Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25852 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Fairly sure this is cruelty to slimes
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2017, 06:05:42 pm »

Combat Begins!

Spoiler: Initiative Order (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Slime 4
Attack Mountain Goat with gel like fury.
With cat like reflexes a slime lashes out with its tentacle-esque appendage right at Stevi's mighty Mountain Goat causing a vast chunk of flesh to be torn asunder. Screeches of pain utter forth from the goat as it recoils away from the attacker.

Quote from: ??? Slime
Assault Goat 3
Hidden behind the other slimes the silvery slime makes it move, the surface of it's body vibrating as nearly a dozen metal spikes rise to the surface before firing forward at high speeds towards one of the goats. More shrieks of pain echoed through the cavern as half the spikes driver their way into the goat's side.

Jase wields his shield and longsword, slashing at any slime that attacks him, or Slime 1. Or slime 2 or whatever.
You make your way forward with the intent to chop another slime in half, but the chaotic situation and cramped space leads to your strike missing as your attempts to adjust your aim failed. A slime jiggles in fear as your blade cracks the rock next to it.

Quote from: Goat 1
Mighty goat stomp of fury road.
One of the farm goats charges forward with a great passion and fury noticed only by Stevi, his eyes well trained to note the strength of such a fine goat as it crushed its hoof upon a foe. Gore splatter everywhere as a massive chunk of the slime was torn away by the stomp.

Quote from: Goat 3
More goat stomping goodness, in a retreating manner.
With the furious stomping of hooves the injured goat flees back down the tunnel and it only comes to a stop after rounding the bend.

Snipe the gray slime first.
You raise your crossbow up and take a moment to aim at the grey slime through all of the chaos, your previous injuries causing a tinge of pain at the movement. Your hands jerk slightly as the bolt fires, but thankfully the projectile stays its course as it cuts through the mass of creature and slam straight into it’s target. Only the screeching of metal clashing, sparks, and the subsequent shattering of both your bolt as well as part of the slime await.

Quote from: Farm Goat 2
Assault Slime 1 with hoof and sickle, wait a second...
A swift hoof strike arrives at the orders of the grand Stevi, the blow nearly missing until the slime accidentally moves underneath it slightly causing a chunk of gel to be splattered away.

Quote from: Slime 2
Tendril to Mountain Goat face
Once again the Mountain Goat’s pained baying can be heard as a slime severely injures its hind leg, the tendril carving flesh from bone with strange ease.

Quote from: Slime 1
Engage in a duel with farm goat 2
As if by some kind of feud another slime decides to focus upon one of the uninjured goats as a tendril smashes into the goat’s hind leg, a slight crack sounding at the sheer force. A pained screech foreshadows the goat’s sudden collapse as the beast becomes unable to support it’s own weight.

Quote from: Slime 5
Strike at the guy with the longsword and the shield, the fuck does he think he is waving that sword around like a maniac!? SOMEONE COULDA DIED!!!!!!

Jase’s reaction is far too slow to catch the tentacle strike that comes from his right side as the shield only makes it halfway up before the blow lands squarely on his shoulder.

Retroactively give Smith my kiteshield.  Twohand my glaive, kill smiles, those who've attacked Smith or I dying first.
Your grip tightens upon your naginata as you take a glance around to confirm none are targeting your employer before lashing out with incredible speed. For those who have the time to take notice they see a very faint, blurry after image before two slimes suddenly explode apart causing gel to shower everyone in the area. You notice two cores shatter as your both took direct strikes from your blade.

Quote from: Slime 3
Hey, that shield guy is really bad at this! Let’s get him
As yet another slime strikes at Jase the acolyte finally manages to snap his shield up to block it, a dull thu sounding as the strike lands. A slight shove forces the slime back giving Jase enough room to think.

Quote from: Mountain Goat
FLEE SWIFTLY LIKE THE MOUNTAIN WIND
Without a sound the mountain goat turns and forces its way back down the tunnel to escape combat, and almost certain death.

"Ayy, getchem!" Stevi shouted at the goats as he swung his staff.

Stevi & the GoatsTM focus their attacks against a single slime (starting with 1 and moving from there), moving on to others if the slime dies before all attacks are applied. Wounded farm goats should retreat for safety.
You feel fury build up within you at the attacks upon your precious goats and lash out with your staff at the closest slime only to barely clip the sie of it with your strike. Such minimal damage is not enough to avenge the harm one to your goats!

Quote from: Slime 6
Blob. Blob. Blob.
A swift gel wrath descends upon Stevi as a tendril slams him in the chest only to cause a slight bruise from the blow. Ah, the wonders of totally believable armor.

"Alright boys, time to fight for our lives!" Chronus shouts. "Focus them down one at a time, dwindle their numbers! Save the big guy for last!"

Withering blast Slime 1. If he's dead, slime 2. And so on.
A slight wave of your staff causes a black mass of energy to appear before you and suddenly blast forward at a nearby slime. At first the blow appears that it may only glance the slime, but as a portion of the energy touches its surface the entire mass lurches at their new found target. You watch the gel simply turn to dust as you feel vitality welling up within you…

Smith grabs the kit shield and starts swinging his hammer at slime 1 or 2 or whatever.
With kite shield and hammer in hand you join the others in battle and quickly lash out at an awaiting slime, your strike missing by a great margin and instead cracking the ground apart.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)

GSSR Active: +2 to Goat Spots
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth (click to show/hide)

Enemies
(Dead)
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
(Alive)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? Slime (click to show/hide)

GM Note: If there is a D missing somewhere in a word, chances are its cause I missed that it didn't pop up. My d key on the keyboard is currently broke and only works about half the time, so i have to sit here and hammer at it until the letter appears.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »

Delay action until after syv.
Wield sword and board and rush the metal slime!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:41:14 pm by Egan_BW »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:57 pm »

Same as last turn. Withering blast the slimes in numerical order.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:51 pm »

If Eggo Revealer hasn't already killed the metal slime, do so myself.  If he has, take out whichever ones are most wounded.
Hmm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2017, 09:53:42 pm »

((When is bleeding damage applied? Depending on that two of my goats might be dead already.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »

It tis in the combat spoiler, status effects occur at the start of a turn.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:38 pm »

Actually hit one of those slimes this time.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2017, 07:01:25 pm »

Goat 1 attacks Slime 4 or retreats if it takes any damage before its turn comes around. Any other goats retreat to the same spot. Stevi heals the most wounded goats in case they're alive. In case they're dead, swiftly play the nose flute in a goat-herder's funeral rite and try to invoke the strength of their fighting goat souls.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]