Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Restoring the default Ascii graphics  (Read 3584 times)

ashGlaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Restoring the default Ascii graphics
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

Hey all,

I recently made a new install of DF using the Masterwork mod. It's pretty cool, but it has a graphics set turned on by default. Unlike the lazy newb pack, I can't seem to find a way in the GUI to restore ascii graphics. I figured out how to use an ascii tileset, but the background tiles are still images, and I'm not a fan. How can I restore the background tiles to ascii graphics?

I figured I'd ask here, despite the fact that I'm using Masterwork, because it's more a tileset question than a mod issue.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring the default Ascii graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:00:40 am »

I assume TWBT is enabled, so you'll have to disable that (I think it's done via PRINT MODE; googling "how to disable twbt" or something will probably give you a certain answer). Also, if you want to remove the creature graphics set GRAPHICS to NO in ini.txt or delete them in the raw/graphics folder (also in your save file data/saves/<your save>/raw/graphics).
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0