Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gems  (Read 774 times)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gems
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:46:13 am »

I'm stuck in what to do I have found diamonds where I were carving out my underground fort and don't know weather I should extract it but no longer able to have an engraved wall or just simply engrave it. What do you guys normally do when it comes to gems vs engraving walls.
LP'er

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gems
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »

engrave walls dont do anything in terms of room value just build display stands where the walls where and put some cool things/artifacts there

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:45:32 pm »

Engraved walls actually do increase room value.  If the gems are common you may just want to smooth and engrave them for an even look.  If they're rare you can always fill them in later.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:59:02 pm »

Engraved walls actually do increase room value.  If the gems are common you may just want to smooth and engrave them for an even look.  If they're rare you can always fill them in later.
gems worth more than engraved walls and you can just put like 4 furnature pieces where the energaved walls would be. or 4 filled coffins

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 02:16:30 am »

gems worth more than engraved walls and you can just put like 4 furnature pieces where the energaved walls would be. or 4 filled coffins

There's a material multiplier for walls in addition to the engraving skill, so it really depends on what laborers you have at your disposal, a legendary engraver is going to make a much more valuable gem-embedded column than a novice mason will a gem-encrusted table.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle