Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update 1.21 - Bugfixes for everyone!  (Read 24796 times)

Fox.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.21 - Bugfixes for everyone!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »

on this 1.21 version I've found 3 bugs

1)the ramp image is the same as in the 1.20
2)now the boulder is using the egg image
3)you can't engrave anything. tried in economic/gems/flux

ths, loved the tileset.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 08:42:26 pm »

Wooden Floor Hatches are black and many stone ones are incorrect colors.  Pots display as traction benches.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »

Wooden Floor Hatches are black and many stone ones are incorrect colors.  Pots display as traction benches.
Thank you.

I'll look into the floor hatches. What do you mean with incorrect colors for stone floor hatches? They automatically take on the color of the rock...

Pots probably display as pots... they are somewhat rectangular. I can probably make better sprites for them, but they are definetly not the traction benches.

on this 1.21 version I've found 3 bugs

1)the ramp image is the same as in the 1.20
2)now the boulder is using the egg image
3)you can't engrave anything. tried in economic/gems/flux

ths, loved the tileset.
Crap, forgot the new override.txt for the ramps.

Yep... I can either make carried boulders look like eggs, or make eggs in nest-boxes look like boulders... more I cant do, its either/or. No way to fix both.

Engraving... yep, thats still on the todo list. I need to make the engravings in alpha-channel transparency, which I havent touched at all for the tileset yet.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »

Here, I noticed a lot of issues again.  So let me try and compile a list like last time.
-Contradicting what another poster said, ramps look different for me.  Having an option between the previous ramps and these ones would be nice.  :)
-Marble Hatches display using green color, instead of gray/white.
-Pots definitely display as traction benches, comparing them side to side they are literally identical.
-Bone and wood hatches are black/very dark.
-Many not as often used items/features are blacked out and stuff.  Will have to try every aspect of fort mode to find all these bugs! 

More bugs to find than Ocarina of Time.  xP
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:55:50 pm by ANickel »

Fox.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

Yep... I can either make carried boulders look like eggs, or make eggs in nest-boxes look like boulders... more I cant do, its either/or. No way to fix both.

all the boulders in my game(1.21) are looking like an egg. in the "legend - main tileset.png" the boulder has a image of a real boulder. in the game all the boulders, even those mined, look like eggs.

Edit:
i've been having trouble with microcline, in the wiki it says its a common stone type, and can be use in Masonry, Stone crafting, Construction. but  i can't build nor use it anywhere. bug?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:46:45 pm by Fox. »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 05:56:45 pm »

Yep, seems I can either fix eggs OR boulders, not both. I'll default it back to boulders... even though eggs in nestboxes will look like boulders too. :/
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fox.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 11:49:16 pm »

ok, i got it now.

also, I've been having trouble with microcline, in the wiki it says its a common stone type, and can be use in Masonry, Stone crafting, Construction. but  i can't build nor use it anywhere. bug?

and even without the farming skill every dwarf is harvesting crops. and currently all of then have farm 4+ because of that.

ths.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 05:27:57 am »

1. ok.
2. set it to non-economic in the stone stocks screen.
3. thats normal behaviour.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 06:44:07 am »

and even without the farming skill every dwarf is harvesting crops. and currently all of then have farm 4+ because of that.

from dwarf fortress wiki:

All Dwarves Harvest
If you leave the "All Dwarves Harvest" option on (in the orders menu), all dwarves, even nobles and children, will harvest when needed and gain experience in Grower. Harvesting is not as important as planting, as the size of the stack harvested is not affected by the harvester's skill level. However, harvesting crops does give experience, and if other dwarves are harvesting, then your planters will not gain experience as quickly.
If you turn on "Only Farmers Harvest", a single dedicated Proficient Grower can easily handle all the farming needs of a young to middle-stage fortress, especially if the farm plots, kitchens, farmers workshop, food storage (raw and prepared) and dining hall are all located close to each other - as they should be.
Note: If your setting is "Only Farmers Harvest" and your lone Grower dies, is injured or otherwise occupied, your other dwarves will not harvest the plants, and they will rot in the fields, leaving no seeds. If you see crops piling up in the plots, check your Grower(s), and possibly turn the option back on until you have resolved the problem.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Fox.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »

I've completely forgotten about those options.

also in the meph tileset, the fish is appearing as a meat and the prepared food as a brown square.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 09:49:10 am »

Some bugs w/ 1.21:

In entity_good_dwarf the line: YES_CRUCIBLE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOLFRAMITE_WOLFRAM] is wrong. You cannot extract tungsten because the correct line needs to be: YES_CRUCIBLE[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOLFRAMITE_TUNGSTEN]. This might apply to other races also who cant use the crucible to extract tungsten.

[REACTION_CLASS:IS_STONE]  is missing on all of the stonecrafter reactions, this causes them to sometimes grab a wooden plank instead.

It would be nice to add at least one blocking square to the footprint of all magma workshops. The magma metallurgist, crucible, weaponry, armory and some others all have a nice hole to the magma that occasionally a dwarf can fall into or a damn magma creature can crawl out of.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 10:35:31 pm »

I posted a fix on the stone crafting in the dwarf section, basically the block required, needed an attribute.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal
Pages: 1 [2]