Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This is permanantly locked for some reason, so I'll probably use it for something else at some point.

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
Piss
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 14, 2016, 05:17:07 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Succession world: df 2017 : A new start  (Read 121331 times)

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 0.43.05: sanctume built a huge bridge! Also, !!PLAYERS!!
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2017, 02:23:56 pm »

Fleeting Frames is supposed to be turn tsking, and his last one went for 39 years.
Please byild an epic fort.
Pwitty pweez...
You know, that terrifying glacier up to the north looks fun...
I'm either doing that, or some adventure mode shenanigans.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

Fleeting Frames is supposed to be turn tsking, and his last one went for 39 years.
Please byild an epic fort.
Pwitty pweez...
You know, that terrifying glacier up to the north looks fun...
I'm either doing that, or some adventure mode shenanigans.
Why not both?
Also may I have a turn at some point?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Of course. I'm giving Fleeting frames three more days...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course. I'm giving Fleeting frames three more days...

3 days, that's like umm only 20 df years?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Mooney! Your turn.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Mooney's busy.
Next!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Me?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Muhahaha, I shall do stuff no one did before highly unlikely
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Im next turn right? It would be nice to be scooted to the weekend

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Hmmm, my elk adventurer started in a human cave (what?). Update coming soon.
Edit: Boogeymen and I'm dead, but could I take another try cause I was alive for basicly three minutes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:09:42 am by snow dwarf »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Sure.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

The story of a musician, Prologue
My name is Mab and I'm a cougar man. Before I found out about my talent I lived alongside roads, hiding in the shadows and listening to music played by the travelers. I slowly learned how to play a tolmo from a particular music band that I loved the most, but one night boogeyman came. They murdered the band, living only bodies and musical instruments. They left me, because I wasn't much more than a mere uncivilized animal. I looked at the scene of blood with fear, but suddenly I found my future - the glass tolmo.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Chapter 1, animals are not that different from humans
I put on clothes of one of the dead musicians and came to the closest human village. That's where my real adventure started. I walked into one of the houses without knocking, at that time I didn't know it was impolite. I looked around and found five humans or more. They didn't seem to mind me. I took a minute to think how to talk and I muttered out "Would you like to play music and entertain the world?" to a human and he seemed to understand because he answered that no way. Saddened I decided to travel alone. To the south there was another village, but I decided to travel north. Suddenly night came and I remembered what happened to the poor musicians who traveled at night. I rushed as fast as possible back to the town trying not to make any noise. I came back safe to my starting place. I entered a random house, everyone was sleeping, so I decided to try my skills at playing the tolmo, however there was a teen not sleeping, he was listening to my music. I asked him if he wanted to join me and he agreed. Cheered up I traveled from home to home playing to people awake and asking them to come, they all agreed. In the morning they all left wit me not saying goodbye to their still sleeping families, all of them charmed by my music. When leaving the town I decided to sit down by a bridge and play with music a bit. So I sat there all the way till night composing.

The next morning we left this village to never see it again. We traveled north, I didn't fear the night with the new four companions. Soon I found out leaving the warm village might have been a mistake. We were starving and dehydrated after days of walking over frozen rivers. Soon, we found a dwarf fortress. In hope of finding water and food we decided to visit it. The image hunts me till this day. The field was a mess, there were bodies everywhere and from inside of the fort came a horrible stench so we did not go in. On top of the hill the fortress was dug in laid a pile of 200 or more bodies. On top of the huge pile sat a single dwarf, grief could be seen in his eyes. We decided to leave him alone. Still without water and food we traveled south where the snow has already melted. After two more days of traveling night and day without sleep we found water. What came next is impossible to forget. Around the river there were 20 or more boars. My companies literally jumped onto the animals and I with them. We didn't have food for days and there was food placed in front of us, though it was still alive. We fought the boars with our bare hands, I killed one using just my tolmo. We ate the two boars we killed in no time, without even cooking them before. That's when I decided that the situation can make an animal out of the most civilized creature.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Save coming today, chapter 2 a.k.a. last update coming later. Also a place in the waitlist so that I can continue my adventures later.
Edit:
Save
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:29:23 am by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Oh, right I just remembered I haven't retired, could somebody retire me somewhere. Part two on friday.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35