Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns: Phoenix patch alpha test #1  (Read 14319 times)

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns: Phoenix patch alpha test #1
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2017, 05:56:43 pm »

Okie dokey. I'll try and get to it tomorrow night.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »

Sorry about the delay, I was having problems with my computer installing just about any program for awhile there. Had to do a system restore but now everything is just peachy.

Started the turn and everything was going just fine until I tried to disband some food above water and there was a crash. Apologies if this has been documented before. To test further I tried disbanding a hover unit then it's remaining "parts" and it only occurred after there was no other units left in the stack. But continued the turn as normal after restarting the program and there were no further problems.

I'll pm you the error report.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests for the Traitorous No Good Dishonorable Snuck Attacker Lord Li Halan: Capture one of my farms to test starvation, and we mutually should use assassins on Byz II to see how that works out.

Uh, if there was anything significant to note besides the crash that in the messages there was no special announcement when my Noble was killed by the Li Halan during their orbital bombardment. I do not know if that also would not fire if they were to attack them in battle/assassinate.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »

Sorry about the delay, I was having problems with my computer installing just about any program for awhile there. Had to do a system restore but now everything is just peachy.

Started the turn and everything was going just fine until I tried to disband some food above water and there was a crash. Apologies if this has been documented before. To test further I tried disbanding a hover unit then it's remaining "parts" and it only occurred after there was no other units left in the stack. But continued the turn as normal after restarting the program and there were no further problems.

I'll pm you the error report.

This is now UIW empty stack display attempt when disbanding last unit #119.

Uh, if there was anything significant to note besides the crash that in the messages there was no special announcement when my Noble was killed by the Li Halan during their orbital bombardment. I do not know if that also would not fire if they were to attack them in battle/assassinate.

Well, it seems that the "Noble lost!" message is/was not yet implemented. So this is now No message when a house noble dies #120

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »

Apologies for the delay,

the fixes have been done, and the voting system upgraded ... but some of my hardware is in need of servicing, so this will take a couple more days ...

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »

Well, real life decided to put several obstacles sequentially in front of me and thus two months have passed  :-[ ...

... but I'm now back in business with Phoenix. The 0.52.6-alpha version should be out after I fix some bugs with the new regency code.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »

This time I release before I talk: Phoenix version 0.60.0-alpha is out. A notable addition is the FLIC-decoder contributed by Akaine Harga. So now the unit animations work. This means that graphically the only completely missing feature is the wavy ocean shores on the planet maps.

Regarding this test game, it's now almost five months since the last activity so it would be perfectly appropriate to finally declare this game concluded. The test can already be considered a success, since all the basic goals have been met and I recall no major complaints from the players.

However, this being a test game it would also be quite useful to continue, the elections should happen next with the newly updated election code having just passed internal tests.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]