Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MasterWork Necromancy Adventuremode has a bug or two..  (Read 1395 times)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MasterWork Necromancy Adventuremode has a bug or two..
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:04:47 pm »

When you start as a Necromancer in Masterwork you will encounter a few bugs:

1. All of your pet zombies are hostile to you once you reanimate them.
2. You can become hungry and thirsty and need sleep and I assume you can die of old age.
3. Reanimating has a very very very long cool down in between uses

If you find any other bugs (relating to necromancy) please leave them here so that it will be easier for Meph to squash them.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MasterWork Necromancy Adventuremode has a bug or two..
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:45:28 am »

also masterwork vampire race cant drink blood or detect creatures like vanilla vampires
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:25:58 pm »

After Further testing I am also unable to read slabs or books as any creature
so...
Buggy?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:19:31 am »

so...
Buggy?

Can your character ACTUALLY read though? Reader is an actual skill you need to read a book, quern, slab or anything like that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:24:39 am »

Im not sure what version you're using but the necromancer adventure mode zombie hostility is related to a bug that was fixed in df version 0.40.24 

(*) Fixed a few problems with necromancers attacking (and generally being killed by) their zombies

Also i dont think the masterwork necromancer is as finesse as default necromancy is right now unless it is relevantly updated.

(Basically unless i missed a changelog since, *I think there was a more recent one* zombies are now tied to whatever alliegance the necromancer sees fit, including but not limited to necromancer citizens in your fortress raising friendly zombies against foes, and enemy necromancers being able to choose their engagements when fighting, whatever the necromancer chooses to fight, the zombies will do the same)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

so...
Buggy?

Can your character ACTUALLY read though? Reader is an actual skill you need to read a book, quern, slab or anything like that.

Yes I maxed the reader skill through df hack then tried to read a book or a slab. It did not give me the option to read the book it simply said "you have not yet read this book"
I was for some reason I was unable to read it the normal way however I then tried to interact with it and was then able to read the book.

Im not sure what version you're using but the necromancer adventure mode zombie hostility is related to a bug that was fixed in df version 0.40.24 

(*) Fixed a few problems with necromancers attacking (and generally being killed by) their zombies

Also i dont think the masterwork necromancer is as finesse as default necromancy is right now unless it is relevantly updated.

(Basically unless i missed a changelog since, *I think there was a more recent one* zombies are now tied to whatever alliegance the necromancer sees fit, including but not limited to necromancer citizens in your fortress raising friendly zombies against foes, and enemy necromancers being able to choose their engagements when fighting, whatever the necromancer chooses to fight, the zombies will do the same)
I am using the absolute most current build of Masterwork dwarf fortress and did a reinstall just yesterday.
I think the Masterwork Necromancy needs a few tweaks to make it current.
As I stated earlier starting as a Masterwork necromancer you are missing some of the default features .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:25:55 pm by Wyrdean »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:00 am »

They are not intended for use in adv-mode, they are an invader-race. Thats why the cool-down of their abilities is so low. They are essentially humans, because an entire race of undying necromancers that can read/write would cause A LOT of slabs/books to be written.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::