Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Heroes of Tenath [8/8]  (Read 19242 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy RTD [Con: 3/3] [Adv: 4/4] Session 1
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2016, 02:15:03 pm »

"I... think it's time we continue your counselling sessions!" "Oh no, not this again..."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2016, 03:52:31 pm »

See if I can find a priest/wizard/alchemist that can heal my hand. See if there are any other jobs that I can do for the town guard. If there are none, lets try the jailor gig.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2016, 05:26:48 pm »

Prepare to commence ritualistic wolf-strangling, and do so.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath (Previously: Conspiracy RTD) [4/8]
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2016, 03:31:18 pm »

GM Notes

Conspirator Mode Cancelled

I sent PM's to players of conspirator mode and two of them decided to drop out. Got no response from Cahillguy, but it's been a while since he's been unactive. Due to the above, the conspirator mode is cancelled and much more focus would be placed on Adventure mode. Player limit increased to 8.

Important changes: Provinces of Iseth changed to only Erdhen, Wickbreach, Blackwarth and Scorchfield, maps will be updated soon. Entirety of Tenath is now available to explore.

Possible changes: Since now Adventure mode isn't timely restricted by Conspirator mode, turns can take much less time and players might be able to get more control on actions of their characters. One day in RTD could take 4 turns of daytime and 4 turns of nighttime, less content in each turn would allow for quicker updates.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2016, 03:42:34 pm »

Whatever works for you. I'm good either way.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2016, 06:39:28 pm »

Whatever works for you. I'm good either way.

This.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2016, 08:51:18 pm »

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:08:38 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Tenath (Previously: Conspiracy RTD) [5/8]
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2016, 12:25:13 pm »

7th Fourth quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

Next day after breakfast in guest dining chamber, Sapphire and Jack went to the garden at palace's inner square. It was a sunny, hot day. Cold breeze blown through the garden, cooling anyone seeking shelter from the heat. With whisper of leaves and songs of birds, this place was a real oasis of peace within Wickbreach. Siblings sat on a bench. I... think it's time we continue your counselling sessions! - Sapphire surprised her brother. Oh no, not this again... - Jack complained, though he knew that there's nothing he can do stop his sister.

[2] So, we'll begin with... uhm... - she started, but couldn't find words this time. She looked around the garden, and got an idea that could yet save their session. Look at the beauty of this garden! Trying to calm down and relax in this place is extremely easy. Now whenever you're angry, imagine yourself this garden, and it surely will help you!

[1] Yeah, right... Listen Sapphire, I don't need any counselling sessions. They're only getting on my nerves! - Jack replied angrily. Sapphire saddened instantly, seeing that her efforts only brought more trouble. But you must control your anger, otherwise you'd lose control like in that workshop! - she still tried to make Jack see the point of their sessions though.

[2] Maybe you're right, but I certainly don't feel like having such a session today. I'm curious what king can offer us, and I'm thinking about it all the time. - knowing Jack, Sapphire treated this as apologies. She was interested in the offer too. Yes... - she said, giving in to her thoughts.

[4] Suddenly someone enters the garden and breaks out siblings from their thoughts. May I join you? - a tall, black cloaked man with bright brown hair asked. His cloak had a clasp in shape of a lizard. Of course sir. My name is Sapphire, and this is my brother Jack. - as always, Sapphire started all the talking. Excellent! Whenever I visit the palace, I try to spend a while in this garden. - the man said. I'm Luccius Rotharo, ambassador of Gretanar Empire. A pity I don't have such a beautiful garden back in my court at Gretanar. - after a while he revealed his identity. Ah, you sir must've travelled a really long way to get here. I thought that Iseth is at war with Gretanar Empire, what's the reason to visit Kig Matigor I then? - Sapphire asked inquiringly.

[1] The man frowned. My visit is a matter of Emperor Nygalair and King Matigor. But I can say you that important changes are abound, changes that will weaken Iseth for several Quarters. - Luccius said. Can you tell us anything more? - Sapphire continued asking. Luccius sighed, and then replied: I know that you're not spies, so I probably can tell you. First things first, you probably already know about newly elected lords of Iseth's provinces - Guy Cahill, Gaspare Pavoni and Triptolemeus. They were thrown out of their courts and they completely lost power over their respective provinces. Reasons for it, I can't tell you. Be sure to listen to town criers in following days. Now, the point is, that imperial army is gathering by western border of Iseth. First they'd deal with barbaric tribes on their way, then break through borderline garrisons and keeps. They won't stop until they'll reach Inner Sea.

Before Sapphire could reply, the chamberlain appeared and called them for a private audience. But just before they reached royal chamber, a Larramsirian ambassador entered it with unexpected visit. They closed doors and siblings had to wait. Chamberlain told them to go to their quarters, as Larramsirian ambassador's always stay for really long, showing trade agreements.

Tyr Loknar

Tyr woke up in tavern room and looked at his hand. The wound pained badly, but wasn't infected. Dagger went right through flesh, just in between bones. He knew that he should find someone to tend to it so he won't have too big troubles. Tyr took his stuff and went down for a breakfast. The innkeeper gave him some bread, sausage, eggs and vegetables on a small platter. While eating, Tyr listened to others, trying to catch anything interesting. I tell you that the army is gathering! Empire is about to strike! - said caravan guard of newly appeared Anxrean caravan. That's bullshit, they won't attack member of the Triangle! - merchant from Skraelan caravan argued. Tyr continued eating, when he heard three shady mercenaries talking by another table. The newly elected lords were closed in Darkbog. - said a cloaked figure. Why? - a muscular man with a battle axe by his side asked. No idea. - the cloaked mercenary replied. Then the third one spoke: My cousin helped to transport and close them in Darkbog. He says that they were spies working for Gretanar Empire and Larramsir. At least that's what he heard from a guard that heard bits of their interrogation. Shivers went down Tyr's spine. The dreaded Darkbog - he thought - They say it's the most horrible dungeon in whole Tenath. Tyr finished his breakfast and went to town to find someone who could treat his hand.

[1] Just as he reached doors, the mercenaries have left their table and followed Tyr outside. He tried to lose them in tighter alleys, but they still followed him until they all reached a dead end! That's the guy that Roderick spoke of! Get him! - the cloaked man shouted and drawn a composite bow. Another one drawn a longsword and shield, then waited by bowman while axeman charged!

[Tyr: 3, Axeman: 3] Tyr grabbed dagger with his not wounded hand and quickly dodged the charge!

[Tyr: 5, Axeman: 4] The axeman swung his battle axe, but Tyr swiftly jumped out and stabbed him at back, but dagger only dented the plate mail.

[Tyr: 5, Axeman: 5] Another charge, Tyr rolled away, still keeping the axeman in between him and archer.

[Tyr: 5, Axeman: 2] This time Loknar didn't waited and charged! He fooled the mercenary that he's going to strike from left and he made an overhead swing with his axe. Agh! Son of a bitch! - Tyr used this opportunity to stab through an open joint and paralyse the man's leg!

[Tyr: 3, Archer: 5] Ungh! - the mercenary with bow shot, and the arrow hit Tyr at his left arm, tearing through the flesh!

[Tyr: 1, Archer: 1, Swordsman: 3, Guards: 5] Tyr fell on the ground, blood pouring out of his arm. The arrow punctured an artery! Guards drawn by noises of battle ambushed mercenaries! The bowman was completely surprised and got a powerful slash at neck, which behead him! Swordsman tried to fight and charged, but a shield bash knocked him on the ground! Help the wounded one, I'll deal with the thug! - guard shouted to his companion.

[Guard: 6, Swordsman: 2] [Tyr treatment: 5] The guard only wanted to knock sword out of hands of the mercenary, but he stumbled on a cobble and falling with is sword put with blade downwards, he fell on the swordsman and stabbed through his chest! The second guard had bandages and some liquid in a small bottle with him. He poured it on Tyr's hand and arm, and after a while he couldn't feel them. Hope that these painkillers from Ivette work! - he said. The liquid had not only painkilling effect, but also disinfecting it! Then he applied bandages and stopped Tyr's bleeding.

[5] You had a lot of luck that we heard the battle, otherwise you'd be dead in a moment! - the guard said, helping Loknar get up. We'll take you to hospital, just don't get into any troubles there! - and so they moved on. Tyr thanked them for timely intervention.

Euzaroch

Euzaroch slept as Kallun protected the figure. He woke up by evening and prepared himself for second task - fight with a wolf. Be careful. The beast has better sight in darkness than you and is much quicker. - Kallun said calmly, as if he knew that Euzaroch won't fail. Thanks for advice.

[2] With that, Euzaroch moved on to forests. It was getting dark, but moonlight was enough to see anything. He tried to spot any wolves, either by prints of the paws or noises. He heard baying and looked to a nearby meadow - wolf! Or rather wolves, a whole pack, six of them. Damn, they'd shred me to pieces if they'll see me.

[5] Suddenly two of wolves started barking at each other! One lunget at second and bit him in neck, but the second wolf freed himself and started running towards Euzaroch! A wounded one would fell quicker. Good. - he readied himself for a battle, but the wolf just ran past him! The second one gave chase and stopped upon getting closer to Euzaroch, gnarling his teeth and growling at him!

[Euzaroch: 4, Wolf: 1] They charged at the same time! Euzaroch quickle grabbed the wolf by it's maw and forced it to close it, then he thrown the wolf on the ground! Then Euzaroch started strangling the wolf!

[Euzaroch: 5, Wolf: 2] The wolf struggled to break Euzaroch's grip, shaking violently or scratching. It was futile, Euzaroch used all his strenght and snapped it's neck! Second Trial was almost done.

[5] Then Euzaroch opened it's maw and plucked out a fang from wolf's corpse. It was easy, as the fang got loose when he thrown the wolf to the ground.

[5] Now it's time to find way back to Zyugewolg's figure. The place where he killed wolf wasn't too far away from it, and it wasn't that dark due to moonlight. Euzaroch reminded himself which path he took and came back to the figure following it. He approached Kallun, holding fang in his hand.

Excellent! You passed the second trial! Tomorrow would be the last night, after it you will gain Zyugewolg's favor. - sorcerer said with enthusiasm. Thanks for helping me. I should rest now. - Euzaroch said and lied on the ground, close to the figure that looked ominous in the mix moonlight and light from campfire.

Vrillith

It's been a week since Vril was thrown out of Ravecloft, his home village. His provisions running short, leaving him with food and water only for three days. Still he has some Florins with him, so he could buy something on the way. Following a side tract of an old trade route, he got to a crossroad. Vrillith looked at the signpost and read: Qrall - north, Gretanar - south, Skraelan - east.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:31:26 pm by Dark One »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »

Go to the private audiance
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2016, 12:33:30 pm »

Head to Skraelan
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2016, 12:51:33 pm »

((How many times am I going to get ambushed by Roderick's thugs? I mean Jesus))

Go to the hospital. After that, see if the lady has a package for me to deliver. If not, inquire around town about jobs that might take me outside the city, like a caravan guard or something. Staying here much longer might not be good for my health

Glory to United Forenia!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2016, 01:22:38 pm »

((How many times am I going to get ambushed by Roderick's thugs? I mean Jesus))

((Until you're dead, obviously. A lowly thug wouldn't be able to attack royal caravan and escape with load, and your actions helped to retrieve only one load. Despite having much more silver, Roderick is still pissed with his loss.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2016, 01:29:52 pm »

((Figured as much.))

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »

Prepare to commence ritualistic moose-shanking. Zyugewolg help me.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2016, 05:45:54 pm »

8th Fourth Quarter 998

Sapphire and Jack

The Larramsirian ambassador left late at night. The stay at Wickbreach Palace was enjoyable, but Sapphire and Jack already wanted to leave and attend to their matters. At morning, just after the breakfast, the siblings were called to the private audience. The king looked completely tired after late night argument. Head on in, mercenaries. You've waited long for this audience, so I'll make it quick to let you get started on work. - he said with a tired, sleepy voice. Of course my lord, what is it? - Sapphire asked.

[5] There have been several reports that somehow lied on my advisor's desk without receiving any further attention. Six of them, actually. I'm not going to explain you everything, just the most important cases, you'll read rest for more information. The first one tells about gretanar army gathering by Anxrean border. There were rumors of new deadly weapon brought by empire and my scouts suspect highly modified Qrallan mortars. We need someone to lead a small squad to destroy them. Second report - three Blackwarth villages were recently burnt to ashes, with people sighting eerie ongoings and otherworldly beasts and lord of that province requested my help. I'm pretty sure that bandits caused all the trouble, so you'll deal with them just like with Copper King... - king yawns and gives siblings a blank stare for a while, then continues on - ... third report, a massive load of silver was stolen in New Larramsir city. Find it. - the king ended his speech. Is that all my lord? - Sapphire asked politely. Yes, that's everything. You can deal with all those cases in any order you want. Take your stay at the palace and you'll depart tomorrow. End of audience.

With that siblings left the royal chamber and went to their rooms, thinking which case should they choose.

Tyr Loknar

[4] Guardsmen took Tyr to hospital.

[4] Doctors examined his wounds and patched him up.

[1] Just as he was about to leave the hospital, he saw two shady types approaching. Shit, not this again...

[5] Lor Taynkr? - said one of them. Miss Jeannise wants to see you, and we're here to make sure that you'll get there without anyone stopping you on the way. - said the second one, and then the group went to Ivette's stand at New Larramsir's market. You don't look too good Lor. I've got a package for Llathandrill. I'd advise to set off immediately, otherwise Roderick's thugs might get in your way again. Take these Florins - it should cover trip costs. Alchemist wil give you reward. Goodbye!

[2] Tyr reached stables, two thugs following him, but it was closed for some reason!

[1] They bashed on the stable gate, and city guards appeared to check what's going on.

[3] Tyr explained that he just wants his horses, and with aid of guardsmen they opened stables. After assambling horses to his carriage, Tyr left New Larramsir.

Euzaroch

It was the last night of trials. Euzaroch woke up with the moon rising up. This is the last part. Find a moose and kill it with wolf's fang. Then fry it's liver and eat it, then burn the figure. - Kallun reminded him what to do. I'll be right back.

[5] Euzaroch left the campfire, but he thought that killing something with just fang might be tedious, so he took branches and vines, then made himself a hilt, then assembled the fang to kinda make a weapon. Then he looked around for a moose.

[5] He spotted one, drinking water from a lake. It was huge with powerful antlers - a mighty moose indeed.

[2] Euzaroch tried to sneak upon it, but the moose turned back and stared at him!

[Euzaroch: 4, Moose: 1] Then Euzaroch lunged at the moose with the dagger-like fang weapon and punctured a neck artery! The moose bled out in a few seconds!

[5] Then he opened it's belly with the fang and cut out the liver as if he used a masterwork scalpel!

[3] Euzaroch went back to the campfire, holding the liver in his bloodied hands. And fried it over the campfire. It got slightly charred, but it was edible. He ate the liver, then approached the figure and kicked it into the fire. The flames turned blue, then a bright flash came through whole forest!

[1] Petty mortal! You thought that mere trials would help you!? - an enormous humanoid moose with bloodied antlers was standing in the campfire. Master, we seek your aid... - Kallun was interrupted by Zyugewolg. Silence! You will receive aid, but only for a favor! - the dark god spoken. What is it? - Euzaroch asked. Head over to Anxrean side of these forests and find a meadow which once was a battlefield. Then retrieve the sword of Ukin Maverick! Go now, filthy peasants! I'll be waiting...

[3] Let's go. I think I know where it is. - Kallun said, and together they followed an old path, then crossed a river and found a meadow. There was a sword lying in the middle of the meadow.

[6] Got it! - Euzaroch eagerly grabbed the weapon before Kallun warned him. Several thunders stroke and skeletons of soldiers raised from death! They were still holding their equipment.

[2] THE SWORD! LEAVE IT AT ONCE, AND YOU'LL BE SPARED! - a voice shouted out of chest of skeleton in captain's armor. This was probably the Ukin. Revenants! - Kallun shouted in fear.

Vrillith

[1] Looking at the signpost, Vril decided to head back to Skraelan. After a while of backtracking, a group of bandits attacked from within trees!

[Vril: 3, Bandits: 4] Four armed men in sturdy leather armors charged at Vril! He dodged out, but still was scratched by someone's sword.

[Vril: 6, Bandits: 3] Now you've got into a big trouble! - Vril shouted, raising his rusted carving knife. By the power gathered in this ancient relic, I'll turn you all into... snails! - Vrillith looked at bandit's surprised expressions. No kidding! It's impo... - One of them shouted back, but another bandit stopped him as Vril waved the knife menacingly. Stop! I know this dagger, it's a legendary Blade of Blackwill! - second bandit said. But it's a stupid fairytale. Besides, how could that peasant come by such powerful weapon? - asked the third thug. Haven't you heard how the story ended!? Loche Blackwill left his dagger as a gift for a peasant that helped him safely find a way out of a Zyugewolg's blizzard! - fourth one explained. It's in my family for years. You'd better run! - Vril said.

[2] Prove it! Change him into snail! - first bandit said, pointing at his companion.

[1] Vrillith waved the dagger at the bandit, obviously to no avail.

[Vril: 4, Bandits: 6] Get him! - bandits charged again, but mistakenly two of them hit each other and Vril jumped back.

[Vril: 1, Bandits: 2] Trying to escape, Vril tripped over a small rock and fell on the ground! Bandits got up from the ground.

[Vril: 6, Bandits: 3] Retreat and I might spare you! My powerful knife is a truly deadly weapon! - Vril shouted. Bandits just stared at the rusted knife and started to laugh.

[Vril: 1, Bandits: 1, Unexpected roll: 6] The Blade of Blackwill will be mine again! - a humanoid moose with powerful, bloodied antlers appeared in a burst of flames. What the hell!? - bandits freaked out and tried to run, but Zyugewolg turned them into snails! Give me that weapon, now! - the dark god shouted with a mixture of moose and human like voice.

[6] Just as Vrillith was about to give him the old knife, Zyugewolg started fading away: Damn it! The Blackwill's bless! I'll be back, be assured of that! - with that the dark god disappeared.

[3] Vril quite shocked with what just happened decided to get the hell out of there and he ran further until he fell on the ground exhausted. His desperate run led him to a village - Millfilled. Villagers helped him get up and led him to village healer, who allowed him to rest without any explanations.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18