Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This is permanantly locked for some reason, so I'll probably use it for something else at some point.

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
Piss
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 14, 2016, 05:17:07 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Succession world: df 2017 : A new start  (Read 118381 times)

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 0.43.05: Pleeeease... Plaaayers...
« Reply #420 on: April 08, 2017, 03:26:31 pm »

I've been a bit busy myself and I won't be able to start until monda. So if you want you could atleast give the lovely fellows a nice ending in their story ^^

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2017, 11:59:31 am »

Update time!
Baffler I retired your fortress in the good hope that they will survive. Kingdomssabre from your save file seemed pretty desolate to say the least.

I decided to try out adventure mode for a bit. And to break away from the dwarves for a bit. So here I present to you

Abla Twinkletemptations
A human demigod with the following stats. I decided to go for a demigod because adventuring is hard and I want to die a glorious death :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Today is the day. I will set out and explore the world! Many have told me that it’s dangerous, and to atleast not travel alone. But I’ve been training myself with my trusty axe as a weapon for quite some months now. And I Abla Twinkletemptation will change the world. I will become the legend of ages and discover many a great secrets!
First things first though, I need to find someone who will travel with me. I’m close to certain that almost every person in Stylegirdles has their own life which they don’t want to leave behind. However a town is nearby, I’ve only heard the people whisper about it. They don’t seem too fond of the place and I have no clue why. Atleast the stories aren’t as tall and horrible as those from Kingdomssabre at the distracting rainy-point. It’s one of the few things we know from the far north.

I took the small trip to the town and looked around. Everything was empty. There were no items in the shops, no humans, elves, goblins or anything in this place. It was only when I walked into the castle I saw a fat man standing there. He looked tired but when he saw me open the doors I could tell that his mood got better instantly. He stumbled for words and then I called out for him.
His name apparently was Getak Strulemoth. The law giver himself. No wonder people avoided this place, but even then. The entire town including the market was empty. I spoke to him about my ideals and what we both wanted in life and we decided to share the castle under a new banner. He wouldn’t ever join though. But hey, we can live amongst each other peacefully I hope?
I looked what was inside the castle and claimed some armour. Atleast my legs arms and head are covered now. I will just have to be extra careful not to get hit in my torso. But I can’t complain. If I want to find companions soon I will have to trek over the prestigious fields towards Hallflanks, the nearest settlement, a dwarven fortress. I hope the dwarves have a better sense of glory than those serfs at Stylegirdles though. I will travel near the end of the night. The following trek will be the most dangerous one in my life so far. I hope to avoid anything dangerous.

An entire day has gone by during this trek, I can see the sun set already and after an intense search I only found an abandoned wagon here! Where are all the dwarves? I couldn’t even see anything remotely resembling a fortress or a place for them to live. Is this place a farce? Do the dwarves even actually exist? I can’t say I’ve ever seen one in my life.

After slowly descending the mountainous region again and shaking some snow off of me I found one! There was life here! His name was Imic Praisedcrafts and he said he was the expedition leader. Shortly after another dwarf came up to talk. And I spent a good night talking to the lot of them. They told stories about Moonhome in the far south a glorious place where dwarvenkind flourished.
Seeing these dwarves here made me sad though. I thought I would find a great home and instead I found a cart and they slept on the ground. I don’t know how these dwarves get through their days. Have they no ambition? No will for comfort or a decent place to want to call home. However I can’t let this demotivate me. I will go to Moonhome and visit this pinnacle of dwarven society.

----------------------

Sadly not much happened during the trip. I somehow also managed to avoid a bogeyman encounter during the night while sleeping alone. I honestly thought I was done for.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:10:54 pm by ImTheBaws »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2017, 12:00:41 pm »

The images are down.
Just saying.
*takes a bite of bread*
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

Yeah I was just looking at it, and I don't know what causes it. I'll try something else in a minute
edit : that should've fixed it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:10:03 pm by ImTheBaws »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2017, 12:23:23 pm »

Just finished reading it.
I think I made a big mistake or two when founding hallflanks...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2017, 05:15:02 pm »

BTW If you are adventuring and decide to visit Boltscarnage beware the crossbow traps beyond the trade depot. I know I built at least six with 10 crossbows each. It made sense to me at the time.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2017, 09:07:21 pm »

I don't have time to read this thread right now but... This looks fun. I can't take a turn at the moment simply because my computer is down. When I'm able I will though.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »

BTW If you are adventuring and decide to visit Boltscarnage beware the crossbow traps beyond the trade depot. I know I built at least six with 10 crossbows each. It made sense to me at the time.

I thought you need to load ammo for those to shoot?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »

I thought you need to load ammo for those to shoot?
There is over 1k crossbow bolts in that fort and at least the first set of traps are fully loaded with bolts too.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

satanized

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Succession world: df 0.43.04
« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2017, 04:09:46 pm »

God, this is...amazing.

Hello everyone! I'm relatively new to DF and to these forums. Anyway, I'd like to join. Sign me up, please.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:58:45 pm by satanized »

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 18, 2017, 03:12:08 am »

I am so sorry for disappearing. My life got extremely hectic in a short period of time. I finished up my game and will upload the new save file to dffd soon. Quite a lot happened and I did achieve a goal. But playing as human is actually rather hard in this world. I will take my time to edit what ive written and post it asap. In the meantime someone else could take their turn. You'll all hear more soon :D

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2017, 06:47:02 am »

The trek would take me to one of this world’s miracles first. I was quite eager to see this dwarven piece of engineering. An entire bridge made of glass crossing the ocean of Budding! I was quite excited to see it’s stone buildings at the end of this desert I’ve traversed for the past two days. The local wildlife was friendly enough and luckily I could take shelter in the night from the bogeymen when the first day ended. However as I walked up to the bridge and started looking for people I saw a trail of blood on the floor. I instantly felt nervous and held my axe closer to me.

I strolled forward and in front of me running come a small dwarven child he looked like he was about to turn 7 years old, completely calm and not even caring about the bloody trail the he was walking next to. He darted off when I asked about his father and mother playing withhis toy boat. Man I’d give so much away just to be that young again. And so I decided to follow the trail once more. The trail led into a building, a housing complex it seems. But there the trail went cold and I found a dwarf who explained that Sarvesh Paintedlasher got hurt in an accident and bled to death. They left the mark as a reminder to him. Rather bizarre if you ask me.

I went to explore the rest of the town, which with a nice breeze and the silty wind was quite a charm to explore. The glass glittered in the sunlight and it was absolutely beautiful. The library was filled with books but there were few that were actually interesting. Almost every book was about locking mechanisms. Not just by one author even! I read a few of the books and they re-examined the object and mechanism over and over and there were even novellas! What's with these dwarves?

I sat down at one of the taverns and two dwarves joined me. We started telling stories of our lives and the region and drank as much as we could. Needless to say, I woke up with an extreme hangover. Vomit was all around me and my shirt and armor was covered in sand and the sticky goo. I sat upright and took a sip from my waterskin. And next to me I saw two dwarves sleeping in the sand as well. I vaguely remembered their names and what we talked about. Zon the male crossbowdwarf and Erush a wannabe female dwarven bard. The sun slowly started to rise on the horizon and Zon woke up, after a yan he looked at me with delight in his eyes.
"Oi Abla! Remember I brought you an extra crossbow!"
I grabbed my head, this dwarf knew nothing of hangovers apparently.
"A crossbow? What for? And could you please for the love of not talk so loudly?"
"Why we're going to raid the goblin fortress Begunspiders! Don't you remember?"

I stared at him blankly as Erush started to wake up. Who laughed at my vomit covered... everything before handing me a small towel.
I cleaned myself and Erush said to me.
"I'm sure you will be the one to fell the callus of gutters. I believe in you."
"The callus of gutters? The demon lord?"
Erush smiled and started walking. "Lets go!"

We travelled through the southern island towards the forest. And night came to visit us once more. The fortress spire was visible however in the sky in front of us. It made me feel nervous. But then again close to a week went by without much happening so far. We set up a camp close to the dark pits that surround it. Tomorrow we shall confront the goblins and maybe their even demon overlord.

The next morning we stealthily set foot towards one of the towers that were spread on this landscape. The sun started to scorch us as it rised from it’s slumbering position and soon we found ourselves to enter one of their towers unseen. We heard sounds coming from outside and in a rage Zon had put a bolt in the first goblin he found. I saw it pierce the goblin’s heart. And it screamed in pain and agony it's friend started to run away! We had been spotted! I started to sprint after them. They couldn’t tell anyone!

Quickly I tackled the creature and it fell to the ground. I slashed it with my axe in it’s head And its screams ended after a 2nd blow which decapitated him. I looked back towards Erush who was chasing the pincushioned goblin and told him to stop. After which the goblin just fell down and died from blood loss.

After a closer inspection both seemed civilians. And I started to think, are these creatures truly evil? The dwarves surely seem to think so but these were just some ugly things. Erush reminded me of the demon. And I started to find her story hard to believe. But we were so close now, I just had to see for myself.

We continued and slaughtered more goblins. One fell over after multiple bolts shot by both Zon and me. I slashed it in two, amazed at my own strength and I saw another goblin in a hallway. Sprinting away. This day would become incredibly long. I followed the trail of goblins and killed two more that were trying to flee. I took out my crossbow again and fired two bolts, both hitting their target and one piercing another heart.

I looked up and there it was in front of me. The spire that touched the heavens. There was no way back now. I quickly turned around and saw my companions nowhere near. I must’ve lost them in my bloodlust. The screams of dozens of unseen goblins near me. I decided to take down whomever I could with my crossbow until Zon and Erush found me again.

After a few seconds I heard Erush screaming for help and I decided to turn around and sprint back. I struck down another goblin who was crying and sprinting away. And there I saw Erush and Zon, Erush heavily wounded and Zon running after something. Erush was winning his fight though as I saw the goblin he was fighting fall to the ground. I buried my axe in his head and ran after Zon who was chasing a heavily wounded goblin. As I grabbed my crossbow to help zon he

I shivered when I saw Erush after all of this, her eye was gouged out and she had wounds all over her body. None of them were fatal though. I picked her up and tried to bring her to one of the towers. She was in no condition to fight any longer and should stay put there. As we walked a bolt flew past me, I looked around and put Erush as hastily as I could back on the floor. A crossbow pointed at me as I started sprinting towards the goblin that fired it. It fled in terror and in the moment I grabbed a bolt from my quiver and threw it towards him, where it struck the creature in it’s achilles heel and it fell over. It stopped moving and I took this moment to break it’s skull.

------------------------------
Ps. I absolutely loved to explore sandalswims, I could tell the amount of love that was put in. I also realized that I had to swim over part of the ocean to get to moonhome. I dont think that would work out with novice swimmer and a ton of armour.

ImTheBaws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:54 am »

Quickly after that I lost my companions. They had run off again and so I decided to enter the spiral myself. The doors slowly slid open as I pushed against their incredibly heavy material. I entered a hallway and traversed through the halls where many foes stood before me, all of whom perished. I walked through the castle turning it’s halls into catacombs and I went up flight of stairs after stairs. After a while a long staircase in the middle of the fortress was spotted. After ascending the stairs I found one of the many doors made of slade. I opened it and bravely walked inside only to get stopped dead in my tracks. Before me stood a huge anteater with no nose with long hair that’s close to auburn in colour. It’s body twisted into something that represents a form of humanoids. It was even wearing clothes made from the creatures that lived here.

Scared I looked at it. And put my shield up high and spoke to it. I introduced myself and where I expected him to charge at me. He simply responded and started to slowly walk towards me.
“greetings traveler, My name is The Callus of Gutters.”
Slowly it spoke and then it realized what I had done inside his castle. He said to me.
“You killed my subjects, that means your time is at an end.”
When he came closer I saw that he was covered in some frozen fluid. I got chills on my back but I stood firm and responded
“Your reign in this world will end! You vile creature!”

I started to fire bolts at it and easily with inhuman agility and finesse avoided every single one of them. It’s huge appearance was something to be reckoned with. And when it started to tower over me I decided to run away.

It taunted me as I ran away bragging about the beasts and creatures it had slain. I would have none of it though. His taunts meant nothing if it meant keeping my life. I wasn’t confident in my abilities enough as it was, let alone fight something without body armour.

I ran past the flights of stairs back outside and stopped for a moment. I saw blood in a place I hadn’t been yet. I ran towards it, axe ready and entered a room. Someone laid on the floor in a pool of blood. Erush was dead. He followed me inside and apparently fought a troll as cyan blood was in the hallway.

Tears went down my eyes as I strolled up towards her body. Erush, my friend. I hadn’t even known her for that long. She shouldn’t have followed me. Why did she do it? I kneeled down and closed her one remaining intact eye and sat there for a bit. The noise of things moving in the castle was still present when I stood up. I put her corpse on my shoulder and started to walk towards the exit.

By chance Zon had followed me inside and he stood before me, unharmed. I sighed of relief. We set out to leave this place and did the only thing we could think of that would honour our friend.
We started making a burial site, a wooden shrine for Erush and after we were done for the day we noticed that we almost had no water left, working in this scorching heat has both made us extremely thirsty, so we set out in the middle of the night to find water.

By chance we came across a pack of hyenas, 9 of them to be precise. We were outnumbered and Zon foolishy charged in. I wanted to stop him but it was too late, screaming at the top of his lungs as he swung his crossbow at the beasts. Most of them had latched on him within mere seconds and were tearing his flesh of. He gave in after mere moments even with me trying to bash them off. They tore his flesh from him and I just wasn’t fast enough to save him. I saw him die and I couldn’t leave him behind. I fought every single one of those beasts. 4 were crippled by the time they looked towards me. And the fight was still pretty hairy. But I did it, I killed them all and only left with a scar on my arm. I took his corpse and now had two to carry along
( I didn’t want Erush’ body to be left as predators might eat it ).

With defeat in my eyes I started to walk back towards camp but then I heard it, cackling from beyond my sight. My heart was pounding and I started running. I had to find some place to stay. Somewhere safe! But where? There was only wilderness near me. I dropped Erush and Zon’s bodies on the floor and started running. Just running, I had to survive till sunset. I am lucky that it is late at night already. But theres still about 3 hours remaining.

I heard commotion to the northwest, I will try to run towards it. Whatever it might be, it’s always better than these cackling horrors. But it seems as if they win over the lone traveler once again, I begged for mercy as they started to gain on me. I asked my god to help me but nothing arrived. Then one of them broke my spine and I couldn't feel my legs anymore. I fell to the ground and I remember all the things that made my life worthwhile. Was this my punishment for killing all those goblins? I will never know, but one thing is for certain, my death.

Abla Twinkletemptations will be remembered as a huge towering human which makes goblin children shiver. She would come for them if they were naughty and take them from their bed while they sleep. A human foolish enough to not protect her body, but everything else and one that could deflect missiles with her axe midair. To this day, the goblins hope to never see her face on this world again.

Ps. The save is up on dffd

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2017, 07:26:08 am »

Well, ypu were the first person to ever be a threat to the goblins. You were the first to ever actually come up against the demon. That was probably enough for stories to be told.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 23, 2017, 02:51:49 pm »

When can I have my turn? My computer has it's charger now.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35