Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Mount and Blade: Warband (as a Supremacist)  (Read 5311 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Mount and Blade: Warband (as a Supremacist)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 04:45:24 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnt3ghAy10

There's the link. I decided to just bump up the thread with it. Sorry about the wait, I guess 17 minute videos don't agree with the Laptop or our internet. Still, I hope you enjoy.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:31 pm »

Excellent!

Well, Herr Fleskenbaum certainly looks the part, I love his big, bulging eyes and vacant stare.

Don't hesitate to hoover up some more men from the surrounding villages. Most will die, but the more peasants you've got, the more useful survivors will wash out with time.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 12:20:47 am »

Video's uploading right now (Note: Will take a while), so I'll go ahead and present the audience participation questions:

What should we do after the events of this episode?

What should we name our horse?

And what shall we name our company of Heinrich and co?

(Note: While horses in this game don't really have genders, for roleplay purposes, our horse is a Mare)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:02 am »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 08:55:50 pm »

Aaaaaahhhh don't forget to loooooooooooot aaaaaaaaaaa

All those rocks and sticks and dull knives and green hats add up, you know. Flog 'em in a town, a few denars make all the difference early on.

What to do: Hunt bandits, do some training in the training grounds, get stronger, do some villager quests. All to build enough strength to start working for the Swadian lords.

Horsie: Heroine.

Our Merry Men: The Sausage Gang (-Band, -Company, -Cohort, -Legion, depending on strength and numbers. Sausage because fantasy Germany Glorious Swadia)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »

Our horse should definitely be called "Pork Barrel", following the theme.

Alternate band name:  "Heinrich's Hamfists", though I'm quite fond of the Sausage Band.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 10:00:51 pm »

Pork Barrel. A second for Pork Barrel. Good idea! She's no doubt a very fat horse.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 10:12:07 pm »

Our horse should definitely be called "Pork Barrel", following the theme.

Alternate band name:  "Heinrich's Hamfists", though I'm quite fond of the Sausage Band.
Pork Barrel. A second for Pork Barrel. Good idea! She's no doubt a very fat horse.

...Oh. I already recorded the video with Heroine in mind. Not to worry! She'll get a name change to Pork Barrel next time.

In the mean time, I am about to start uploading the episode. It'll be here around the morning, I'd wager. I'll bump the thread and post our audience participation with it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:49 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m6Oje2xZho

This thing is 26 minutes of video, by the by.

Now then, once you've watched:

What should we name the Looter we're still dragging around, and should we keep him or sell him to a Ransom Broker?

Should we keep training, keep doing quests, grab some more men for the Sausage Gang, and/or leave Swadia for now to terrorize another Faction/Kingdom?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:22 am »

Ordinarily, I would say that you should sell the Looter off, since as a 'mercenary' class troop he has limited upgrade options.  On the flip side, this presents an excellent opportunity for you to acquire a manservant.  Name him "Jenkins" and recruit him, then try and keep him alive as long as possible.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 11:32:09 am »

One more for Jenkins the Mansevant. He's taking up a prisoner slot, but it'll be a while before prisoner management will be a problem, I believe. Keep him along, although I imagine he'll get sold off by accident at some point.

"Please, Sir! Can I have my shirt back? It's ever so cold..."
"No! Bring me another steak!"

Yeah, the training grounds are blisteringly easy, I've noticed. Easy bit of early exp and some skill points. If you're into price fighting, there's the arena. Sort of like the tournament, but on foot, I seem to remember. Also, don't hesitate to chase down small groups of looters you can take. It's exp and pocket change, after all.

I think we might still be a little bit too weak to go raiding on our own, for now. Build up some more rep, a better gang and kit first. Then, we can always sneak into Rhodok and knock over a few villages.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »

I think he should be recruitable.  When you camp, go into the camp menu and choose the 'recruit prisoners' option from the 'other options' menu, it might give you a chance to recruit him.  To make him actually survive, however, you may need to give him his own command group (say, group 8) and command him in battle to retreat if you want to keep him alive.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 07:07:25 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxcZf1n3A4U

Episode Title: "From Bad to Worse"

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 11:43:49 am »

Oh, dear, oh, dear.

I'd say spam arena fights, even if it's an exorcise in getting beaten. You don't lose anything, and gain skills and denars as you go. Hell, eventually you'll cross the crest and start knocking faces in left and right. I think the current party is a lost cause, but some arena grind will probably get you enough to recruit a new Sausage Gang. When you've got another group of thirty or so lads, it's time to go on a bandit purge.

Also, pretend Jenkins fled to Rhodok. Revenge will be sweet, indeed.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 01:16:44 am »

Oh, dear, oh, dear.

I'd say spam arena fights, even if it's an exorcise in getting beaten. You don't lose anything, and gain skills and denars as you go. Hell, eventually you'll cross the crest and start knocking faces in left and right. I think the current party is a lost cause, but some arena grind will probably get you enough to recruit a new Sausage Gang. When you've got another group of thirty or so lads, it's time to go on a bandit purge.

Also, pretend Jenkins fled to Rhodok. Revenge will be sweet, indeed.

Ah, right. I forgot about the revenge thing with the background. Might as well make it the Rhodoks for a double whammy of revenge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3