Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19216 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy RTD [Con: 3/3] [Adv: 4/4] Session 1
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »

"Well THAT was iFUN!" Wake up a few hours before night time, and ask around for the group the name of the bandits that attacked them, and how notorious they are, (high notoriety being preffered) then go back to the place where S&J fought them, and look for tracks. Follow the tracks, to find out their hideout. If that works, then prepare an ambush just outside the hideout, if not prepare an ambush at the same place as before.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »

Tyr will continue walk to New Larramsir, and upon reaching it, he will first deliver the package. After payment, he will buy a small meal to satisfy his hunger.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:08 pm »

Offer to help with the beasts in any way I can. If Kallun thinks I do a good enough job, assert that as a reward he could teach me what he can about alchemy. Wouldn't want to take money from a Pagan brother, after all.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 11:18:47 pm »

Go get some armor then see about the traveling guard position. I feel like I might need to leave town for a while.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2016, 02:17:12 am »

Sorry, been a bit busy, I'll try to catch up.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »

Sorry that it takes so long. I planned an update today, but I had to attend to family matters. Expect an update tomorrow.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

1st Fourth Quarter 998

Conspirator

Guy Cahill

[2] Your call to villagers haven't encouraged them at all. It didn't had any effect on their morale too, people see that your plans are going to make Greenhaven better, but they think that it's not the right time yet.

[3] You send another envoy. While not as interesting as previous one, it might be beneficial.

[5] You also receive a response to previous envoy.

Adventure

Sapphire and Jack

Well THAT was iFUN! - Sapphire said stretching up in her bed. Jack furiously left his bed, sole thought about these bandits as well as about paying for doors he smashed made him mad. Siblings quickly prepared themselves and left guildhall.

[1] First they wanted to find out something more about the group they're currently hunting. They followed Wickbreach's alleys heading towards great market. On the way they asked people about them, but nobody wanted to tell them anything. They reached great market. It wasn't dark yet and the market was crowded. Suddenly they were ambushed by that group of bandits!

[S&J: 3, Thugs: 2] Let's get them! Jack charged furiously, with Sapphire watching his back. People around started to panic, distracting bandits. Someone called for guards. Crowd gathered around them, watching. Thugs had troubles with fighting in tight, crowded areas. This wasn't as big problem for siblings. Jack slashed one of thugs at chest, tearing his shirt and inflictig minor wounds. You should cut J in his shirt with another slash! - Sapphire said jokingly, then she pushed back bandits that tried to attack Jack from behind.

[S&J: 3, Thugs: 2] Thugs tried to counterattack, but Sapphire and Jack jumped over nearby stand and got some more free space. Too slow, haha!

[S&J: 2, Thugs: 6, Guards: 4] Thugs pushed the merchant's stand at siblings, but they jumped back. Owner of this stand ran out from the crowd, angry. He held a broom in his hands. My stand! I'll show you what a real fight is! - the man charged at group of thugs just as city guards arrived.

[S&J: 1, Thugs: 5, Guards: 1, Trader: 6] Bandits quickly split up into groups of two and attacked. Two groups attacked Sapphire and Jack. Siblings were overwhelmed and received a rough beating. Guards also got a few hard hits with maces. The trader with broom got knocked out as soon as he got closer to bandits. This angered other merchants in the crowd watching the battle, and they all rushed to help their friend!

[S&J: 5, Thugs: 6, Guards: 1 Trader: 6, Angry crowd: 4] Time to strike back! Sapphire and Jack quite quickly recovered and charged at thugs with double strenght! Sapphire slit throats of two thugs that attacked her, while Jack mopped the ground with two more thugs. Bandits thrown a flask with firewater at guards and they turned ablaze! Some of the concoction reached trader, setting his shirt on fire! Angry crowd of merchants rushed into battle, lynching bandits.

[Guards: 2, Traders: 4] Officers desperately tried to drop their armors, but they were unable to do it. Luckily an alchemist had his stand nearby and he poured a brew neutralizing firewater at guards and at the merchant.

[4] Siblings searched bodies of thugs. One of them held a map with notes on how to get to their base, rest wasn't carrying anything of much use.. Curiously each of bandits had a copper bracelet on their hands. Sapphire approached guards and asked: Can you tell me something more about these thugs? Why each of them had a copper bracelet? It's their special sign. These were Copper King's men, he's a self proclaimed ruler of Wickbreach's contraband. There's a bounty of twenty thousand Florins on his head! - they quickly explained. We found this map in one of their bodies, I think it shows a way to their hideout. Will you aid us in bringing them justice? - Sapphire asked, after a while of consideration the guard said: I'll have to talk with Captain of the Guard first, but I'm sure that a squad of royal guards would be sent to help you.

Siblings bid goodbye to guards and headed to guildghall, so they could rest after the battle.

Tyr Loknar

[1] Tyr continued on his journey to New Larramsir. After a few hours of constant march, a pack of boars ran from the forest frightened by something in the woods.

[1] Tyr had no chance to escape or dodge it. Boars heavily trampled him, breaking bones and bruising his body heavilly. He tried to crawl away from the road where he's an easy prey for outlaws. He had no strenght to reach nearby bushes however.

[3] After a while of futile efforts, he heard someone approaching from where the boars arrived. He slowly turned on the other side and saw a huntsman coming. Oh shit! You must've met with boars I was hunting! Quite an unusual thing meeting such a big group in these woods... What's your name? - a tall, ugly man in quilted armor asked. Lor Taynkr, I was heading to New Larramsir. Could you help me? - Tyr said slowly, each word coming out with a strong pain in chest. Sure, just give me your hand. The hunter helped Tyr get up. It's unlikely for you to reach that settlement in this shape. I'll take you to White Fell, it's just on the other side of these woods. You'll rest for a while and then a carriage will take you to New Larramsir. - he added after a while. Tyr only said: Guess I have no choice now. and they headed towards the village.

[3] Loknar was in a really bad shape and they had to make a few breaks on the way, but they reached it eventually. From conversation that went on during journey, Tyr found out that the hunter is named Nayrik and he was living in White Fell for whole his life. He recently fell in love with local herbalist Lyira, and spoke about her all the way to village. They finally reached it and Nayrik carried Tyr into his house and left him to rest a while there.

Euzaroch

After waking up and getting some breakfast, Kallun and Euzaroch were about to go to the village. Would you mind if I help you with those beasts? - Euzaroch asked. Sorcerer thought for a while, then said: A help from pagan brother is always welcome. Then they moved on.

[5] Let's watch for some beasts on the way to village. - Kallun said. With Euzaroch they searched through forests, trying to spot any wild animals. After a short while they heard a loud turmoil and saw a pack of boars rushing into nearby meadow then stopping. Something frightened them. - Euzaroch quickly noted, then drawn his shortsword. Perhaps wolves attacked them, or Nayrik screwed up. - they didn't knew it was the latter yet. Should we attack? - Euzaroch was about to move towards them, but srocerer stopped him and said: No. There's too many of them, and frightened they're much more dangerous. We should get someone to help first. They left boars alone and moved towards the village.

[5] Just when reaching the White Fell, Kallun and Euzaroch saw local hunter carrying someone to his cottage. After he left the building, they approached him and Nayrik said: I frightened a pack of boars and they trampled some hapless wanderer. He's barely alive, but insists on continuing his journey to New Larramsir. I need to find a carriage... he quickly explained. Guess what, we found those boars you were talking about. We should kill them or at least drive them out of here. - Euzaroch said. Just the three of us won't be enough. Gather villagers... it's time to hunt!

People quickly gathered in sorcerer's hut, armed with any tools they had nearby. They entered the woods, following Euzaroch, Nayrik and Kallun. Moving silently, they found the boars scattered around meadow and in between younger trees. Everyone charged into battle.

[Euzaroch: 1, Kallun: 1, Nayrik: 2, Villagers: 4, Boars: 5] Sorcerer and Euzaroch charged at one huge boar together. Surprised beast attacked desperately, breaking Kallun's leg with a heavy kick and biting Euzaroch's hand. Nayrik tried to help them, but he couldn't quite aim with his bow at the furious beast. Villagers while not quite successful, haven't received any wounds.

[Euzaroch: 5, Kallun: 4, Nayrik: 3, Villagers: 4, Boars: 6] Euzaroch quite angered by the bite pierced the boar at it's chest, puncturing a lung! Kallun smote it at head, crushing it's skull and killing it. Nayrik aided villagers who were doing quite good job against wild animals.

[Euzaroch: 3, Kallun: 4, Nayrik: 6, Villagers: 2, Boars: 6] Euzaroch helped sorcerer get up and together they charged at another beast. Nayrik released a few more arrows, but among boars he mistakenly hit one of villagers! The boars have ran away, the hunt was over.

People took wounded and dragged boar corpses back to village. Then Kallun and Euzaroch prepared a ritual and another feast was organized. Nayrik found a carriage that could take Lor Tayknr, the wounded wanderer to New Larramsir.

Julia DragonBlood

Julia woke up in the "Threeway Inn" and after some morning preparations, she left the tavern. First she decided to visit local armorer.

[4] She quickly found her way around the craftsmen alleys and reached an armorer. A young, muscular man was working by the forge while Julia looked at wide assortment of light, medium and heavy armors. Among lighter protection, she spotted a Light Greenhaven Aketon [3 piercing, 2 slashing, 3 blunt] for 120 Florins. Within medium armors, a Skraelan Reinforced Chainmall [4 piercing, 3 slashing, 2 blunt] worth 230 Florins. Heavy armors were most costly, but also offered best protection. A Steel Full Plate Mail [4 piercing, 4 slashing, 4 blunt] for 340 Florins. In the end Julia chosen a medium armor, which offered quite good protection and wasn't blocking movement as much as heavy armor.

[1] Then when Julia was about to head to the caravan that left a note about protection needed, three guards approached her. Stop right there, lady! By the order of Captain of the Guard, you're under arrest! Julia knew that she'd have troubles as soon as she found out that it was his son. Now she could either give in and be brought to dungeon, where she'd either be left to rot or sentenced to death. She could also try and fight her way out of town, preferrably with that caravan. I'm not a murderer! That thief attacked me! - she tried to explain herself, but guards didn't listen.

[Julia: 6, Guards: 6] Julia drawn her halberd and backed off a little. Guards drawn their shortswords and slowly approached her, when suddenly a squad of royal guards was passing by on a patrol. They immediately approached guards and Julia, then officer asked: What's going on here?

[Julia: 5, Guards: 1, Royal Guards: 1] Julia decided to use this opportunity. Thank Zyugewolg that you arrived noble officer! These criminals disguised as city guards attacked me! They insisted on touching me under excuse of searching for illegal objects I could carry! Her persuasive abilities allowed her to turn guards against each other. What?! Get these perverts boys! Before city guards could say a thing, royal guards rushed into battle. Julia used that opportunity to run away.

[1] She almost got to the caracan that looked for a guard, but then she was spotted by patrolling city guards. They immdeiately drawn their swords and charged.

[Julia: 5, Guards: 4] With her halberd, Julia managed to parry incoming slashes.

[Julia: 2, Guards: 2] She parried another attack.

[Julia: 5, Guards: 1] Then with a pole of her halberd she hit one of the guards at knee and he fell on his companion! Before they could get up, Julia managed to escape.

[6] She quickly reached the caravan watining near city gates and jumped up onto one of carriages. Wha... - before the driver could finish she shouted: I'm your new caravan guard! There's no time to waste, drive! The carriage took off. The man said: You arrived just in time. We've just finished loading carriages and were about to leave! Julia replied with a smile on her face: Looks like I was lucky today. The caravan drove away from Greenhaven, leaving guards chasing Julia far behind.

GM Notes

I'm considering adding more adventure player slots. This might lenghten time needed to write updates. What do you think?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »

((If you think you can handle more players, go ahead. Don't overextend yourself))

Tyr will spend the next few days being nursed back to health. When he is well enough to move around, he will do odd jobs to pay for his treatment, food, and housing.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »

"Twenty thousand Florins..." Sapphire would say before she goes to sleep, with a strange look in her eyes. "What will you do with your ten thousand Jack? Me? I'm..." She smiles "Thinking." She then pretends to fall asleep, so that Jack goes to sleep. Then, a few hours before they are due to attack the bandit hideout, she gets up, and grabs the backpack containing all her stuff, and opens it. She looks around inside, before finding what she was looking for. A note. A note, with the names of the people who attacked and killed most of her family, and all the infomation about them. She stuffs it inside her pocket, and then goes to sleep. When it's an hour past midnight (1am), they go and talk with the gaurds and ask about the help they get, and if they get any equipment better than what S&J currently have. Then, attack the bandit hideout. During combat, Sapphire is unusually quite during the fight, and when they find the Copper King, she is the first one to attack him.

“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »

Wear the armor and take my job of guarding the caravan seriously. Try to get a map from the traders so I can keep moving after we reach the next town
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:24 pm »

((I'm with S34N1C, if you think you can handle it then sure. Up to you.))

Request to be taught what Kallun knows about alchemy, or at least a portion of it. After all, I did a fine job helping with those boars

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2016, 01:33:42 pm »

2nd Fourth Quarter 998

Conspirator

Guy Cahill

[6] You send another envoy, waiting in anticipation for your plans to move on.

Adventure

Sapphire and Jack

Twenty thousand Florins... - Sapphire says getting into bed, her eyes somewhat gleaming strangely at the thought of reward for Copper King's head. What will you do with your ten thousand Jack? Me? I'm... - she stops calmly and smiles - Thinking. then pretends that she fallen asleep, so her brother could tell her what are his real plans. Jack, lying in bed, yawns and turns on the side to face his sister. With a wide smile he says: A Florin spent on vengeance is a Florin spent well! - then he lazily turns on other side and falls asleep.

[2] A few hours before the attack was planned, Sapphire woke up and quietly left her bed so she wouldn't wake Jack up. She wanted to look into her backpack and find a note with names of those who attacked her family. It was closed in a chest, key lying on a neaby table. She got it and unlocked the chest, then tried to open it. The lid moved with a loud creak. Jack violently woke up and fell off his bed. Wha... Sapphire? Are you going somewhere? - he asked with weariness in his voice. No, I was just... checking something. - Sapphire replied, trying to keep note with names secret. If Jack knew about it, he'd run into troubles and be dead long ago. She closed the chest and went back to her bed.

[3] An hour past midnight siblings woke up and got their stuff from chests. They silently left guildhall, trying to not wake up anyone and locked doors behind them.Then they headed to nearest guard's barracks and met with Royal Guard officers. Group of eight heavy armored men.

[5] Sapphire and Jack asked for some better equipment and received a Fine Steel Shortsword [4 piercing, 4 slashing, 1 blunt], Royal Guard's Steel Claymore [5 piercing, 5 slashing, 2 blunt], Royal Guard's Light Scale Armor [4 piercing, 4 slashing, 3 blunt] and Royal Guard's Full Plate Mail [5 pirecing, 5 slashing, 5 blunt]. Jack took heavier equipment while Sapphire took lighter one. Then they moved on leading Royal Guard, following map found by bandit's corpse.

[1] Ambush! - one of guards alarmed. Copper King's men attacked their squad! Three bandits leaped at siblings while four men attacked guards from behind!

[S&J: 1, Royal Guard: 2, Thugs: 4] The squad was completely surprised and before they could even react, Copper King's men already attacked! Sapphire swung at approaching thug but he dodged her attack and with a strong punch at head knocked her on the ground! Two thugs quickly overwhelmed Jack, one smiting him at chest with iron maul and denting his armor, second striking at legs with a staff which made him lose balance and fall on the ground. Guards were as surprised as siblings. Bandits attacked them and backed off quickly, officers barely holding their ground.

[S&J: 5, Royal Guard: 1, Thugs: 2] This didn't stop Sapphire and Jack for too long. With furious strenght Jack got up from the ground despite wearing a havy plate mail, and drawn the claymore he received from Royal Guard. Charging with infernal rage and slashing wildly he quickly shred two criminals to pieces! Sapphire recovered from the punch quite quickly and before getting up, slashed the bandit at knee. The man fell forward on the knee. Then she swiftly got up and cut his head off with her shortsword! Guards tried to block attack, but collective effort of thugs made them tumble on the ground!

[S&J: 1, Royal Guard: 1, Thugs: 4] Royal Guard was lying on the ground immobilized by weight of their equipment. Siblings tried to help them, but sudden and ferocious charge of thugs sent them back on the ground!

[S&J: 5, Royal Guard: 4, Thugs: 6] Sapphire pulled Jack up and helped him get back on the ground before Copper King's men approached again. You're beaten! - he shouted, leaping forward at closest thug while Sapphire helped officers get up. The man received a surprise kick at stomach and started puking, a maul weilding man attacked Jack from his right but he counterattacked and slashed his head in half! Then guards and his sister joined him. Thugs couldn't stand a chance and fell dead extremely fast. The squad moved on towards Copper King's hideout.

[5] They reached a place seen on the map in no time. It was a big abandonedl warehouse in riverside docks area of Wickbreach, the place was deemed to be haunted. Reinforced entrance doors seemed just recently changed, they quickly were smashed with a steel warhammer and the whole squad charged inside. Within barrels and crates, there was a whole damn battalion of bandits waiting for them! Thirty two men against a group of ten! About half of them were probably complete mooks though.

[S&J: 4, Royal Guard: 3, Copper King's men: 5]  Officers and siblings moved into a battle form and waited as bandits were slowly approaching them. As soon as they got close, they instantly charged. Striking, slashing and stabbing they tore through twelve thugs like a knife through butter.

[S&J: 4, Royal Guard: 3, Copper King's men: 2] Then the squad scattered and ran in frenzy until all of thugs fell dead. There were no traces of Copper King though.

[3] It was time to search through the warehouse. Unsealing lids of crates they found copper slabs, under which a hidden stash with gold was hidden. Barrels were filled with rotting fishes, but there was a second lid inside. After opening it they found more gold. On the warehouse's wall there was a map of Wickbreach with warehouses like this one marked. The true hideout of Copper King was there too.

[2] Everyone felt too tired to run to the hideout. The battle in warehouse wasn't hard, but it certainly was tiring. There's also the thing that the place where Copper King hides in is placed on the other side of Wickbreach. The squad decided to rest while sending a messanger to all city guard's barracks and to Royal Guard to send more troops. After a few hours of resting, they'll move on to elliminate Copper King.

Tyr Loknar

[3] Tyr was lying in bed inside Nayrik's house. Slowly recovering. Lyira and some other village women were nursing him back to health, bringing food and applying balms to quicken getting back to health.

[1] He was still in a shape too bad for any travels and it might take longer than just a few days to restore back to full health.

Euzaroch

Day after the feast villagers were either tidying the village or resting. Euzaroch and Kallun were in the forest hideout. Their wounds after fighting boars were quite annoying, especailly that sorcerer couldn't move anywhere without help and had to stay in hideout most of the time. Doing a really great job when fighting beasts, Euzaroch thought that it was the right time to ask: Pagan brother, I couldn't take anything from you for helping the village with these beasts. What I'd like to receive is knowledge though. Will you teach me secrets of alchemy?

[4] After a while of consideration the sorcerer replied: Yes, I think that you are worthy bearing secrets of alchemical knowledge. At least as much as I know about it. Then their learning session started. Explaining alchemical symbols and language used by alchemists to name effects of different concoctions took them almost whole day, but to Kallun's surprise, Euzaroch memorised it all rather quickly.

Julia Dragonblood

[2] Julia was lucky that the caravan was still in city and that she could escape guards with traders. She took on the armor that she bought back in Greenhaven and asked the carriage driver if they have any maps of nearby area. The man denied, claiming that nearby area is desolated and she won't find any settlements until County of Cape Taenaron. It is simple to reach Cair Taenaron as they only have to follow the trade route without taking any turns. The man said that in fact they travel only from Grenhaven city to Cair Taenaron and back, and that's why they don't have any maps.

[5] The journey was uneventful, but it was quite fast. It seemed that they made it through half of Greenhaven in one day! By the evening they set up a campfire. Traders were talking about merchandise they are carrying while Julia patrolled around the campsite, with halberd at ready. Seeing that she really treated them seriously, they decided to give her a bonus of 50 Florins once they reach Cair Taenaron. The night falls down and Julia still patrolls, waiting for someone to change shift with her.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2016, 01:42:09 pm »

For the next few weeks (or whatever the recovery period is), Tyr just let's the villagers treat his injuries. Once he is well enough to be up and about, he will help out around the village as payment for their hospitality.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 02:24:00 pm »

As she waits for everyone else to finish taking a break, Sapphire thinks. The Copper King... it sounds oddly familiar, like she's heard it somewhere before, but it was a long time ago, around the year when her family house was attacked. Eh, probabaly nothing. "Ok, let's go now, The CK won't get killed by himself! Well, unless he commits suicide, which I highly doubt he will!" she sais, sounding a bit to happy, when the othes are ready. Go to the CK's secret hideout, and (try to) devise a plan of attack, then utilize the PoA (If it worked) and attack CK's hideout.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 03:03:41 am »

Continue my alchemy lessons, gracious for my pagan brother's tutelage
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18