Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19156 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath [6/8]
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2017, 02:56:20 pm »

Sorry for lack of updates, I was quite busy. I'll post next turn tomorrow.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18:28 am »

19th Fourth Quarter 998
Night

Sapphire and Jack

[4] Siblings returned to the gates of city some time later. It seemed that one of Order's officials already arrived and now everyone was granted passage.

[1] Sapphire and Jack were once again stopped at the gates, what with tresspassing forbidden. The city is closed at night. Those that want to enter must pay an entry fee of 25 Florins. - said a guard. Isn't 25 a bit too much! - Jack complained, trying to haggle a bit. That was an order of new governor of the city of Hopehaven. Can't do anything about that.

[4] Siblings paid for their entry and entered the city.

Tyr Loknar

[Mercenary: 6, Tyr: 2, Llathandrill: 2] Tyr tried to jump away from the mercenary to avoid his longsword, but he forgot that Llathandril dissolved it with a potion! Mercenary closed in and started beating on the alchemist! Mercenaries hired by the Lounge finally decided to help.

[Tyr: 6, Llathandrill: 1, Lounge: 2, Mercenary: 3] Loknar decided to strike back, breaking through guard of the mercenary, who landed a few kicks on alchemist beforehand, but also exhausting himself. Blades hired by the lounge were slow and rubbish, and they couldn't catch up wtih the rest.

[Llathandril: 6, Lounge: 3, Mercenary: 1, Tyr: 5] Llathandrill managed to get yet another vial and thorwn it at the mercenary. He started to scratch himself as if thousands of fleas bit him at the same time. This gave blades hired by Lounge a chance to knock him off balance and then Tyr compltely knocked him out with one, strong punch.

Llathandril lost 4 HP [7/14]

Mercenary lost 12 HP. Mercenary is knocked out.

Euzaroch

Greatness awaits us, Kallun! Glory to the Dark Lord! - Euzaroch shouted, charging at bonelords. Death to revenants! - Kallun screamed and followed him shortly.

[Euzaroch: 4, Kallun: 2, Bonelord: 6, Bonelord: 2] Euzaroch instantly caught up with one of the abominations and thrown it off balance with a kick, then followed up with a powerful upward slash! The other bonelord caught sorcerer in it's four hands and started draining out his life essence!

[Kallun: 6, Bonelord: 2, Bonelord: 4, Euzaroch: 1] Using the power of dark sigil that he absorbed to get back to life, Kallun managed to reverse the stream of energy and started draining life out of the bonelord!  Euzaroch tried to finish the undead abomination with a stab, but the creature smacked him at face and punched at chest with all of it's arms at the same time, throwing him away!

[Bonelord: 5, Bonelord: 4, Euzaroch: 5, Kallun: 3] The undead tried to free itself out of Kallun's life drain and thrown him away! He had a slightly hard landing, but he didn't hurt himself. Second bonelord jumped up and tried to stomp Euzaroch to a bloody pulp, but he took on a wraith form and the undead just passed through him!

[Bonelord: 6, Euzaroch: 6, Kallun: 4, Bonelord: 5] The bonelord tried to grab Euzaroch in his non-corporeal form, but failed. Euzaroch jumped inside of the undead just before the wraith form ended and tele-fragged him, getting also whole force of the explosion on himself! Sorcerer dodged out a heavy attack with getting just lightly scratched.

[Euzaroch: 4, Kallun: 6, Bonelord: 4] Euzaroch landed perfectly on the ground, death of the undead strangely healing him and strenghtening his blade. Together with sorcerer they killed the second undead, Kallun getting lightly wounded by shrapnells but still getting healed by the sigil stone.

A group of twelve armed skeletons risen after bonelords exploded!

Bonelords died [0/28]. Glossary entry added.

Life Leech +6 AR

Vrillith

What can you tell me about this place? What's hiding in the tower? - Vril asked, sitting on the log with old man.

[5] Wait? You're one of sunlight brothers and you don't know? Hmm... - he stopped for a moment, then continued - You certainly don't look like a novice, and your armor seems quite different than the one that others wore. Perhaps you're a wandering knigh? - the old man asked. A wandering hero of the order. - Vril replied.

Ah, this explains your lack of knowledge.... This charred, empty and littered with bones and graves place is Domain of Death. Here, the one that grim reaper serves resides. The being responsible for mortality of anything that lives, and for decay of those that cheat it with undeath and don't serve it. - the man explained. Domain of Death?
 So what lives here?
- Vril asked, slightly frightened.

[6] Old man took on a grim and stern facial expression. With a strange glow in his eyes he said: I am the Aspect of Death, a powerful being from the realms beyond, here, in my domain. Like my other out-realm brothers, called to Tenath by forces unleashed upon bringing the sparkle of life to it's barren wastelands ages ago by Unified Tribunal! I am the one that holds countless armies of the undead. Each death makes me stronger. Come to the ruined tower and face my might petty servant of three gods in one being! I dare you to come and fall, your miserable life essence bringing me more power! - the gravely voice echoed throughout whole domain.

Deikos of High Rock

[2] I wonder what this may be... - Deikos said, taking a quick glance at the gem. He couldn't tell too much about it. Except for draining light and looking pitch black in darkness, it was just another gem.

[6] Just before he was about to hide it, the gem started glowing with faint green light. Deikos noticed darkness closing in around him, black fog getting closer and closer. Suddenly he saw someone approaching from the darkness - it was a knight wearing High Rock armor, just like himself. When the figure drawn closer to him, Deikos stared at it, completely shocked! Another of those rotten undeads, in worn down and rusty armor. However, it looked just like him!

YOU! YOU LED US TO DEATH WITH YOUR PERILOUS ADVENTURE! - the undead knight shouted out with somewhat demonic voice. Several more of them approached from the fog! IT WAS YOUR FOOLISHNESS THAT LET US DIE, OR WILL LEAD US TO DEATH IN ALL OF THE ALTERNATE REALMS! - they all shouted at the same time. RETURN TO THE MANOR AT ONCE! SPARE US, AND YOU SHALL BE SPARED! - mad wraiths were shouting.

Erin Blood

Poor bastard, ah well time to resume my search! - Erin shrugged and then moved on, in search of a wizard.

[5] Wandering the streets at night, someone crossed her way. It was a beggar in his middle age, his eyes completely white - without irises or pupils, and his body covered with numerous scars. You have a gift... to harness the power of energies flowing through the world... Yes... I can sense it... - he muttered out. Are you a wizard? - Erin asked the beggar. He looked more like a madman than a spellcaster.

[1] The realms will merge soon! Cleansing is about to come! Sigils already started to turn.... FROM YOUR BONES, I SHALL MAKE MYSELF ARMS TO FIGHT MY PLACE BY THE SIDE OF UNIFIED TRIBUNAL!!! - he screamed and charged!

[Erin: 1, Madman: 5] The attack surprised Erin! Before she could react, the man jumped into an energy vein that just conveniently popped out and drawn the power from it to shot several lightning bolts at her, throwing her to the other side of street and inflicting heavy burns!

[Madman: 4, Erin: 6] Still having small quantity of the energy drawn from now empty vein, the man used telekinesis to bring Erin closer to him. He started punching her in her face until he lost enough power to completely hold her, and Erin beheaded him with one swift slash! Remaining quarter of the energy thrown her against a nearby wall.

Erin lost 11 HP. Erin is at the brink of death! [1/14]

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2017, 05:21:55 am »

"Wait, Three gods? What do you mean three? "
Request to leave alive and well, if not accept his challenge.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:01:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2017, 01:16:50 pm »

Laugh at the apparitions and place the gem in my bag. If the phantoms continue to bother me, try and pass the gem off on someone else. We don't want to end up like the guy we got the gem from.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »

"Why does this always happen to me" she sighs

Erin limps to the nearest healer or inn
No sig yet

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

"Ahahahaha! We are truly blessed, Kallun! Glory awaits!"

Chop down the skeletons!
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2017, 09:32:54 am »

Call the guards to come take the mercenary away, then ensure Llathandrill's wellbeing
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2017, 02:04:56 pm »

20th Fourth Quarter 998
Morning

Tyr Loknar

[4] Tyr left the inn and called watchmen to take care of the knocked out mercenary. They reacted immediately. Guards entered the tavern and took the man, dragging him behind themselves. Great job citizen! City watch may need help of people like you! - one of the guards said before leaving.

[5] Next Loknar checked Llathandrill's wounds - he had only minor bruises and several scratches, but nothing serious. It seemed that any wounds on his body regenerate quite fast. Like, extremely fast.

[4] Tyr reminded himself that his weapon should be ready to pick up at Erdhen Smithy.

Euzaroch

Ahahahaha! We are truly blessed, Kallun! Glory awaits! - Euzaroch screamed, charging at the squad of skeletal revenants. The path of sigils awaits! - sorcerer replied.

[Euzaroch: 6, Kallun: 5, Skeletons: 5] Together they charged at the group, slashing and striking wildly. Due to the number advantage, skeletons were able to block most of their attacks. During the onslaught, Euzaroch noticed a strange energy vessel and mistakenly activated it!

[2] Energies flashed and dispersed. Nothing happened.

[Kallun: 3, Skeletons; 3, Euzaroch: 1] Confused by the suddenly unleashed energies, Euzaroch got hit to the side of his head and got knocked out! Despite relying only on his fists, sorcerer defended well.

[Skeletons: 1, Euzaroch: 4, Kallun: 4] The sorcerer picked up a heavy stick from the ground and used it as a cudgel, beating upon the undead, cracking and breaking bones. Even though he was hit heavily, Euzaroch recovered.

Euaroch lost 6 HP

Kallun dealt 16 damage. One skeleton died, 11 left.

Vrillith

Wait, Three gods? What do you mean three? - Vrillith asked the old man.

[2] Once again, the Aspect replied through the elder's lips: You bloody ignorant! You don't even know your gods!?
 The most popular religion of Tenath worships them! You are worthless!
- the Aspect shouted in rage. I request exit from this realm! - Vrillith insisted.

[6] A sigil stone activated right in front of Vril. The Aspect spoke: Here you go, you blasted fool! I won't even bother myself with getting my hands dirty with your ignorant carcass!

[4] Vrillith touched the stone and his body once again broke up into multiple particles. He found himself at the entrance to the cavern with ruins, the passage caved-in, so there was no way back into the Domain of Death.

Deikos of High Rock

[3] Deikos let out a loud, mocking laughter.

[2] He hidden the gem in his bag, but wraiths were still there. YOU FOOL! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM YOUR FUTURE! - they were shouting.

[4] Deikos decided to pass the gem to someone else, thinking that it may turn him into a rotten wanderer. There was a beggar on the streets. The knight approached him and gave him the black gem. Take this good man. You may find it more useful than me. - Deikos said. Thank you good master! I don't have anything right now, but I'll be sure to repay you kindly in future! - the beggar smiled widely.

[3] Most of the undead disappeared, but one of them remained. HOW GENEROUS OF YOU! LEAVING THE POOR MAN FOR A CERTAIN DOOM! INFLUENCE OF THE BLACK GEM FADES AWAY FROM YOU, COMING TO THE POOR BEGGAR, LOST IN THIS WORLD! - the dark spirit yelled, fading away.

Erin Blood

Why does this always happen to me... - Erin sighed, scrambling away from that place.

[6] Look! Someone was fighting here! That woman is barely alive! - someone shouted from behind.

[3] We'll take her to the hospital citizen! - guards approached and took Erin to Wickbreach Hospital, at the other side of river.

[4] Doctors did their best to save her. Erin took her time in the hospital bed, recovering slowly.

Erin: recovered 8 HP. [9/14]

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2017, 02:07:45 pm »

Go pick up my weapon.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2017, 02:15:40 pm »

Recover some more, befriend the guards who rescued me
No sig yet

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »

((I totally think this is a great backstory for a villain))

Better he than I, ha ha.

Continue onwards. Think guilty thoughts. Look for a tavern.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2017, 02:32:27 pm »

((Glad that you like it. Would get even more tragic if Deikos tries to get the gem back but failed, or succeded and faced phantoms once again, but the choice is up to you, as long as rolls allow.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »

((Did I just survive the literal manifestation of death by getting confused over the way it was worded?

Well then, problem solved, time to head off and return to the camp to tell the knight what I saw.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:00:54 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2017, 06:10:33 pm »

"Ugh..." Euzaroch rubs the side of his head, finding the radiant pain as enjoyable as it was discomforting. "Even though this feels nice, I'm still infuriated by your insolence." Standing up from the ground, Euzaroch charges at the undead, slashing widely and angrily. "YOUR COLLECTIVE DEFEAT WILL MAKE ME EVEN MORE POWERFUL!"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2017, 02:13:15 am »

((Did I just survive the literal manifestation of death by getting confused over the way it was worded?))

((Pretty much looks like this. You've survived encounter with second most powerful being in this RTD.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18