Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Eating Sapients FotF derail.  (Read 36840 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eating Sapients FotF derail.
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2017, 08:25:46 pm »

Should probably branch the tavern/zone part off to a new thread since it's covering a whole different aspect from the sapient consumption bug.

I agree, though there's nothing actually more to show of since much of it was covered in detail. Needs govern nearly everything dwarves used to do which even 0 bashfulness wont fix.

Yeah lets get back on topic now. (I guess i was distracting myself in honesty for hitting a bit of wall on progress foward for the main issue)

> Are there any conflicts about some aspect of historical figure data overlapping onto units? In recent play i can't remember the exact combination of flags (i think it was the df_soul or counters) but i could reveal a beak dog's hidden name of "Beak Dog" (capitalised rather than lower case) which it changed to rather than naming itself stray beak dog.

It seems in line with 40.24 troll behaviour in which trolls have a 'name' of that kind being referred to as "Troll" but are now known as "stray troll (tame)", even without explicit pet tags. Working in reverse between versions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »

> Are there any conflicts about some aspect of historical figure data overlapping onto units? In recent play i can't remember the exact combination of flags (i think it was the df_soul or counters) but i could reveal a beak dog's hidden name of "Beak Dog" (capitalised rather than lower case) which it changed to rather than naming itself stray beak dog.

Names are stored in hist_fig.name, unit.name and unit.status.current_soul.name. Each of those displays is used in a different place. Historical figure data doesn't "overlap" onto units, there's just a hist_fig_id integer referring to a historical figure in the hist figs vector.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:15 am »

Here is a script I came up with to use on the corpse stockpile when I am sure I have no dwarf stuff in it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did have a loyalty cascade some time after using this.  At the team I was also pitting caged wild critters on top of a locked room with three squads of melee dwarves for training.  The cascade was most likely caused by
  • Dwarves bumping into each other in the fight.
  • The succubus poet not liking that we just killed a succubus sieger.
  • Nymphs or leprechauns doing something weird.
  • Maybe I pitted and then killed something that was (tame) by accident.
  • I have two squads of mercenaries that weren't involved with the training.  They did seem to get involved in the cascade.
  • I also had a goblin smith visiting my tavern at the time.  I blame him!
fix/loyaltycascade.rb did not help.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »

I've been away on other projects but im back now, and i bear good news given i looked back over my last attempt to issue a bug report and realised a simple test i had overlooked.

Alatree's script to forcefully change unnesecary applications of dead_dwarf=true, and another active change you can use pet corpses in to regular piles and use them. Previously i mentioned the DF-hack stockpile manager, if you disable  rotten via application of the keys [CTRL+X] you will be able to access. I mentioned this earlier but i wasn't aware it had this effect.

Slaughter a pet dog, a work assigned hunting dog is a easy example to try via the animals menu (since they bond and gain a identifiable name immediately), their corpse parts will be taken to the corpse refuse pile, then set their body parts to dead_dwarf=false (which the script would do anyway) and use the stockpile manager to unset rotten items from the pile, the selected parts will be moved out of the corpse pile and back into respective normal piles to be used like normal products. Its a fix that with the script working in the background you can simply set a single corpse pile to be your kosher pile, and corpses sent to the other none unset pile remain static.

Here is a dog from the save i have provided which is a default 43.05 save running on dfhack 43.05-alpha0 in order to change the dead_dwarf values and manipulate the stockpile. This is a named hunting dog assigned to my militia leader directly. (The original intention was to find some creatures to rip apart and pulverise, and see if a dog would die in the process) right now i've unset it's skull on the modified corpse stockpile and its being processed into a local workshop.

Save is here http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12972

Its fixed, rejoice. But im not sure if people will actually restrain from crossing over ethical boundaries because of it without more testing.

It does not fix items such as combat dislodged teeth from combat for instance in the existing dead_dwarf=false refuse pile. I recently in another test fortress beat up a badger and knocked out its teeth, however it still remains unusable even after i use my hotfix. Probably because the badger is still alive in worldgen.

> Found the bug - Teeth knocked out of small animals like badgers that pile up don't actually have any TOOTH material inside them but are listed as [1] for any conficts further than that (pet badgers etc) you can even possibly use.

One bug to another

> It seems that badger teeth are broken anyway because it will not generate a object for 1 unit (just enough to exist and be processed) and even a unnatural stack of a 100 teeth cannot actually be processed into 1 single badger tooth craft. Its broken.

> Also teeth loosened in combat are not registered as being severed or explicitly removed in any such way.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:22:19 am by FantasticDorf »

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2017, 02:11:37 pm »

Hey, just to report a case where your tips and script don't work at all for unknow reason.

I was trying to add some CAN_LEARN tag to cat and dog, just to have them eat something, and it worked well, one of my cat died starving.
But well, script or not, this does not work with the butchering of the cat.

So, i guess, the bug that make animal killing not butcherable seems to be not related with this one ... the animals still are invisible to the butcher shop ...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]