Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BSD binaries  (Read 847 times)

Adrien2002

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
BSD binaries
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »

Hello Bay 12 team,
First of all, I am very new in this game and it is impressive. I met a lot of people who play it on my road to BSD but I realize they were using Linux emulation instead of a real BSD binary and, of course, they would like this game to be native to their favourite operating system If the game were libre, we will already have our own binary (just like NetHack for example). I'm not complaining at all about the fact it is proprietary, I'm just here to ask if the developers could be interested in making BSD binaries of their game just like Thomas Biskup did with his proprietary game : ADOM.

I love this game but I'm not on Windows, nor on a Mac machine, nor even using GNU/Linux OS but on NetBSD and this game isn't officially available for me so I came here to ask you if you would accept to make it possible in the name of all BSD Dwarf Fortress gamers.
Thank you for reading my topic. Even if you finally don't port it, I hope you won't forget there is a lot of BSD people playing your amazing game.

Adrien.