Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: ROLL TO BOOZE-UP: LOST IN THE DRUNK DIMENSION (6/6)  (Read 10909 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO BOOZE-UP: LOST IN THE DRUNK DIMENSION (6/6)
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2016, 01:20:38 pm »

Head through the same door that apeman just exited through.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2016, 03:20:09 pm »

Watch the match and see if I can buy some new clothes.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:12:04 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2016, 10:05:49 am »

Go somewhere?
You sway out the door labelled South, and find yourself in a wooden bar, frontier-types scattered about the place. There's a blizzard outside and you can't see much, but you seem to be in one of the Northern bits of the fabled Wild West.

"You here to drink, or just came in for a laugh?"

The barman is staring at you. You can vaguely sense four portals other than the one you came in through.
"Neither, less'n you've got some hangover cures..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:10 pm »

Sry, will be no posts for a few days due to workload.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »

*pats*

Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2016, 03:11:57 pm »

Go somewhere?
You sway out the door labelled South, and find yourself in a wooden bar, frontier-types scattered about the place. There's a blizzard outside and you can't see much, but you seem to be in one of the Northern bits of the fabled Wild West.

"You here to drink, or just came in for a laugh?"

The barman is staring at you. You can vaguely sense four portals other than the one you came in through.
"Neither, less'n you've got some hangover cures..."

"Oh we got plenty, if they ain't too crude for a foreigner like yourself," the barman replies with ill-concealed hostility. Several of the nearby swarthy men in furs have started watching the exchange.

"There's a pot of fresh rabbit tea, or for the dis-cern-ing drunkard, a nice cool drink from the barrel of fresh river water out back. Pure as a nun and clear as a ruby."

Watch the match and see if I can buy some new clothes.
Both combatants are liberally sprinkled with blood oozing from dozens of gashes in the massive person's body. The shotels guy is nursing an injured shoulder, but is still running rings round the ponderous grabs of the huge guy and slashing wildly at his midsection. You ask the mercenary with the buzzcut where new clothes could be found, but apparently the music is too loud for her to hear. Eventually you make do with sign language.

"Clothes? No shops open at this hour. You could get a pretty neat set of techy combat armour though... coming up as a prize in one of the next duels. Useful thing, even for someone like... yourself. Good for barter, anyhow. One win can't be a big ask for a professional like you, can it?"

Head through the same door that apeman just exited through.
You come out in a room with several more apemen wearing dark fabrics and what seem to be metal cutting tools. Rather disturbingly, even your nine overwhlemingly superior slime senses miss a few of them at first. There is a bar stocked with alcohols in the centre of the room and two portals leading North and South aside from the one you just went through.

For some reason, everyone is looking at you.

Now where would I Find booze...
You walk up to the bar and ask for whiskey. The barman stares at you incredulously, and proffers a cup full of sake just as the massive amoeba thing undulates in through the portal and every head turns. The men in black cloth look jumpy as hell, but seem to spend as much time checking behind them as they do looking at the space-creature. You take the opportunity to drain the cup of sake and place it back under the bar without paying.

(Inebriation +1)

Let mercury stream peaceably through the air as I begin the Dance of Metal.
[5]

You begin to spin slowly, and swing the sleeves of your grubby yet voluminous robe wide open. From the dark spaces inside comes, first in floating dribbles and droplets, then long streams and gushes, the wondrous chymical substance known as mercury. The liquid floats sultry and elegant in ring and spirals about you and other dancers, and more of the silver stuff seeps from the walls to join your wonderfully choreographed rotations. By this time, everyone dancing has slowed to match your leisurely pace, and musical splashes and chimes come  from the flowing metal. Your steps are slow and dignified, your body loose yet upright.

How did the next bit of the dance of metal go? You can't recall doing it this well before.

Spoiler: Inventory/Status (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2016, 03:32:11 pm »

*Sniff sniff sniff* "Is that mercury? I always have loved the smell o- IS THAT THE EMPORER I SMELL!?" Go towards the smell of the emporer and sneak behind him.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2016, 04:40:00 pm »

Fashion a cage of mercury, symbolizing the spirit's own bonds that will shortly be unleashed in a glorious display!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »

"I'm sorry, did I offend somehow?  Only I appear to have a four-dimensional hammer bashing into my skull, so I really can't quite tell what it was.

Rabbit tea?"
Sigtext

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »

"EVENING, GENTLESPECIES."

Casually roll up to the bar, and order a drink.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2016, 10:39:13 pm »

Go and register for the next round of combat.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]