Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wyverns are Worrisome (MasterWork DF)  (Read 656 times)

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
Wyverns are Worrisome (MasterWork DF)
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:46:03 pm »

I just finished my last DF session with a rather happy helping of Armok's Healthy !!FUN!! Flakes!, although it was actually a human town that felt His wrath.

It was a normal day in Gleamshow, a cute little human town that largely was comprised of a half finished tower and an underground bit where I was figuring out what, exactly, I was doing.

Then, a Wyvern attacked. Zoanatgub Sod Nust, an acid spitting repitilian, descended from the skies. I immediately order my fleshy humans to retreat into the safest place there was (I.E, a hole in the ground) and sent my largely green military to go fight.

The wyvern was impatient, however. It munched on many a horse in the time before my men could come fight the creature. One by one. With haphazard, stolen equipment. And almost no training.

It was a slaughter.

I had one and a half full squads. I lost all of them except for the militia captain and a pikeman. The pikeman is important.

So, the Wyvern was sitting in the middle of my stairwell and occasionally hitting itself with its own acid while my apparently fat soldiers waddled their way towards the enemy.

The pikeman got there first. His name is Ras Urircish and his profession is now the Spear of Man. He has earned that title.

He waited a moment before opening the door into hell. A 3X3 room with only the piled up corpses of his comrades and their killer.

He runs into combat. He proceeds to utterly DESTROY the wyvern, blocking shots and dodging deftly.

Three pages of combat later, he has killed the beast. Alone, with barely any armor and but adequate Pikeman skills.

Oh, and he did not get hit once. Not. Fucking. Once.

After the beast was defeated and Ras emerged from the Room of Glory (as I have now dubbed it,) two humans were unhappy with the whole situation however. A Peon (Hauler/Builder underclass) who just sat down in the food stockpile and moped and a miner.

He killed over 20 animals, including all of my dogs, hawks and chickens. His copper pick is, I like to imagine, constantly smearing the walls with blood.

Anyway, I'm writing this at a late hour and I will probably go over it and edit completely purge everything and start anew with something that closely resembles competency. If anyone wants pictures just say so.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:55:16 pm by 90908 »
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wyverns are Worrisome (MasterWork DF)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:47:07 pm »

I love it when the RNG conspires to bring us stories like these, where all hope seems lost and yet, somehow, one lone hero saves the day.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: Wyverns are Worrisome (MasterWork DF)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 11:22:14 pm »

Wow.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.