Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19185 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [4/8]
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2017, 08:41:01 am »

go join the knights
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2017, 02:20:07 am »

Try baiting it into assuming it's corporeal form, then initiate a pincer attack on it.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:48 pm »

Rest for the night.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2017, 03:20:48 pm »

18th Fourth Quarter 998
Noon

Tyr Loknar

[2] Tyr left alchemists and went to a tavern room, immediately getting on the bed. He couldn't sleep in the daylight though.

[4] He closed all the windows, then sealed them with curtains and fallen asleep.

Euzaroch

[Wraith: 6, Kallun: 3, Euzaroch: 2] Euzaroch tried to bait the wraith with a charge, so it'd take it's corporeal form, but it wasn't lured into trap! The life leech phased through incorporeal wraith, only slightly stirring it's essence. Then the undead abomination took it's corporeal form and unleashed a wave of abysmal taint, losing some of it's essence! Kallun managed to dodge, but Euzaroch was caught in the deadly cloud!

[Kallun: 3, Euzaroch: 1, Wraith: 4] Sorcerer still managed to mangle the dark spirit a bit, but it caught Euzaroch in it's undead clutches and started stealing his life essence! Several wounds opened up on his body!

[Euzaroch: 6, Wraith: 3] Despite the pain of numerous deep wounds, Euzaroch managed to stab the Life Leech through wraith's chest, getting his life essence back, but also some tainted essence mixed in! The wraith imploded and ceased to exist!

Wraith form ability aqcuired - allows to take non-corporeal form for a turn.

Vrillith

I'd like to join the Order. - Vrillith said to the knight.

[2] The usual procedure to do it, is to get to nearest Order's keep and sign up there, then gain ranks until receiving title of Sunrise Knight. It takes years to get to it. - the knight replied. Couldn't this be speeded up? - Vril asked hesitantly.

[5] There is. A rank of wandering hero is a special rank given to those who proven themselves to the cause of Sunrise, not by coincidence, but guided by fate. You have found a sigil stone and fought with Out-Realm Raider, using one of long lost grand master daggers. This bears signs of an unknown prophecy. Then you aided us in burying our fallen comrades and asked for a place within us. This may sound unusual, but such are stories of heroes. - he said, leaving the table and taking Vrillith to armory tent, and getting a metal plate with symbol of sunrise knights. After the battle you've received armor which originates from the realm beyond Tenath. This plate bears blessing of the Sunrise, and will act as a valuable infusion, also giving you recognition as our champion. - Vril took out the out-realm armor and the knight placed the plate on it, and it blended itself into the cuirass! From now on, you are known as Wandering Hero of The Order of The Rising Sun. If you wish duties assigned, you may ask at Order's keeps or ask for audience with our protecter, Lord Miles Backhorst of Erdhen. - the knight said. On the way back to tavern tent, he explained Vril effects given by the out-realm armor and Sunrise bless.

Out-Realm armor strenghtened with Sunrise blessing, discovered effects of out-realm influence.

GM Notes

Rewriting glossary to fit changes in the setting and dump not neccessary filler. Changing three-stat weapon/armor system into Attack and Defense rating. Changing world history. Changing health system - new stat: Vitality, better locational health, hit-points.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:12:27 pm by Dark One »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2017, 07:26:45 am »

"Alright, back on track now."

Double-check supplies. Leave for the Sigil Path.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2017, 09:01:42 am »

ask and help them
"Well what is it you need most the most help with around here with?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2017, 08:44:29 pm »

realize that it isn't nighttime nap for a few hours, then get up and do . . . something.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2017, 11:21:58 pm »

Spoiler: I'm in for sure. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:16:31 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2017, 03:56:10 am »

Your character sheet is fine. The cap is for starting points, and you can train skills up to 10 (at 4 you're able to handle most mundane threats, at 5 most savage beasts are no longer a problem. Anything above is to give you a chance in fighting high level nasties, which are abound if you follow those dark fantasy bits, or run into any by mistake. And then, good rolls would allow to kill them at low levels). Deikos is a good example of what can be done with Advantages and Disadvantages.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [5/8]
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:45 am »

Ok, sounds great! So how do I roll for my starting attributes?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2017, 09:52:26 am »

Already rolled for them and for your equipment.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2017, 12:36:27 pm »

Oh, nice. I guess I'm all set to begin, then.

So, what are my attributes and equipment?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2017, 02:27:37 pm »

You can check them in your character sheet, on the players list. It's in stats and equipment sections. Also gave you some Fame boost in High Rock for a start (Vril started with Infamy in one of villages back when signing up).

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »

Head Northeast in search of adventure!

Heh... I wonder what fate awaits me at the end of my journey. I shall be off!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2017, 10:18:23 am »

18th Fourth Quarter 998
Evening

Tyr Loknar

[5] After a few hours of napping, Tyr awakens fully rested. He felt somewhat stronger all of a sudden.

[1] Driven by some strange urge to do something, he left his room and got caught up in the middle of a tavern brawl!

[Brawler: 2, Tyr: 3] Someone tried to smash a tankard against his face, but Loknar managed to dodge the wild swing!

[Tyr: 3, Brawler: 5, Brawler: 1] Tyr dodged out of reach of the first brawler, who then got promptly kicked in the groin and got a strong punch at his chin from another one! The hit knocked that man unconscious!

[Brawler: 1, Tyr: 5, Brawler: 1, Innkeeper: 6] Suddenly one of drunken brawlers lunged at the barkeep, who easily pushed him away at Tyr! However, he masterfully dodged incoming drunkard, grabbing a chair at the same time and smashing it on head of another one attacking from his right!

[5] Eventually, all the noises drawn guards to the Golden Goblet! One of them shot a flintlock at the tavern's ceiling, loud bang stopping the brawl. What the hell are you doing morons!? Third brawl that I have to stop this quarter! - watchman muttered out loudly and angrily.

[2] Everyone out! Get lost or I'll lock you all in a rotting cell! - he shouted after a while. But I have a room here! - Tyr quickly said to the guard.

[4] Alright, you can stay inside. But keep it all down and quiet! - watchmen said, leaving the building.

Euzaroch

Alright, back on track now. - Euzaroch said, sheathing his shortsword. Yes. it's time to embark on our journey. - Kallun agreed.

[2] The sword was shimmering in the reddish evening sun. There were no changes to the blade after killing the wraith, maybe this kind of undead is too weak to strenghten the blade?

[5] Sorcerer and Euzaroch checked supplies for their incoming travel. They had enough resources to last till next quarter in the wilderness. There certainly would be enough time and opportunities to restock them in villages or towns on the way.

[5] Taking their packs, as well as two horses from White Fell stables, they set off towards the place where Euzaroch absorbed dark sigil into his sword, in search of sigil path. The side path quickly leading to Anxreah, neighboring Wolf's Road, was cleared out recently by Isethian army, seemed appealing to travel along.

[1] They managed to get halfway to Anxrean border, to a place where a rope bridge led across a huge crater. The problem was that the bridge has fallen apart. Climbing down the crater would be quick, but dangerous, and the horses would have to stay on the other side. Getting around the pit would take a few hours.

Vrillith

Putting on his armor and taking pride in the rank of wandering hero, Vrillith decided to ask if knights needed his help: Well what is it you need the most help with around here?

[6] There's not much you can help us with right now. Sigil Stone is destroyed, so the camp would move now. - the knight said, but after a while of pondering he added: I heard rumors about Gretanar archeologists discovering ruins, here in Skraelan. They had to seal them to prevent some beast from leaving it. A squad of sunrise knights was sent there to elliminate the threat. If you're quick enough, you may yet reach the ruins and aid them in battle. Vril asked: Can you tell me which way I can reach those ruins?

[5] Yeah, you have to get back to the hill where you killed out-realm raider an move north until you reach a small lake. Then head westwards until you reach the side of a small mountain. - the knight explained, giving Vril a small map of the region. Thank you, I'll go help them as soon as possible. - Vril replied. May the sunrise light your way. - they bid farewell and Vrillith left the camp.

[2] He went to the small hill where he fought the out-realmer, and where three graves now stand. However, he forgot wich way he should go now.

[3] Luckily Vrillith managed to find his way around with map he received from the knight. After quite a bit of trudging through wilderness, he reacher that small lake he was told about. It was quiet and empty, sundown gently reflecting in the water. Only a pair of giant lungfish was milling about, minding their fishy business.

Deikos of High Rock

The life of Deikos was rather interesting one. In his youth, a pirate sailing around the Dread Ocean, raiding merchant ships. With coming of firearms and discovery of sibling islands, the golden age of piracy ended, as well as Deikos' career of a pirate. He took on a life of landlubber, a squire of a kind knight in High Rock. When his good master died to a mysterious illnes, heirless, Deikos took on a title of a Knight-Errant of High Rock, serving his duty under orders of a ruthless baron Tyelbough. But after many years of fighting off bandits and various lowlives, his life turned into a boring routine. It was time for the aging knight to get some more adrenaline, enjoyment and adventure is the days still left. Taking off the High Rock armor and sheathing a steel sabre in ornamented scabbard, all of them being a legacy of his previous master, Deikos opened doors of his manor and stopped at the doorframe - his armor gleaming gently in the rays of evening sunlight, a beautiful sundown on the horizon - sun slowly drowning in uneasy tides of Dread Ocean; the old knght said: Heh... I wonder what fate awaits me at the end of my journey. I shall be off! - and finally left the manor. Tyelbough's servants would take good care of it before he returns...

Deikos headed in North-East direction, to the heart of Tenath. In search of adventure...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18