Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This is permanantly locked for some reason, so I'll probably use it for something else at some point.

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
Piss
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 14, 2016, 05:17:07 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Succession world: df 2017 : A new start  (Read 122472 times)

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alrighty. I'll download the file and get started. And yes, I'll remember to retire your adventurer.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Alrighty. I'll download the file and get started. And yes, I'll remember to retire your adventurer.
Thanks
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I loaded up your adventurer to retire him, he was in the middle of nowhere. The option to retire is "Give in to starvation" and I'm assuming you don't want that. What do you want me to do?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:36:46 pm by Inconspicuous »
-Yahtzee

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

When I loaded up your adventurer to retire him, he was in the middle of nowhere. The option to retire is "Give in to starvation" and I'm assuming you don't want that. What do you want me to do?
Could you find the closest place and retire, if that's too far go ahead and starve.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry about that. The nearest actual place to stay (That the game will let you retire at) was VERY far away. Maybe I could build a fort where your adventurer was?
-Yahtzee

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry about that. The nearest actual place to stay (That the game will let you retire at) was VERY far away. Maybe I could build a fort where your adventurer was?
Ok, (I don't actually remember how did I get there).

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys might have to skip my turn, I'm going to be pretty busy. Next time around though, I'll be ready.
-Yahtzee

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

K'
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile

Probably should have checked on here earlier, not that I would have done any part of my turn today (busy doing stuff). Will have a gander tomorrow (probably about 16:00 GMT 0) and hopefully have an idea what i'm going to do. It will probably be a fort (maybe a library or something, it will either be impressive or get overrun my gobbos/horrific monstrosities/demons/combo of previous).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I grabbed snow dwarf's save and tried get to safety. Then wolves happened. Sorry. A named wolf now stalks the land with three kills.

I will post the first real part of the turn later.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:07:01 am by Khan Boyzitbig »

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Would I be out of order asking for another go?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Founding of a Vault of Knowledge, Wealth and Bolts

With much deliberation a small contingent of dwarves from The Rhyming-Occult Palisade decided to establish a Vault, to preserve the collected knowledge of all dwarfkind in the event of goblins eradicating everything. It goes without saying that much coin and valuable goods be stored there too and weapons for those who may reclaim the world from the scourge that plagues it.

Established roughly southwest of the ruin of plainsmanor (or something like that) in a temperate forest where the water freezes for about 15days in winter, the fort is in range of all folk in the world and is called "Boltscarnage".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We brought many dogs for hopefully making a "dog bomb" (cage full of dogs located where invaders will enter and attached to a lever) one day and brought some ore to smelt into copper bars (just in case the metals here aren't weapons grade).

The elves arrived before our first migrants arrived (mid autumn embark) so I had little choice but to seize their goods (nothing to trade but wooden bolts and blocks of chalk), don't intend to fight them but they had food and a black bear (I wanted the bear, useful critters).

Only combat to report is Keas being Keas and getting shot by marksdwarves. There is black sand here too, we have glass trap components even if no metals (yet).

Further updates will be more detailed, nothing really happened while getting my fort started.

Also the following creature has a KOS order:

Contestmyths the wolf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Consider him an Agent of the Goblin Menace.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Baffler, welcome back.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 0.43.05: Pleeeease... Plaaayers...
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2017, 05:58:03 pm »

Minor Update.
Still working, Kobolds came, Kobolds got shot repeatedly with arrows and bolts. Nothing of note.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 0.43.05: Pleeeease... Plaaayers...
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2017, 03:06:58 am »

I've been following this thread for a while, could I get a turn as well perhaps? ^^
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35