Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liasions office bug?  (Read 650 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liasions office bug?
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:25:25 am »

I thought I'd call some extra dwarven caravans to dump all my junk on so i built a liasions office, called for the dwarves and a liasion popped up but no caravan. I spoke to the liasion about trade agreements and then he left. after some time i got an announcement that the dwarven traders were leaving but i still didnt notice them.
Now it has been nearly 3 years since then and I haven't gotten any more traders at all and using the liasions office does nothing.
I did get human caravans though.

Is there something i can do to remedy this? perhaps some dfhack command or anything?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liasions office bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »

That actually sounds like a vanilla bug where traders get stuck just off the map. When it happens you can actually see all their items listed in red in the stock screen, and even zoom to their approximate location (it will be on the edge of the map somewhere) but nothing is there. It's like they got within one square of your fort and threw a wheel on the head wagon. The same thing has happened to me with normal traders in vanilla DF. I'd only call it a bug if it happens every time you try using the liaison for trade.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liasions office bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:37 am »

well, I got caravans as normal, used the liason office and the caravan liason seemed to have spawned somewhere in the middle of the map at ground level but no traders.
I do think that the goods was in the stock screen.
I did google around and saw the vanilla bug before commenting here because I assumed it had more to do with the liasons office because it seemed that people with the vanilla bug had traders appear again irregularly.
Also, using the liasons office again does nothing now.