Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: custom world gen: more necromancer towers  (Read 12965 times)

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: custom world gen: more necromancer towers
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 02:05:36 am »

Because "Death" is the only sphere with secrets I can't go with a dwarven civ that lacks it because it feels like I will potentially miss out on some fun. Which resulted many hours of just creating world upon world and checking out the legends.

I recommend adding "Religion: Death" in mountain civ the entity RAW, after I did this all my dwarven civs get glorious death God and more necromancer towers. I'm too lazy and stupid to use advanced custom world gen so at least this makes one less thing to worry about when creating worlds to have interesting embarks. And by adding the values I can finally have my lovely brutal Dawi Zharr race, just don't tell GW as I don't want lawsuit for enjoying their IP like others have gotten.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:45:13 am by ChristianWeiseth »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:54 am »

Why just dwarven civ? It should work just as well to add the death sphere to humans to get more towers, I would have thought?
However, it sounds like a good idea (even though I'm not sure raw editing is easier than advanced world gen, but you can do both).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 07:11:59 am »

Hm, that's nice idea for religion.

Interesting findings, PatrikLundell. I'd like to add that while it sucks that it is incomplete, there is some benefit in only generating new sites around their old location instead of new.

I presume the savagery decrease is also around old instead of new locations, as per the last three points?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 11:50:32 am »

I haven't looked at savagery decay, but would assume so.

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 01:26:12 am »

Why just dwarven civ? It should work just as well to add the death sphere to humans to get more towers, I would have thought?
However, it sounds like a good idea (even though I'm not sure raw editing is easier than advanced world gen, but you can do both).

Oh right right, good point. Personally I don't like embarking next to towers because necromancer invasion has sometimes bugged my fort so I want as few as possible. Also adding "Power" as a higher value causes more Towers in my experience.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »

Because "Death" is the only sphere with secrets I can't go with a dwarven civ that lacks it because it feels like I will potentially miss out on some fun. Which resulted many hours of just creating world upon world and checking out the legends.

I recommend adding "Religion: Death" in mountain civ the entity RAW, after I did this all my dwarven civs get glorious death God and more necromancer towers. I'm too lazy and stupid to use advanced custom world gen so at least this makes one less thing to worry about when creating worlds to have interesting embarks. And by adding the values I can finally have my lovely brutal Dawi Zharr race, just don't tell GW as I don't want lawsuit for enjoying their IP like others have gotten.

I discovered same thing by trying to mods goblins to have necromancer. I reported my digging here : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154533.105
Didn't think the death sphere was responsable though, but it is good to know.

Also, i personnaly prefer let death token to goblins, as it is more ... roleplay :P
But adding to every race should be a good idea.

I have too much tower now :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:38:10 pm by Nilsou »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »

Is there such thing as "too much tower"? Requesting screenshot for funzies.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 09:11:17 pm »

Yeah i will upload that when i'll get time.
But yeah, when you can easily embark with 2/3 towers in your neighbors and when nearly no zone on the map have 0 tower i guess we can say this is a tower overload :P

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 10:05:26 pm »

2/3 towers in embark range?

Ah well. Expected more like this,

expect everywhere to the point of preventing all normal civ site placement when I heard "too much tower", as that was unmodded and without the script in this thread (those towers were created by 1 immigrating human). Still, without seeing it I suppose it might make for a nice wallpaper?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:17:59 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2017, 03:48:08 am »

No, but i have lot of tower with only gobelins treated this way. I guess making same thing on elf/kobold/human/dwarf will lead to a MASSIVE amount of tower, (for the vanilla of course ^^)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 05:00:16 am »

Personally, I consider editing raws modding, though that phrasing leads me to ask: Is it possible to change civ's religion back to normal in the region file entity_default (for, say, ease of tileset replacement with LNP) and have it not crash when a goblin tries to pray to their death god?

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 05:00:25 pm »

You could change the raw source of LNP to yours for using always your deaths gods when LNP make the merge. The raw of LNP are in LNP/baselines  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]