Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Succession Fort Birdglove 43.03 (Looking for Players!)  (Read 5737 times)

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succession Fort Birdglove 43.03 (Looking for Players!)
« on: November 06, 2016, 12:04:00 am »

Okay, so I thought I'd try to do it right this time, post pics and create a sign up sheet and everything.  I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack, with version 43.03 of Dwarf Fortress, with the Iron Hand ASCII tileset.  Each person takes a single game turn, and each turn is a year long, starting and ending during as soon as its Spring.  Please upload a link to your save file to your own account at http://www.mega.nz/  when you are done with it so I can link to it here.  (Remember to change the tileset when you download it) If you do not know how to play, simply download the folder next to one of the names on the list, rename it regionX, where X is a region you don't already have listed under \Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03\data\save, and copy it to the aforementioned directory.  Try not to take more than a couple of days, if you go a week without responding I will bump it to the next person on the list.

Starter Pack
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

Oh yeah, forgot to add:

Don't Cheat!

Save scum if you have to, but only use DF Hack to fix bugs and do things like prospect, don't use it to spawn adamantium.  Management tools are fine, i.e. workflow and therapist, but don't break the game by adding free booze.

Waiting List
1 ringringlingling http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12571
2 theimmortalryukan
3 gwolfski http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12570
4 jecowa http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12576
5 gwolfski (current)

I picked a random name cause I thought it'd be more dorfy.  I embarked with quite a bit of supplies, which i used to jump start my fort.

The Main Military Floor is up, its dining hall is at half capacity, there is plenty of food and drink but I still have some workshops set up in the dining room.  (Was planning on getting rid of them.)  Behind the well where all the bags are stored are what remains of all the sand I took at embark, I wanted to turn this into a hospital and made some soap and brought some cloth, thread and gypsum powder at embark, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  The trade depot/tavern doesn't have any chairs or tables in it yet, but there is a nice 5x5 dance floor area clean of obstructions.  The doggos have been trained as war dogs and placed at the entrance to the airlock, but I haven't placed any traps at the 3x5 exit hallway yet.  The airlock has a meeting area assigned to smuggle in migrants and serve as a tavern, but its currently deactivated.  I don't have any mugs or cups except a few platinum ones I made for trade, and the bedrooms are all tiny 4x1 rooms.  So far the bedrooms have no furniture except beds.  The well draws from a seperate resevoire, making this floor completely self contained.  Also, there is about a 100 wood, all hazel wood, in the upper right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Top Farm Area

The Top Farm area has two pens, one for Pigs, one for Turkeys.  I haven't build any nesting boxes yet.  There is a large overhead roof that extends to the surface.  Below it is a kitchen and a butchers shop, as well as a dump area in the center.  I set the fort to dump everything except skins, and I might have a few things i threw in there to get them out of the way.  There are also two above ground farms in the corners, each 3x5.  There are three above ground farms to the north, each 3x5, set to grow 2 harvests of each underground crop every year. 

The First Basement Area

This basement is set up to work metal.  So far, I've made 10 full suits of steel mail, (shirt, helm, gauntlets, and high boots) 5 silver war hammers, 5 steel battle axes, 50 steel, 80 iron, some platinum and some silver.  I'm almost out of coke/charcoal though. (6 bars)  The first squad of axe dorfs is up and running and has a training schedule set up.  As you can see I had to carve out the stone bedrooms and build walls there instead, as I ran out of coal early on and i needed more to finish my armor.

The Second Basement Area

This basement is set up to build mechanisms, stone pots and masonry furniture.  Its just recently been built and I forgot to put the staircases in when digging so a few of them are constructed instead of normal.  The bedrooms here still have natural rock.  Both basements are a good place to start digging out expansion areas and mining more ore, should you need some.

The Third Basement Area

This place was still being dug when it turned Spring, so I dont' have any pictures of it.  I was thinking it could be a dining room for all the miners and craftsdwarfs below.

The Stairwell
You may notice the separate 3x3 staircase to the left.  This is sealed off from the rest of the fort and can be used to dig into the caverns.  It doesn't have a bridge installed on its chokepoint as of yet.

The Airlock Controls
The upper left control the airlock entrance, the upper right controls the airlock exit, and the bottom center controls the bridge leading to the staircase.

The Reservoir Controls
The bottom controls the inflow, the right seals off the second reservoir, and the left leads to the drainage ditch.
IMPORTANT!
If you need to refill the reservoir, remember to disassemble the well and build a hatch over it so you don't flood the fortress!

The Drainage Ditch/ Tree Farm
This is a large area hollowed out for dumping the reservoirs contents should some urist decides to fall in.  It is two levels deep which will allow it to grow fungus/trees once you breach the caverns.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:00:59 am by ringringlingling »

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Fort Birdglove
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:17:43 am »

Any Takers?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Fort Birdglove
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:18:56 am »

The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Fort Birdglove
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:27:01 am »

alright then, go ahead and download the folder by my name, preferably as a zip.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 01:07:03 pm »

sign me up too
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 03:48:40 pm »

Alrighty, you're up after ryukan.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

alright then, go ahead and download the folder by my name, preferably as a zip.

Time limit?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »

Try not to take more than a couple of days, if you go a week without responding I will bump it to the next person on the list.

By the way, the embark size is 3x3 for anyone else who's curious about that.

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 11:44:23 pm »

Its amazing how fast making steel burns through fuel.

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »

You think he sunk the fort yet?

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to add:

Don't Cheat!

Save scum if you have to, but only use DF Hack to fix bugs and do things like prospect, don't use it to spawn adamantium.  Management tools are fine, i.e. workflow and therapist, but don't break the game by adding free booze.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »

Does it count as free booze when the previous overseer set everyone to plant gathering for the year and brewed 50k drink?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 04:45:59 pm »

I don't think it's free if it took a year's worth of the full dwarfpower of the fortress.

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 12:23:24 pm »

looks like ryuken cancelled.

Your up gwolfski

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 10:42:18 pm »

okay, gwolfski said he'll start tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5