Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns: Phoenix patch alpha test #1  (Read 14199 times)

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns: Phoenix patch alpha test #1
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 07:01:46 pm »

Also, for research, does this mean multi-research isn't possible?
Currently, just one research subject at a time. But with Phoenix you shouldn't have to worry about lost/buggy research when assigning leftover points on your turn.

Regarding the possible retreat disappearance of units, I jumped over Decados to see what Hawkwood sees and it seems that on Rampart you routed 3 units with minimum camo of 4 and your stack has maximum spot of 3. Since the units retreated to a forest they would be unspotted by your stack unless you moved over them (in Phoenix spotting works as advertised on the Nova website, so spotting is harder than with standard EFS.EXE and scouting with high spotting and/or low value units is recommended even more.) 1 minute video of the incident in question is here, unlisted on joulupunikki's yt channel.

I... don't think we have the fifth player, actually.
Heh, writing "Turn sent" was a bit pompous ... from testing pov it does not matter, getting first turn impressions from three known veteran players would be plenty. If you are still willing to play the first turn you can send the Hawkwood turn to me (I pm'd the email address.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »

I might have a fifth beta tester. I'll let you know what's up with that once I get around to doing the turn.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 05:43:21 pm »

(With the holiday season and all, I suspect people might be busy IRL, so I'll post this tiny update ...)

I might have a fifth beta tester. I'll let you know what's up with that once I get around to doing the turn.
Nooooo! Don't sell this as a beta test! People might be :o and even slightly disappointed when they find out this is an alpha test!

Textured fonts are being tested, they should provide a very close resemblance to original EFS font coloration. Implementation of (alien) ruins and monasteries is currently under way ... after that I plan to take another stab at the AI.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:23 pm »

Hey, sorry I disappeared like that. I'll get to it tonight.

Yeah, alpha, beta, s'all the same to me :)
No worries.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 11:17:05 am »

Hey, sorry guys, I just can't see this working any time soon. I can't find the time or will to run even one turn of the game, let alone half a dozen.

I'll have to back out. Apolgies for holding it up.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 11:58:59 am »

Hey, sorry guys, I just can't see this working any time soon. I can't find the time or will to run even one turn of the game, let alone half a dozen.

I'll have to back out. Apolgies for holding it up.

Okay, no worries ... if Margrave is still willing and able I'll do Decados and Hawkwood and send the al-Malik turn.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »

Hello hello!

Sorry about that, I'm still in it to win it. I'll send you a pm with a good email for the al-Malik turn.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »

Turn sent

I ran into a crash on Hawkwood turn and had to fix that, among other things. So we should be using https://github.com/joulupunikki/Phoenix/releases/tag/v0.52.3-alpha

Monasteries and Ruins work, except that Alien Ruins generate guardian stacks like normal Ruins.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2017, 08:57:02 am »

Sorry about the delay I'll get it tonyu tonight barring no disasters.

edit: Tried to boot it up, having screen lock issues. Something to do with the resolution, but I think I can fix it. Will try again tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:14:24 pm by Margrave »

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 01:00:54 pm »

Sorry about that!

Save is done, I found nothing game breaking. Killed some rebels, lamented that the rebels killed so many of mine, researched, ordered a few units built. Next turn I'll try diplomacy and unfair war against my betters.

I am in love with the production screen. My only wish is that there was a way for a picture of its location to flash on top of the menu for easier reference but that is by no means necessary. It is so refreshing to not to have to sift through 30 menus for one build order.

Kebooo your email is the same correct?

edit: And I won't take so long next turn. Promise.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 05:47:17 pm »

Sorry about that!

Save is done, I found nothing game breaking. Killed some rebels, lamented that the rebels killed so many of mine, researched, ordered a few units built. Next turn I'll try diplomacy and unfair war against my betters.

I am in love with the production screen. My only wish is that there was a way for a picture of its location to flash on top of the menu for easier reference but that is by no means necessary. It is so refreshing to not to have to sift through 30 menus for one build order.

I'll add that to the wishlist ... meanwhile, you can try Archives->City Info, it is like EFS1.4, except that the column sorting can be done sequentially to get multilevel sorting, and you can access production screen by d-clinking on a row.

Also, there was a crash in City Info, but I'm just about to release a fix, so wait for it.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 02:08:42 pm »

So should I wait for the next release before I play my turn?

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »

So should I wait for the next release before I play my turn?

Version 0.52.4-alpha was just released, we should use that. Also the ruins and monasteries should now work as in EFS1.4, with the exception that alien ruins produce the same guardian stacks as ordinary ruins.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2017, 08:10:35 am »

Sorry for the long delay, been really busy. Hoping to get around to the turn today

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2017, 06:42:52 pm »

I think I must be doing something wrong, no files are extracting for me from the Phoenix installation for Phoenix-0.52.4-alpha-setup.exe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5