Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Mount and Blade: Warband (as a Supremacist)  (Read 5364 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Let's Play Mount and Blade: Warband (as a Supremacist)
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:45:40 am »

Greetings, Gamers across the Globe! This is Greatness942, and that was my Youtube intro. For a video based Let's Play thread, you'll be hearing that a lot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mount and Blade: Warband is a medieval roleplaying simulation/sandbox game produced by TaleWorlds Entertainment, released on March 30th, 2010. The game is a standalone expansion to Mount and Blade, adding a new kingdom known as the Sarranid Sultanate (a desert based Kingdom) to join the first game's kingdoms (The Nords, the Rhodoks, the Vaegirs, the Swadians, and the Khergit Khanate, and also added multiplayer along with other general improvements. The game was received favorably, and there's a sequel coming out soon as a prequel to both the original game and this, known as Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord.

So, as I was about to start a New Game to play through the actual game again, a thought occurred to me, or hit me like a tanker truck, I forget. What if, I not only swore loyalty to only the Kingdom my character goes to at the start, but was also a criminal and warmonger to every nation except my home Kingdom. In other words:

My Kingdom (Sarranids, Khergits, Nords, Swadians, Vaegirs, Rhodoks) vs. the Five Others, via my actions. Oh yeah.

So, since I brought up the idea of a Let's Play, I thought this made sense to bring up here. I have 3 Forum Games already, but since this will be connected to my channel, it will be easier to do.

Now for the disclaimers followed by the character you guys wanna see go through this.

Spoiler: Disclaimers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Create a Character (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:32:33 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Mount and Blade: Warband (as a Supremacist)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 03:24:00 pm »

*reserved/bump...what does this even do? I'dunno, doing it anyway*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 05:02:34 pm »

May we vote? Should we vote? I'll do it anyway. I vote for Swadia, because Swadia is best. Glory to Swadia.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:03:13 pm »

May we vote? Should we vote? I'll do it anyway. I vote for Swadia, because Swadia is best. Glory to Swadia.

Ooh, that's actually a good idea! I'll remove Kingdoms from the sheet, and make it it's own spoiler.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 05:23:03 pm »

I don't see you as a racist, but rather a Patriot.  After all, once a foreign lord bows knee to your preferred Liege, you won't treat them any differently than you would those smart enough to follow the One True Liege at the start.

So, while "Evil" is a strong word, I see no reason that those who follow the Five Tyrants should be spared your worthy wraith.  Burn villages, rob wagon trains, beat up villagers and sell them.  These are the rewards for following Tyrants, and they shall be spared from your wraith when their lords bow knee to the One True Liege.

I would have to agree with Swadia, because they are the most balanced, although you can make your life much easier by picking Rhodoks or Nord (you can always just hire foreign horsemen *cough Khergit cough* for your field battles, the sieges are either a breeze or murder based on those two above factions).  After all, since all troop types will eventually serve the One True Liege, it doesn't matter which faction they affiliate with now.  Use what you must use.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 06:21:13 pm »

I don't see you as a racist, but rather a Patriot.  After all, once a foreign lord bows knee to your preferred Liege, you won't treat them any differently than you would those smart enough to follow the One True Liege at the start.

So, while "Evil" is a strong word, I see no reason that those who follow the Five Tyrants should be spared your worthy wraith.  Burn villages, rob wagon trains, beat up villagers and sell them.  These are the rewards for following Tyrants, and they shall be spared from your wraith when their lords bow knee to the One True Liege.

I would have to agree with Swadia, because they are the most balanced, although you can make your life much easier by picking Rhodoks or Nord (you can always just hire foreign horsemen *cough Khergit cough* for your field battles, the sieges are either a breeze or murder based on those two above factions).  After all, since all troop types will eventually serve the One True Liege, it doesn't matter which faction they affiliate with now.  Use what you must use.

Two votes Swadia? Okay. If no one else votes tomorrow, or if someone else picks Swadia, you guys can create the character. If someone shows up and votes a different kingdom, I'll start a poll.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »

I'll vote for Swadia.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

I'll vote for Swadia.

Alright! A Swadian Supremacist. I like it.

Now, it's time for you guys to create a character. Our Supremacist. In case you don't see the character sheet template, it's in the OP. Quite excited to see how this goes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 09:41:34 pm »

Name: Heinrich von Fleskenbaum.
Gender: Male. The extra work of climbing in the ranks as a female character might take away too much time from glorious Non-Swadian fumigations.

Primary Weapon Stat: One Handed & Polearms. Start as we mean to go on.
Primary Character Stat: Str, Int, Cha. Bashing, outwitting and toading himself to victory.
Background: Impoverished Noble, Page, Squire, Revenge. The least favourite son from a floundering noble house, managed to get through the page and squire part of life, until disaster struck. The rest of the family is dead, the house reduced to him and the clothes on his back. He's returned to his family's old homeland to rebuild his name and avenge himself upon an uncaring world, particularly [faction of your choice] who were the ones who scuttled his life.
Alignment: R-r-r-rrruuuthless. The only bad violence is the one that hinders your plan.

Banner: The green one with three little pigs on it (or the brown one with three pigs on it).

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 11:48:23 pm »

Name: Heinrich von Fleskenbaum.
Gender: Male. The extra work of climbing in the ranks as a female character might take away too much time from glorious Non-Swadian fumigations.

Primary Weapon Stat: One Handed & Polearms. Start as we mean to go on.
Primary Character Stat: Str, Int, Cha. Bashing, outwitting and toading himself to victory.
Background: Impoverished Noble, Page, Squire, Revenge. The least favourite son from a floundering noble house, managed to get through the page and squire part of life, until disaster struck. The rest of the family is dead, the house reduced to him and the clothes on his back. He's returned to his family's old homeland to rebuild his name and avenge himself upon an uncaring world, particularly [faction of your choice] who were the ones who scuttled his life.
Alignment: R-r-r-rrruuuthless. The only bad violence is the one that hinders your plan.

Banner: The green one with three little pigs on it (or the brown one with three pigs on it).

Hmm...alright. If no one else submits a character, or if anyone else votes this guy up by tomorrow night, then Mr. Henrich will be our Swadian Supremacist Villain Protagonist/Normal Antagonist, depended on just what happens.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 10:58:27 am »

Heh, looking back at the post, the reason why I'm pushing for the pig themed banner is because his name (more or less) means Heinrich of Porktree.

It's a shame you can't make a fat character in M&B, that'd been fantastic. A fat, bitter man in the service of Swadia, lashing out against the world.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 05:28:47 pm »

Heh, yeah. Maybe we can make fat characters in Bannerlord. Though, that does give me the idea to spend most of our denars on food, and then things like good armor and weapons come second. Porktree needs his meats.

Speaking of, I do believe that unless someone submits another character, that Henrich is our PC. Cool!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 06:33:21 pm »

I'm on board with Heinrich.  We can be a true Swadian Knight, atop an armoured charger in heavy plate (one day), employing tactics and persuasion (and training our damned troops, too) whilst still being charming enough to have a large force of retainers.

A word of warning when playing as a Swadian vassal.  Swadian NPC lords raise small armies of potent troops.  Everybody else raises large armies of mostly weak troops.  Swadian lords are prissy little cowards who will run from a force they are perfectly capable of defeating in the field because their peasants with pitchforks outnumber the knights, even on a plain where they can perform a suitably devastating charge.  To conquer as Swadia, I find you need to make a few good (and powerful) friends in your fellow lords and then convince them to "Follow" you (you have a plan!) for best effect.  On top of that, Swadians are terrible at picking targets, or taking advantage of conquest for blitzkrieg strikes, which they are capable of.  Abuse your relationship with lords as much as possible to get them to pick castles or cities to attack that are actually worth attacking.

Finally, surgery.  Surgery surgery surgery!  It might not seem useful, but a mid-level character who loses 50% less Swadian Knights than usual is absolutely worth it.  Even if you're bringing Jeremus along (and you won't be, if you're raiding villages), still invest in surgery because of the assistance bonuses.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 07:14:19 pm »

I'm on board with Heinrich.  We can be a true Swadian Knight, atop an armoured charger in heavy plate (one day), employing tactics and persuasion (and training our damned troops, too) whilst still being charming enough to have a large force of retainers.

A word of warning when playing as a Swadian vassal.  Swadian NPC lords raise small armies of potent troops.  Everybody else raises large armies of mostly weak troops.  Swadian lords are prissy little cowards who will run from a force they are perfectly capable of defeating in the field because their peasants with pitchforks outnumber the knights, even on a plain where they can perform a suitably devastating charge.  To conquer as Swadia, I find you need to make a few good (and powerful) friends in your fellow lords and then convince them to "Follow" you (you have a plan!) for best effect.  On top of that, Swadians are terrible at picking targets, or taking advantage of conquest for blitzkrieg strikes, which they are capable of.  Abuse your relationship with lords as much as possible to get them to pick castles or cities to attack that are actually worth attacking.

Finally, surgery.  Surgery surgery surgery!  It might not seem useful, but a mid-level character who loses 50% less Swadian Knights than usual is absolutely worth it.  Even if you're bringing Jeremus along (and you won't be, if you're raiding villages), still invest in surgery because of the assistance bonuses.

I usually play without strategies or end goals in mind, mostly because I usually get a quest only to get jumped by bandits and kidnapped. Due to that, I don't usually get companions. For this play through? Your advice is fantastic, and I'll try to keep it all in mind. So thanks!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:58:03 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 11:15:34 pm »

First Part's being uploaded to Youtube right now! Gonna edit this message later to include a link to the video, and then when Part Two comes, I'll add a Video List to the OP.
Pages: [1] 2 3