". They're characterized by their colourless or pale blue eyes and very pale skin. The Xamsters, on the other hand, were reptile people with large ears and brains capable of efficiently processing sensory input. Aside from their brains they sound quite a bit like scaly cutebolds.

After wandering around the village, I eventually found the temple guard leader - his quest for me was to kill a night troll. Not the most exciting quest but it'll do.

I've also asked about other surrounding troubles - two in particular caught my eye. One was a hamlet taken over by mandalorian bandits. I guess one of them had a particularly bad iron deficiency, considering he/she ate an assault droid.
The other was a krayt dragon - I wasn't about to fight one with such a large kill-count since I had some vaguely bad memories of them from KOTOR, as well as their smaller kell dragon relatives from Dark Forces.

I went to the night trolls lair, as it was close enough - none of the knights at the mead hall wanted to join me, so I figured I'd have to prove myself somehow.

In the lair itself, I found a copper coin from one of the pirate civs - looks pretty neat. There were also pieces of Vondunn crab armor - sized for the Yuuzhan Vong - however I could still wear it.
The Winged Horror Ramet was present in the lair - a three-eyed humanoid with backward joints and wings of stretched, clear skin.

Of course a mundane creature like that couldn't match a Jedi knight, so the fight was fairly one-sided. It bragged about killing a blurrg, which doesn't strike me as impressive.

Wearing the crab armor turned out to have been a wise choice as it deflected one of the troll's attacks. Eventually after severing both of it's arms, a slash to the head decapitated Ramet.
I've explored the remainder of the creature's lair, finding several yuuzhan vong skeletons, a matching left gauntlet to the one I already possessed, as well as an iron boot, and, more interestingly, a living steel spitting amphistaff. Might as well dual-wield it along with my lightsaber.

I went into a nearby hamlet - turned out that it belonged to the mandalorians. Once again I've tried to enlist the help of one of their marksmen after bragging about killing Ramet, but they weren't impressed. Atleast they weren't hostile.

I went further south, coming across what I presumed to be a bandit camp. Instead it was inhabited by a lone nabooian rogue shaper, holding a slab called "the Flighty Sadness". I decided this was a perfect opportunity to test out my amphistaff.

The negotiations went swimmingly, and eventually I got my hands on the warlord's slab.

I gained a sizable amount of powers from it, and used one of it at random on the corpse - shaping it into a Vagh-Rodiek. Quite a cute little thing.

I went further west, and in the wilderness I was ambushed by an AT-RT. It attacked by firing lasers at me and my minion - although it didn't result in too much damage - a chipped leg bone in the Vagh-Rodiek's case and a bruised lower body in mine. Each hit from a laser had enough force behind it to knock me away a few tiles, though. It eventually was scrapped when it missed a laser shot, allowing me to simply slash it apart.
Another ambush occured soon after this one - this time I found myself having to fight an Acklay. Out of curiosity I let my minion fight it first, to see what would happen.

He didn't fare so good.

I tried a bunch of different moves on the beast - though I'm not strong enough to throw it, it didn't matter as a slash from my lightsaber completely bisected it.

I've eventually come across a bandit camp with several marksmen. One of them managed to score a pretty good shot on me.
The boss was once again nabooian, although his minions were jedi.

I've let the boss slowly bleed to death and focused on his marksman thug - somehow managing to stab him through the skull non-fatally. Most attacks simply missed however.

A shot from his blaster managed to break my leg, and several more found their mark. My character was slowly growing tired as well from all the wild flailing.

Eventually Seba passed out, which ended about as well as you'd expect.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

Part of the reason I started this thread was because I hadn't had much chance to see anyone else play Jawa Fortress.

That was fun to read. One of my biggest concerns about the mod is that NPC Jedi and Sith primarily get their strength from Grandmaster dodging and sword skill. It certainly makes them feel more accurate to the setting in my opinion, but makes them brutal to fight. Think I should tone it down to Expert or so? I'm glad you were able to find quests. I was having some trouble with that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:27:15 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 04:27:42 pm »

Yeah, I think toning it down a bit might be good, since I think I only got like 3 hits in on the marksman at the end - also makes it difficult to recruit companions since they'll have vastly high skill levels by default.

As an aside, I'd also I'd suggest adding stuff from the Dark Forces series of games, like the reborn and such. I still love those games to this day.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 04:43:26 pm »

Yeah, I think toning it down a bit might be good, since I think I only got like 3 hits in on the marksman at the end - also makes it difficult to recruit companions since they'll have vastly high skill levels by default.

As an aside, I'd also I'd suggest adding stuff from the Dark Forces series of games, like the reborn and such. I still love those games to this day.

I'll try whatever "7" skill is. Dragons use that level for their natural attacks. Also, mandalorians currently have about that much blaster skill. I'll also tone down the Grandmaster armor user skill that mandalorians and stormtroopers have so they're more willing to join you.

Also, mandalorians have flamethrowers. That's clear in the films and Clone Wars, but makes them very good at killing lone NPC opponents, since NPCs aren't smart enough to remove burning clothing. On the other hand, mandalorians being deadly is pretty accurate to the source material. However, them killing Jedi by igniting their robes isn't. What do you think of that?

I didn't know companions decide whether to follow you based on their own skill levels. I thought it was just based on the player's fame/societal importance. The Dark Forces series looks like a good source for new content. I have some of the games, but I only really played Jedi Academy.

I had debated whether or not to include the vagh-rodiek you created. I thought it might be too obscure. Looks like it paid off though.

Nice kill on the shaper.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:23:41 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 05:15:16 pm »

I don't mind Mandalorians being strong if it's accurate to the source material - to be fair they should probably be like elite enemies, so I don't mind that much.

The companions joining you is based on both. If you have too low skill they'll laugh you off - if you have good enough skill then you can get up to 2 with the default social awareness stat (apparently if you raise that you can have more by default), then reputation can also allow you to have more companions even beyond your skill level.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »

Gotta love this thread. As far as having elite enemies with high level combat skills, I don't think that's really a problem in a mod so long as they aren't super common and aggressive, but I suppose that really comes down to the personal tastes of the mod's creator.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 11:04:58 pm »

I've updated Jawa Fortress to take into account the Jedi nerf. They're still strong, but shouldn't be unbeatable anymore.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6