Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This is permanantly locked for some reason, so I'll probably use it for something else at some point.

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
Piss
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 14, 2016, 05:17:07 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Succession world: df 2017 : A new start  (Read 121809 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 2017 : A new start
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »

Ok so I finished off my fortress and am now going to play this. Gonna look around legends for abit and then either keep doing CA's fortress, or try to kill one of the goblin civs.
Expect an update either way within a couple days.

EDIT: It seems using a tileset breaks things. That's fine, as I wasn't planning on using one anyways and just forgot to switch to ASCII, but it was odd to see dwarves dumping drumsticks into the river.
Also, why such a massive above surface stockpile and why a blacksmith's forge, aboveground!

EDITEDIT: Who did Aba Twinkletempted?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:52:18 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2018, 03:46:22 pm »

I'm not sure.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2018, 06:08:05 pm »

Oh, someone bumped this. Sorry for dropping off the radar shortly after February because IRL became quite heavy. Additionally, I wanted to wait for the library fixes to come in (Sorry, Archibald, if you are still looking for an update you can hose my turn and also the dfhack update failed on that fort) since it was one of the founding aims of this fort as well. Then when 0.44.06 came out, well...

Suffice it to say, I've now up-dated to DF 0.44.07. That's really just quality of life and raw changes to the saves (unicorn pets!)

Ok so I finished off my fortress and am now going to play this. Gonna look around legends for abit and then either keep doing CA's fortress, or try to kill one of the goblin civs.
Expect an update either way within a couple days.

EDIT: It seems using a tileset breaks things. That's fine, as I wasn't planning on using one anyways and just forgot to switch to ASCII, but it was odd to see dwarves dumping drumsticks into the river.
Also, why such a massive above surface stockpile and why a blacksmith's forge, aboveground!

EDITEDIT: Who did Aba Twinkletempted?

The last save was a while back. Not sure when, but not as far as noted. Damn. Also the aboveground forge was to stop the anvil being stolen by keas.

I provide an updated save that has gone on a while, to 18th Malachite, so that can be continued from. First migrant wave has been had, the outside stockpiles have been cleared out to the interior stockpile, and there's a barracks. I can continue to provide updates for the arc though (story arc not finished but would be expected to take a while). I can just resume beginning next autumn or something. If you want to make the game work perfectly with your tileset, replace the raws in the file provided with those of a 44.07 unmodded raws set to the tileset. They're effectively using 44.07 raws now.

Yes, there was a longer arc. Still is, if possible.

You could straight up build a floor on the barracks floor instead of engraving it.

The explanation for this is:

Dorfdate 52.05.14

I wonder when we'll get an update that allows us to engrave block floor tiles. It can't be that hard, can it?

Syslog:Dwarfdate 52.05.14

ALERT: ESSENTIAL UPDATE REPORTED
ETA: UNKNOWN
ENGAGING UPDATE HIATUS
UPDATE ALERT ON WAIT CYCLE 4406400000MS
ASSESSING UPDATE SUITABILITY...
ERROR BUG EXCEPTION: UPDATE UNFIT
REENGAGING UPDATE HIATUS
UPDATE ALERT ON WAIT CYCLE 259200000MS
ASSESSING UPDATE SUITABILITY...
MATCH: CONFIRM
ASSUMING UPDATING PROCEDURE
ALERTING OPERATOR
SKIPPING BACKUP
TRANSPIRED INTERVAL SINCE INITIAL HIATUS: 5358180000MS
REASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Dwarfdate 52.05.18
EMERGENCY BACKUP ENGAGED
LINK: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13596
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:21:24 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2018, 08:13:44 pm »

If you want, go ahead and keep playing. I do have things to do such as update God's Battle, and I didn't start anything except a peek at Legends.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2018, 09:03:11 pm »

If you want, go ahead and keep playing. I do have things to do such as update God's Battle, and I didn't start anything except a peek at Legends.

Thanks, main issues were I was beta testing a game and had multiple commitments (work, study, etc.) come up. I'm going to be travelling tomorrow but since the save is kept on DFFD I can transfer it properly.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]