Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19201 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy RTD [Con: 3/3] [Adv: 4/4] Session 1
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 06:13:27 am »

Keep on guarding and traveling
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2016, 11:59:22 am »

3rd Fourth Quarter 998

Adventure

Sapphire and Jack

Sapphire sat on one of barrels and thought about Copper King. That nickname felt strangely familiar, she probably heard it when her family got attacked. Yet she can't quite recall if it has something to do with people that attacked them. While she was thinking, Jack spoke with royal guards about combat and fighting techniques. After two hours of resting, the messanger came back.

[1] He busted through the doors and barely stopped, then after catching his breath the man shouted: Copper King's men set great market on fire and proceeded to attack houses of merchants! There's a huge riot all over west Wickbreach and king called royal guard to calm it all down! Officers that were resting with siblings got up. We must aid other squads in stopping the riot! - squad's leader said, then pointing at Sapphire and Jack he said: You two! Head over to Copper King's hideout and try to sneak around. Find it's weakly guarded areas. If you'll have a chance, try to assassinate the bastard himself. We'll help you after dealing with riots. Then they left the warehouse, leaving siblings alone.

[6] Damn, what are we going to do now? - Jack asked his sister. We'll do as the royal guard said. Let's go! With that they left the warehouse, leaving corpses of fallen thugs behind. Siblings crossed the river by nearest bridge and headed north-west. According to the map, the best way to approach the hideout was through great market. but that was the heart of riot! Sapphire and Jack tried to avoid people fighting along main streets, walking through side alleys. Suddenly Jack realized that someone followed them all the way from alley adjacent to the market! A tall, cloaked figure drawn two short swords and charged. It was Copper King's enforcer!

[S&J: 3, Enforcer: 3] Jack quickly drawn his claymore and parried a double strike. Sapphire swiftly slashed at enforcer's stomach, but he jumped back!

[S&J: 1, Enforcer: 3] Sapphire charged but the man dodged and striked her at the back of her head with hilt of his shortsword, knocking her unconscious! Jack attempted to behead him with a wild slash, but enforcer quickly grabbed Sapphire and pushed her right at the blade of his claymore! Hit at the back, she was thrown at wall of nearby building. Numerous scales around point the claymore hit broke!

[S&J: 5, Enforcer: 1] You've got this coming! - Jack entered a berserk rage! He turned into a hurricane of powerful slashes, firm strikes and deadly stabs! The enforcer was able to dodge few of his first attacks, but as Jack was speeding up dancing with his claymore, he exhausted himself and fell under the blade. Jack literally cut him into pieces! Then he stopped, breathing heavily.

[6] We must find a safer place. Hold on Sapphire! - Jack yelled and looked around. Nearest tavern was far away, and then he couldn't guarantee that riot won't get them there. The alley they were in held only a few gambrel roofed workshops. He ran to doors of closest one and kicked them open, then came back to Sapphire and dragged her over his shoulder. He took her inside the building, confused craftsmen staring at him. What's this about!? - one of them asked, arming himself with a hammer. Taking advantage of guise given him by royal guard's armor, he shouted back: Royal Guard! I claim your workshop as a tactic resting and regroup spot!

[1] Craftsmen looked at each other then one of them asked: Why should we believe you? You could've got this armor off a body of dead guard in a riot! Get lost! Sapphire started mumbling something through unconscious nightmare. En... enforcer... They all grabbed their tools and charged at Jack! They took Sapphire from his shoulder and pushed him out of the building. He hit the wall on the other side of alley with his back. Craftsmen closed doors. Jack furiously tried to open them, but they have barricaded themselves inside!

[2] Beeing unable to enter the workshop and seeing that there were no safe places to rest nearby, Jack just sat by doors of the builing, waiting.

Tyr Loknar

[5] Tyr awoke in bed inside Nayrik's cottage. Treatment given by villagers really started to help and he felt much better that day. His wound's didn't pained that bad and despite being completely broken, Tyr even left his bed and moved around the house for a while! It was a cottage of a modest huntsman. A few bows of different types were hanging on a wall. There were some fletching tools lying on a table. Wha.... How did you left your bed!? Lyira clearly said that both of your legs are broken! - Tyr turned to face Nayrik entering his house. I... can't quite explain. I just felt beter this day... The hunter stared at him with disbelief, then urgently said: Wait here! I'll call Lyira... and ran out of the hut. Tyr took a seat on a chair and waited.

[5] After a while Nayrik was back, dragging local healer by hand. They stopped at the doorframe. Tyr got up from chair and approached them. I told you! He's healed! I'm sure that Zyugewolg put his hoof in this! The woman started inspecting Tyr, saying: Let me see him first! As she inspected and moved Tyr's limbs and torso, Lyira came to conclusion that all of his wounds have healed! Bones have casted together and bruisings have soaked up. Tyr was completely fine now! Healer bid goodbye and left the cottage.

[4] Now that I'm well I can repay you for help. - Tyr said, but Nayrik disagreed: No, it was my fault and you don't owe us anything. Loknar smiled at the thought of continuing his journey to New Larramsr. That's very kind of you. Now if you could give me some provisions then I'll take my stuff and be on my way. - he said. Sure! I'll provide you with food and water enough for next six days! I'll also give you my carriage, you should reach New Larramsir quicker with it.

[3] Tyr got back into the cottage and took his stuff, Nayrik helped him get it all into the carriage and they drove back to Wolf's Road. Nayrik showed him which way to his destination then went back to White Fell. Tyr drove away.

Euzaroch

[1] Another day came. Kallun and Euzaroch spent almost all of it in the hidden laboratory, sorcerer was teaching his pagan brother alchemy. While Euzaroch learnt symbols and language quickly, he had a huge trouble preparing his first alchemical formulae - the firewater. Kallun shown him which herbs are used to produce it in "the old way". Euzaroch found and prepared them without any problems, but he failed at brewing!

[1] The golden liquid received after distillation started bulging and hissing violently! Before sorcerer could throw it away, it exploded right in front of Euzaroch's face! It pushed him back and set him ablaze!

[1] The explosion was powerful and it wounded Euzaroch badly. He instantly fell unconscious due to strong pain. Kallun was thrown away to the back of hideout and except for a few bruises he was alright. Sorcerer immediately took a few vials from nearby shelves and poured them all over Euzaroch.

[6] Flames have been extinguished, but Kallun still had to do something with his wounds. He dragged him over his shoulder and entered the forest. He approached the village as quickly as he could and met with Lyira who was leaving hunter's house. Help us pagan sister! She screamed in shock upon seeing wounded Euzaroch's burnt and torn by explosion face. They dragged him to healer's house and put him on a table. Lyira smeared him with some balms.

[1] I'm not sure if there's anything more that I can do. These wounds are really bad and now it's only up to him. If he's strong enough, he'll survive. - Lyira said with sadness in her voice.

Julia DragonBlood

[4] The caravan continued on towards County of Cape Taenaron. Passing by infertile fields, ugly forests and abandoned villages they reached the border by evening.

[2] A patrol of soldiers on horses from nearby garrison approached the caravan and stopped it. Halt! We are border guards of County of Cape Taenaron! Identify yourself! Merchants stopped carriages and left them. Caravan leader revealed soldiers their destination and told them names of merchants travelling with caravan. He also pointed at Julia and said that she's a caravan guard they hired.

[3] Seems fine to me. - border guard agreed to let caravan pass. Travelling after dusk is dangerous. You won't find too many safe places to rest from here on. I suggest that you should stay in Black Rock garrison for the night.

[4] The caravan leader considered for a while and then agreed to follow soldiers. They reached fortifications after half an hour or so. The Black Rock garrison was the biggest one in County of Cape Taenaron, capable of holding over three hundrer troops at times of war. During peace it offered a safe place to rest and stables. There were also blacksmith services available. Caravan left their carriages under watchful eye of guards and led their horses to stables. Julia headed towards garrison's inn and got a room for the night.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2016, 12:22:41 pm »

As Sapphire lies unconcious, she dreams about her house, and when it was attacked. She dreams of the moment when the house was first attacked, a memory she has always kept in the back of her mind, unwillingly remembering what happened... She's with Jack, watering his favourite plant, when suddenly, the door bursts open...((You can continue it with the power of the dice!  (You know, it sure would be good if she remembered something about CK, wouldn't it?))) Meanwhile, Jack starts to get annoyed, he needs to convince the stupid craftsmen, that they are being very stupid, and that they NEED to let him in! Ugh, he should just go in anyway... but Sapphire might be angry... but he would save her... but she would be angry... But it would be so easy... "UUUUUUUUGH, CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!" He would yell at the craftsmen through the door, before explaining everything, in detail. If that doesn't work, then CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »

((WOW...that's really shitty. Swear to God my rolls are fucked in every RTD I'm in.))

Survive?
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2016, 07:48:40 pm »

Tyr continues on the road to New Larramsir to deliver the package. If anything else is encountered along the way, he will deal with it accordingly.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2016, 09:16:42 pm »

Search around for new jobs and if there are any trainers in town
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2016, 08:01:34 am »

4th Fourth Quarter 998

Adventure

Sapphire and Jack

Jack awakened as several raindrops fallen on his face. He took a nap on the pavement just in front of that workshop. Yeah, rain really was just what I needed now... - he mumbled to himself, rolling his eyes. He approached barricade the craftsmen put up to prevent him from entering and bashed at it with his hand several times, shouting: UUUUUUUUGH, CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!

[5] I guess we can listen to his story. - Jack heard one of voices coming from inside, then another: Alright, you can try. Jack sighed, thinking: Finally... and then told how they got there. We really are working for the Royal Guard. Due to a mercenary contract we signed, we are obliged to help fight banditry across Wickbreach. Just as we were on the lead of Copper King's hideout the riots started. We tried to go around the great market through this alley, but an enforcer attacked us. He knocked my sister unconscious just before I defeated him. I tried to find a safe place for us and wait until she regains consciousness, that's why I busted through your doors. You know the rest. He waited a short while for a response, but there was silence. He asked: Could you please let me in?

[2] Again silence, this almost drove Jack mad. Then suddenly: No way! We'll wait until she awakens! Jack started banging on the barricade, but seeing that it's futile he just sat on the ground.

[5] Sapphire regained consciousness and woke up, back of her head aching terribly. She rubbed it and felt that she has a big bruise. Luckily she had enough strenght to get out of the bed and leave a small chamber. Entering the room with craftsmen she was quite surprised. Where am I? - she asked. Don't worry, you're safe here. There's a man talking about your brother and an enforcer, he's reall desperate to enter this building. - one of craftsmen, a muscular man in his mid-thirties responded.

[1] Enforcer! Quick, we must help my brother Jack to get inside! - Sapphire raised her shortsword and ran to the barricade. I dealt with the enforcer. We must go now! - hearing Jack's voice she calmed and sheathed her weapon. But just as she touched one of shelves put against the door, the craftsmen pushed her away! Are you out of your mind! This cold blooded murderer will kill us all if you let him in! She tried to explain, but they couldn't let her talk.

[6] Jack was furious at this point. His berserk rage acted again! He drawn the claymore and moved to other side of alley, then with his whole strenght he slammed through the barricade! He tore through all the barrels, shelves and chests of drawers as if they were made of paper!

[Jack: 4, Craftsmen: 1] Crafsmen instantly took their tools as weapons and tried to mob Jack, but starting with a whirlwind and proceeding with numerous heavy slashes he butchered them! Then he just stood there breathing heavily and dripping with blood.

[2] This have quite shocked Sapphire, but still they had something to do. Umm... Jack?

[5] Hearing sister's voice he instantly recovered from berserk. We could've dealt with it peacefully, somehow. - she shaid, crossing her arms. I know, but just... I can't clearly tell what happened... Let's go now!

[3] Siblings left the workshop massacre and followed the alley, then took a few turns further to noble district and found the hideout of Copper King, as shown on the map. It was a tall, abandoned mansion in old Isethian style, surrounded by a wall connecting to city walls. It looked rather ugly compared to surrounding mansions in new Isethian style.

[4] Sapphire and Jack split up and tried to find defense weaknesses and good entry routes They were to meet by the alley the came here later. There were some beggars sitting by mansion's main gate, but their disguise didn't fooled Sapphire, as she could spot high quality steel shortswords hanging by their belts. She could also spot several man behind it's windows and someone on the balcony. There were also few men patrolling the frontyard. The front was well guarded, but number of guards was smaller than she expected. At the same time Jack tried to find a route through the wall and found a few loose bricks. After getting sure that no one is watching him, he pushed these bricks and saw a sewer hatch on the other side in the mansion's backyard.

Siblings met back at the alley entrance and shared their observations. Sapphire started: The front is well guarded - archers and ground patrolls, but if we'll have help of Royal Guard we might push through their defenses. Then Jack said: There's a back entrance through the sewers, problem is we don't know the route leading from nearest entrance to the mansion and if it isn't trapped.

Tyr Loknar

[6] Tyr continued on his journey to New Larramsir driving his carriage along he Wolf's road. It was much faster than getting there on foot, and chance of escaping any threats met on the way was higher. Suddenly he saw someone in heavy plate armor far on the roadside, waving his hands and shouting: Stop the carriage! City guard of New Larramsir needs your help citizen! Tyr moved the reins and horses stopped, the guard jumped on top of the carraige and sat by Tyr. He had a tower shield strapped to his back and a longsword hanging at his belt. After this wagon! - the guard pointed at a wagon driving away, barely visible in the distance.

[5] Tyr moved the reins wildly and horses started running. He hit them a few times with a lash and they started running faster! The wagon was getting closer and closer. Dragged by just one horse it was slower than two-horsed carriage Tyr got from White Fell's hunter. A couple of minutes later the distance between them was small enough for a man to jump from one vechicle to another. Guard drawn his equipment.

[6] Faster! They're getting closer! - one of outlaws shouted. Grab the bow and shot the driver or their horses! - coachman of the wagon thrown a shortbow to his companion. The man aimed at Tyr and shot!

[5] The arrow flying right at Loknar's chest was blocked by guard's shield! The carriage and wagon were just side by sdie to each other. The guard got up and jumped at the wagon, landing perfectly on it!

[Guard: 6, Bowman: 6] Then the guard charged at the bow wielding outlaw and they fell of the wagon, tumbling on the ground behind Tyr and another outlaw.

[6] Second bandit slammed side of his wagon at Tyr's carriage! Several planks broke in the wagon and cracks startled the horse!

[3] Tyr's wagon was alright and his horses weren't as scared as wagon's coachman's were!

[5] Then Tyr slammed the carriage back at the wagon and it fell on it's side! Oh shit! The outlaw fell out and a few crates from the wagon fell on him, pinning him to the ground! Tyr stopped the carriage and went off of it and freed the wagon's horse.

[2] Still scared, the animal tried to kick Tyr but he just barely dodged! Then the horse ran away to the forest!

[4] Tyr watched as the coachman criminal tried to lift crates that fallen on him. The man haven't had enough strenght to lif it up and free himself. After a while the guard came back, dragging unconscious bowman behind. Excellent job citizen! With your aid we restored a big load of silver stolen from attacked caravan! This have quite surprised Tyr. Only one guard chasing the stolen load? But just before the guard could reply, more of them drove from the way that Tyr and wagon appeared on their horses. The caravan was attacked weeks before. We were able to trace these outlaws and attacked it with one squad, others setting up an ambush in these forests. And well... we screwed up in both places. We cut through most of their group, but these two managed to escape from the hideout and the ambush wasn't prepared on time! Thank's to you we got them! Tyr laughed and said: Good to know that we can alway count on city guards!

[5] Yeah... That looked really bad for us. You deserve a reward. - one of guards went off his horse and opened crate that was lying on the outlaw, showing silver ingots. You can take a few slabs. I'm sure that Mercantile Triangle won't mind it. Tyr took six slabs and thanked the guards. So where are you heading if we may ask? And what's your name? One of guards inquired. Lor Taynkr. I'm going to visit a relative of mine in New Larramsir.

[2] Well, good luck then. We can't offer you an escort as someone has to guard that silver until another wagon comes to take it. Farewell! Tyr bid goodbye and drove further to New Larramsir. By the evening he reached city gates. A curious city it was, looking more like a Larramsirian colony than capital of one of Iseth's province. All the buildings in different flavors of Larramsirian style.

[4] Tyr asked one of guards about a way to tavern and they pointed him to "A Cut Florin", just by the city gates. Tyr paid 50 Florins for leaving his horses in stables and got a quarterly receipt, so his carriage can stay there for whole quarter. Then in the tavern he got a good meal and a room for 15 Florins, a good price in a city like this one.

Euzaroch

[2] Lying in the bed in Lyira's house, Euzaroch was figthing for his life after alchemy went wrong. His state was stable, but it could go worse any moment.

[3] Good thing that Lyira reminded herself how to treat his wounds!

[3] Due to received treatment Euzaroch started slowly recvovering. Kallun was sitting by him and watching as he shakes. Euzaroch dreamt about something.

[6] He found himself in a forest during a nightly thunderstorm. There was a puddle of water nearby, he looked at his reflection and saw a horrible face with whole skin torn and muscles slightly burnt. He was all dripping in blood. Euzaroch felt that he has something in his pocket, it was a vial of firewater. He wandered the forest aimlessly, lightnings breaking darkness for short moments, revealing him a way.

[1] Euzaroch hear strange noises all around. An inhuman laughter mixed with noises of a moose, a knock of hooves. Then blue eyes started popping up in the darkness all around! Euzaroch tripped on a stone and fallen on something. A thunder lit up the forest, showing nothing in place where the eyes were and on what Euzaroch landed - it was a figure of Zyugewolg made out of sticks and vines!

[4] He jumped back from it. The eyes appeared back as soon as the darkness hit again! Euzaroch grabbed the vial and thrown it at the stick-vine figure in front of him. The fires started instantly, lighting surrounding area and fending off the eyes. Suddenly a horrifying screech - the wood from sticks turned into charred bones by the fire and an immense glow filled the whole forest!

[1] Why doust thou call me mortal!? - the figure turned into Zyugewolg himself, a humanoid-moose skeletal abomination! The pagan dark god!

[4] Euzaroch gathered all his courage and said: I'm just a mere servant calling his master in times of darkness.

[1] The Zyugewolg started laughing with his terrifying, inhuman laughter. Thou art nothing but a cannonfodder! Rot alive, away from mine gaze! Euzaroch's body started disassembling and painfully rotting bit by a bit.

[4] Suddenly Euzaroch awakens in Lyira's cottage and before anyone says anything, he runs out to the forest lake, followed by sorcerer and healer. and takes a look at his reflection. Just as in the nightmare, his face torn of flesh and clothing dripping with blood. He ran to Kallun's laboratory and sees it completely destroyed. It's a miracle you sruvived brother! You must rest... a lot. Let's go back to Lyira's cottage. Euzaroch followed them back to village and sat on a bed in Lyira's house, but he couldn't fall asleep.

Julia DragonBlood

Julia awoke in Black Rock's tavern and after preparations and breakfast she went out to join with rest of the caravan. They quickly departed after thanking border guards for escorting them to the garrison.

[1] Just two hours after leaving the garrison, the caravan was attacked by a group of well armed bandits, about eight of them!

[Julia: 4, Caravan: 4, Thugs: 5] Carriages stopped and Julia jumped down off one drawing her halberd. Other members of the caravan joined her with their daggers and short swords. Thugs in scale armors and with longswords approached the caravan and charged! Merchants mobbed bandits avoiding their attacks, though they didn't managed to deal too much damage. Julia acted defensively parrying all attacks and waiting for a good moment to strike.

[Julia: 6, Caravan: 2, Thugs: 5] Julia parried two more attacks and quickly drawn her iron hatchet, then thrown it at bandit leader but he jumped away and it hit a tree! Mob strategy wasn't working too good and several merchants were wounded.

[Julia: 2, Caravan: 1, Thugs: 2] Julia and thugs were fighting on par while all the merchants escaped to the carriages! They were ready to surrender!

[Julia: 6, Caravan: 1, Thugs: 1] Julia entered a martial trance and with numerous slashes and stabs she mowed down through almost all of the bandits while three surviving outlaws were robbing the caravan!

[Julia: 3, Caravan: 4, Thugs: 2] Seeing that merchants are in trouble Julia charged at bandits! This gave caravan members more courage and they grabbed their daggers and shortswords again, lethally wounding thugs!

[1] The caravan was too shocked to move further and you all backtracked to Black Rock garrison for rest of the day!

[6] While on the spot, Julia asked about any jobs that she could do in the garrison for the day, but there was nothing more besides sweeping floor in the tavern and that wasn't a job for her.

[4] She spent rest of the day in tavern with caravan members.

GM Notes

I'm considering removing conspirator mode and moving it's players to adventure (focusing mostly on this mode, and renaming the RTD). Conspiracy players weren't really active anyway except for Cahillguy. What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:03:47 am by Dark One »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2016, 08:41:27 am »

Tyr inquires as to where he might find a place to sleep for the night, as well as where he might find the person he's delivering this package to. If, when he has found the information, the day is over, he will sleep for the night. The next day/or if there is still time in the day, he will seek out his client.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 10:11:25 am »

((Well, if the conspiracy members aren't active, then change the RTD I guess? Although, you would probabaly have to add more adventure slots if you did. And have something of the old name still in, otherwise people might get confused and not realise what RTD this is. That's my personal opinion though, and you decide what goes.))

As they plan what to do, Sapphire also feels a bit worried about Jack. He's never actually, fully lost control like that before... Looks like she might have to continue her staying calm lessons after all! They plan what to do carefully, probabaly involving using Jack as the main distraction while Sapphire assisnates a few people. Maybe even some scare tactics involved. After all, Sapphire did enjoy scaring bad people...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2016, 12:07:50 pm »

I must have done something to offend Zyugewolg.. Inform Kallun of this and look for ways to repent.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »

5th Fourth Quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

Let's think about a plan Jack! - Sapphire said lively. Her brother replied: I think that we should wait for Royal Guards to come. We'll have much bigger chance to get Copper King with them. Looking back at the old mansion, then at the alleys leading to great market she said: Let's go and find out where they are.

[1] Then suddenly siblings heard footsteps coming from the alleys, they heard someone talking on the way. Quickly hiding out of their vision in a small alcove siblings listened to their conversation. ... And what about the Royal Guards? - a tall, stocky hooded man asked his skinny and shorter companion. They're still busy trying to calm things down in the great market. The situation won't change until King acts himself or sends a regular militia to aid them... Sapphire and Jack couldn't hear more as the thugs have went away.

Great, guess we'll have to rampage through the manor on our own. What's the plan? - clearly vexed with royal guards screwing evrything up Jack asked his sister. Let me think... - she thought for a while, then told Jack about possibilities: Attacking through main gate would be extremely risky, but with enough luck we might get through. We could use back entrance through sewers and sneak inside the mansion. It's less risky and gives us an element of surprise. Jack hesitated for a while.

[6] Let's get there through sewers. Once we're in, we'll sneak inside the mansion. Then I'll rampage through it, distracting guards. At the same time you'll sneak to Copper King's hideout and kill him. Shall we go? After some consideration Sapphire agreed and they got to a nearest sewer hatch, then climbed down the ladder.

[2] It was completely dark and the stench of feces was almost choking. Jack wanted to light up a torch, but Sapphire warned him that sewers tend to be filled with flammable gases. Roaming around blindly in sewage and passing by squealing rats they tried to find their way around this underground maze. Luckily they still could tell where the exit hatch is. Eventually they reached an embranchment and had to decide which way to go.

[5] It was a hard decision, but Sapphire's intuition proved itself to be a great asset. She led Jack right to a hatch, and climbing up a ladder they entered backyard of the old mansion!

[4] Siblings instantly looked around to check if nobody saw them, then through an open window they jumped into a small storage room inside the mansion. It's time to split up. I'll go first. - Jack said, then ran at full speed towards the doors.

[2] And hit a servant opening it! They both tumbled together along the hall, making a lot of noise!

[1] After a while Sapphire heard footsteps coming from all around. Guards were alarmed and wanted to check what's going on.

[2] Using this opportunity she tried to sneak away from the little cellar, but all the ways were blocked by guards. Luckily nobody spotted her yet.

[6] Jack got up from the ground and caught the servant by hand, then ran outside the mansion dragging him behind. All the guards chased them, and when there was nobody on her way, Sapphire sneaked out of storage and entered the mansion proper.

[5] She thought about a place where Copper King could hide. First she checked obvious ones like toilet and bedroom, but she couldn't find him there. Then she tried other places, like dining or living room. While the house looked like a complete ruin from the outside, inside it was just as great if not better than any noble manor in Wickbreach. Years of amassing wealth and you can live in a palace. - she thought. Then as she fumbled through the manor's hallways, she wondered what Copper King's day must look like, and how her day could look like if she got that reward for his head. From stuff like managing a business or contraband, to entertainment. Then a sudden idea - Copper King could be for example gambling somewhere right now. Heck, he could even have his own casino. And where she haven't checked yet? Basement!

[3] Sapphire turned back and quickly crept down a staircase. Cautiously moving closer to the open doors of porch opening the basement, she suddenly heard: Hah! Lucky strike!. She leaned her head a little through the doorframe and saw three man sitting by a table, throwing Qrallan Dice. The man that just luckily striked was an old man with grayish hair, wearing the most exquisite clothing Sapphire ever seen - it was the Copper King, just a bit older than on the wanted poster. Another one was probably one of Wickbreach's lesser nobles. Curiously the third player really looked like Anrelles Mathius - advisor of the king Matigor I. There were was a pouch with gems lying on the table, and Copper King just grabbed it. You won't have so much luck next time. Same place at the same time, see you next Quarter. - Anrelles said angrily and left the table, moving towards the porch.

[3] Sapphire quickly hidden in a shadow and the man passed by without noticing her.

And about you... - Copper King said drawing a stiletto. The deal was - you win the game, your debt is paid off. You lose, you die. The noble got on his knees and started begging for his life.

[Sapphire: 4 + 1, Copper King: 5 - 1, Noble: 5] Just as Copper King was about to stab the noble, Sapphire charged out of the porch with a surprise attack! The old puppet master dodged her slash, but the noble seeing a chance to survive grabbed his legs and Copper King almost lost balance!

[Sapphire: 4, Copper King: 1, Noble: 4] The noble still continued dragging the Copper King by legs, which resulted in him completely losing balance and falling on the basement floor face-first. Sapphire proceeded with a fast and powerful slash, cutting his head off! Blood splattered around as the head rolled on the floor and stopped by Sapphire's shoe. She turned the man's body on it's back and got a shirt off of it, then used it as a sack to take Copper King's head. The noble was shocked and just stared at Copper King's headless corpse.

[4] Ummm.... Sir, are you alright? - she asked, shaking the man by his arm. Yeah... yeah.... everything's fine... - he replied, still shocked by what just happened. I think we should go now... - she helped the noble get up and they moved towards the stairs. Then wandering through still empty hallways they got to the warehouse through which siblings entered the manor. We should wait here for my brother, Jack. If things get bad, then we'll run.

Back when Sapphire was searching for Copper King in his manor, Jack ran to the entry garden dragging the man with himself. Then as guards surrounded him, he thrown him on the ground and drawn his claymore, ready for battle.

[Jack: 5, Guards: 6, Archers: 2] He waited for a first move of his adversaries. He knew it would be a tough battle, as he was alone against ten men on the ground and two archers on a balcony. Archers readied their bows and aimed at Jack. Thanks to his good observation skills, he spotted that and when a guard charged, he kneeled and pushed him into the flying arrows! They easily penetrated through his light leather armor!

[Jack: 6, Guards: 6, Archers: 4] Another quick shots from archers. Jack spotted them as well and dodged in time, falling at guards behind him! They tumbled down towards the entrance! Suddenly the gates opened and a squad of royal guards appeared!

[Jack: 3, Guards: 1, Archers: 6, Royal Guards: 6] Jack quickly recovered and got up, then with aid of royal guards proceeded with slashing through Copper King's guards. They mercilessly slain all the thugs. One of archers tried to escape, knowing what would come, but second one caught him and tried to force him to shoot at Jack. Shaking wildly they fell of the balcony and both died!

With the squad Jack rushed inside the manor to find Sapphire and Copper King. They found Sapphire waiting in a small warehouse with a noble she saved. Soon after they left the old mansion secured by royal guards. They were led by one of officers to the palace, King Matigor I wanted to reward them himself!

Tyr Loknar

Tyr woke up in room he rented in "A cut Florin". He left his bed and got all his things, then after breakfast and some preparations he decided to take that package and deliver it to so called Ivette Jeannis, an alchemist in New Larramsir's great market. He left the tavern and set off to the streets.

[6] On the way to great market Tyr saw a woman leaving her house. It was a short, attractive woman in early thirties, wearing an exquisite robe. She left the house and moved towards the great market without noticing Tyr. He approached her and caught her arm. She jumped away, scared. She was just about to get her dagger, but then Tyr asked: Good day madam, could you tell me where I may find Ivette Jeannis? She stopped her hand at the hilt of dagger and replied: I am Ivette Jeannis. What do you want? Tyr took the parcel out of his bag and showed it to her saying: I've got a package addressed to you, from an alchemist known as Llathandril.

[4] She smiled, Tyr noticed a gleam in her eyes when she was looking at he parcel. Excellent! These reagents will be of great use for me! But let's not talk about it on the streets. We should go to my house! Loknar hidden the package in his bag and followed Ivette to her house. The ground floor seemed like a house of a rich merchant. She told Tyr to go upstairs, where her laboratory was. He entered a room with many shelves, filled to the brim with different ingredients and reagents. There were mortars, calcinators and other alchemical apparatus on a few tables. Tyr left the package on a table, after a while Ivette entered the room with a small sack. Eight square cut sapphires. Thanks for delivery, should you ever go from New Laramsir to Anxrean border, visit me. I may have something for Llathandril. Tyr took the sack. Thanks. Out of curiosity, since these reagents are highly explosive in contact with air, how are you going to take them out of the parcel? Ivette was surprised by the question, and after a while of consideration she said: It's simple. I'll spray around a gas that would make nullify chance of explosion while still keeping

[1] Tyr bid goodbye and left house of the alchemist, holding sack with sapphires in his hand and smiling. Suddenly someone bumped at him and he fell on the ground! A cloaked figure took the sack and started running away! A Thief! Guards! Guards! - he shouted.

[Tyr: 3, Thief: 6] Tyr instantly got up from the cobblestone and started chasing the thief. He almost lost him, but he stumbled at a city guard running to aid Loknar, and they both tumbled forward!

[Tyr: 5, Thief: 1, Guard: 6] Tyr easily caught up with tumbling thief and the guard. He quickly drawn his dagger and when tumbling men have hit a city wall, he swiftly charged and slit burglar's throat! The guard was having problems with standing, his leg aching terribly. Tyr got his sack and checked it's contents - all sapphires were on place. Then he helped the guard get up.

[5] More guards approached and saw Tyr helping the wounded man. One of them was the same man that he spoke with during the carriage chase. Looks like you can't stay out of trouble. - he said. Troubles stick to me for some reason. Luckily I have my wits, skills and some luck to get out of them. - Tyr quickly replied. Say, aren't you looking for a job? City guards or mercenaries may need someone like you. Loknar thought for a while, then said: Not my cup of tea, but I'll consider it.

[1] After a while guards took their wounded comrade to barracks. It wasn't late but Tyr wanted to relax a bit and went back to "A cut Florin". On the way he heard people rumoring about huge load of silver that guards managed to secure with help of a carriage driver. He noticed someone following him - two huge thugs entered the tavern with him, but waited by the entrance while Tyr approached the tavern keeper. Hey, aren't you the carriage driver that helped city guards? - a bald, tall man asked with a raspy voice.

[6] The brutes that were following Tyr now moved towards him, one raising a chair and another breaking a bottle and going with a broken bottleneck. People inside - the tavern keeper, merchants and caravan guards just stared at them, and suddenly in a huge wave everyone left their places and rushed into battle. A tavern brawl!

[Tyr: 5, Brutes: 1, Tavern Keeper: 6, Larramsirian caravan: 3, Erdhen caravan: 4, Wickbreach caravan: 5] Seeing what's going on Tyr jumped to the other side of the counter and took a random key, then ran upstairs like hell and found the right room. He doors and got inside. Then he left the building through window, then stopped by the entrance and watched battle. The brutes got mobbed by all the caravans and after a rough beating they were thrown outside, then caravans started in-fighting, with caravan coming from Wickbreach kicking butts of other caravans. Fists swung, tankards and bottles flied. Tavern Keeper got knocked out with a flying bottle. After a good while there were only two caravans left in action - Erdhen and Wickbreach.

[2] Two guards appeared, drawn by noises of tavern brawl. Shit, another one in "A cut Florin"... - a guard said to his companion. So... who goes first? They started playing Rock Paper Scissors, but they couldn't settle it.

[1] You over there! - guard shouted to Tyr watching the brawl. Get inside and try to calm the situation, we'll be backing you up from here!

[2] Tyr hesitatingly entered the tavern and immdeiately had to dodge a punch! He jumped into the middle of the room.

[3] After a few more narrow escapes he shouted: Stop! Guards are coming, they'll put a mercantile fine on your wares if they see you fighting! - Tyr had to make up something so that brawlers would stop.

[5] And it worked just excellently! Caravans stopped fighting and helped tidy the place up. They even woke the tavern keeper up! Tyr left the building and got thanks from guards. He pointed at unconscious thugs that were following him, saying that they started the brawl. Guards took care of them.

After this all the tavern looked like a hurricane went through it. For helping stop the fight Tyr got a free room in the tavern for this quarter. He spent rest of the day helping tidy the place and resting. He started getting some small fame in the city for helping guards all the time.

Euzaroch

Euzaroch left the healer's house with Kallun, supplied with soothing balms. They got back into the forest, to a meadow close to sorcerer's laboratory and set up a campfire. They sat on logs cut off nearby trees by lumberjacks a few days ago. When I was unconscious, I had a disturbing dream... - Euzaroch started. - It was long after dusk, darkness all around. I was in a forest, surrounded by ominous eyes staring at me. There was a stick and vine figure of Zyugewolg. I found a vial of firewater and thrown it at the figure, which summoned the dark god. He called me a cannonfodder and made me rot to death.

[3] Kallun thought for a while, then said: Disturbing indeed. You think it's a sign that Zyugewolg is after you? With what was left of his face, Euzaroch made a sad expression and said: I'm not sure, but this might be why that accident happened. Any ideas how to prevent further such accidents or how to gain divine favor? Kallun looked grim. There is one way, but it's extremely dangerous. You must go through Trials of Zyugewolg. It takes three nights on your own in forest. At the first night you make a figure of Zyugewolg and protect it. At second night you must find a wolf and kill it with your bare hands and take his fang. And for the third night, you have hunt a moose and deal a killing strike with wolf's fang, take it's liver and then burn the figure and fry the liver on fire. After that eat it to pass Trials and gain Zyugewolg's favor.

After a while of consideration, Euzaroch replied: If it'd help, then I'll do it, starting tomorrow. Let's rest and prepare now. Together they went back to sorcerer's house, to prepare for next night.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »

They accept the reward, then have a nice long rest, thinking about what they could use her money for. If they're ambushed kill the guy who attacked them. Also hope that they get to keep the armour.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2016, 06:20:26 pm »

Begin redeeming myself as I was told

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2016, 09:44:47 pm »

((Holy shit that escalated quickly))

Continue staying in the tavern for the time being. Inquire what kind if jobs I might do for the guards if I took the offer, and what the rewards might be. Do general odd jobs around town, kick ass, take names and the like

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2016, 11:55:56 am »

6th Fourth Quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

As the dawn came Sapphire and Jack led by one of Royal Guard's officers approached Castle Wickbreach guided by light of their torches. Matigor I - the king himself called them for an audience to reward their efforts in fighting banditry in person. They reached the gate and it was promptly opened for them.

[1] Just at the outer courtyard they were stopped by soldiers! Halt! - they shouted, raising their halberds. After a while Anrelles Mathius, the king's advisor appeared. What brings you to the palace mercenaries? - he asked inquiringly. The messenger that led siblings replied: They were called for a private audience by King himself. Let us pass.

[4] Alright then, but make sure that they won't cause any troubles here. - he said to te messenger, then dismissed soldiers to their posts. Sapphire, Jack and the officer continued on inside the palace, where they met chamberlain. King wanted to see only mercenaries! - he said with a snobbish tone and took siblings to a side hallway, shutting doors tight behind them. When you enter the chamber, make sure that your etiquete is better than that of a dirty peasant!

[5] Siblings entered the private chamber of King Matigor I - a tall and muscular man in late thirties, wearing a noble coat and eqxuisite clothing. He waited for them with two huge sacks lying on a nearby table. Greetings my lord. I am Sapphire and this is my brother Jack. - the king eyed them for a moment then spoke. - So you are the two that hit the Copper King? You really deserve a reward! - he pointed at sacks lyings at the table. Twenty thousands of Florins for each of you. It's hard to admit that two unknown mercenaries did the job that numerous of my highly trained men were unable to do for many year. Take my thanks and these sacks, as a reward for your efforts. - King handed siblings Florins, then added: We could use your help with other tasks as well. Take a rest in palace's guest rooms, and we'll discuss the matter later. Then the king called chamberlain, who led Sapphire and Jack to their rooms. It was the first time that they had a chance to rest at king's palace.

[4] After leaving their stuff in rooms and closing them, siblings went to inner courtyard's garden and sat on a bench, watching water pouring out of fountain. What you're going to do with your reward, Jack? - Sapphire asked, after some consideration her brother replied: I'll buy more equipment needed to enact my revenge... - Jack said with some sadness in his voice. And you? - he then asked his sister, to what she said: I'm... not sure yet. Next part of the day they spent resting and relaxing in their royal suites and palace gardens.

Tyr Loknar

[4] Tyr woke up in his room, got his stuff from a chest and went down to the inn. He ordered a meal and said that he wanted to rent the room for some time, then asked how much he'd have to pay. The tavern keeper was so grateful for his help yesterday that he granted it to him for free. After he was done, Tyr left for to the stables to look how his horses are being kept. They were in good condition and rested well. Next he went to the city guard's barracks. Again he met that guard, who turned out to be New Larramsir's captain of the guard. Greetings. Any vacancies in the city watch? - Tyr asked.

[5] Good to see you again Lor. Yes, there are a few vacancies. We are in need of jailors, executioners and watchmen. - he replied. Can you tell me more about these jobs? What's the salary for each of them? - Tyr inquired, to check which option would bemost profitable. Sure. Jailors keep order and take care of prisoners, giving them scraps of food, interrogating them or moving from jail to jail. They're paid equally one hundred Florins a week. Risks in this job are low, and sow is salary lowest. Now executioners. You may already know what's their duty. They're not the most popular around in almost any town, but the salary is about three hundred Florins for an execution and two hundred for torturing. And the watchmen - a guard you can usually meet at city streets. They're paid four hundred Florins a week. Tyr thanked the guard and said that he'd consider these offers.

[2] Then Tyr asked around merchants and craftsmen for any jobs, and there wasn't anything satisfactory for him. Sweeping floors for five Florins or hauling crates for twenty weren't the thing that he looked for.

[2] Next he visited Ivette Jeannis at her alchemical stand by the great market. The package for Llathandril wasn't ready yet, and won't be until the next quarter comes.

[1] Roaming aimlessly around the market a thug attempted to mug Tyr!

[Tyr: 6, Thug: 2] Oh shit! It's that dude that helps guards all the time! - the thug shouted and started running away!

[Tyr: 3, Thug: 4] He was a bit quicker and moved more swiftly in crowded areas than Tyr, but he still got him on his back.

[Tyr: 5, Thug: 2] Then Tyr stopped for a while and grabbed a loose cobble from the market's cobblestone. He thrown it right at the bandit and it hit him in the head, knocking him unconscious!

[5] He checked his pockets and found a few jeweled rings! Three with sapphires, two with ruby and one with a diamond! Tyr quickly hidden them in his pockets then called guards. An armored officer arrived shortly and took the unconscious bandit to city dungeon.

[1] Tyr was about to head for the tavern, but then a huge muscular brute arrived and asked: Hey, you're the one that helped guards with silver? Best regards from Roderick! and lunged at Tyr!

[Tyr: 2, Thug: 4] He slammed at Tyr and pushed him, knocking him down at the cobllestone!

[Tyr: 2, Thug: 4] Ungh! - the brute kicked Tyr at stomach and he yelled in pain!

[Tyr: 1, Thug: 2, Guards: 4] When brute was just about to start beating Tyr with his fists, two nearby guards arrived! He tried to fend them off, but received a shield bash at chest and a light strike at head with mace.

[Tyr: 2, Thug: 4, Guards: 3] Tyr slowly recovered after the kick and took his dagger. At the same the bandit made a strong punch, but guards blocked it. It had enough force to slightly dent the shield!

[Tyr: 4, Thug: 6, Guards: 3] Tyr finally got up from the ground and charged at the thug, stabbing wildly with his dagger! The man wasn't moved by stabs at all, his pain resistance was incredible! Guards managed to land another shield bash.

[Tyr: 1, Thug: 2, Guards: 5] Brute swung his hand and pushed Tyr back at the cobble, his own dagger stabbing through his hand! Guards managed to knock the man out with another mace to the head.

[3] Tyr got up again and took the dagger out of his hand. Guards helped him to patch up the wound. Next he searched through the body and found a scrap of paper with - Lor Tayknr, small man, easily missed. Messed with my silver business, bring his head to me. Roderick Mallair. - written on it.

[3] Next Tyr went back to the tavern to rest.

Euzaroch

[2] There was not much Euzaroch could take with himself for trials of Zyugewolg. He left all his possessions in Kallun's house and took only an old and torn robe the sorcerer had. The night came and it was time to begin trials of Zyugewolg!

[4] Euzaroch quickly started building up a figure of the dark god from sticks and vines growing all around. Starting with legs, then torso and head and proceeding with joining them up using vines, he made a really good looking figure! He placed it on a small meadow lit by moonlight.

[2] Next step was to defend the figure from any threats. What could possibly go wrong? Baying of wolves of noises of boars could be heard relatively close!

[4] Luckily none of them approached Euzaroch and figure he had to protect. He was up for the whole night, standing right besides the figure and warming himself up by a campfire.

[2] Suddenly a boar ran from deeper parts of forest and stopped right in front of the Zyugewolg's figure!

[3] It stared at it with curiosity in it's eyes, the oinked two times and ran back to the forst.

[4] The night finally came over and Euzaroch could finally rest, Kallun approached to defend the figure as it was a duty of sorcerer that prepared person starting trials.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18