Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Storm: A Poetry-based Text Adventure  (Read 8763 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm: A Poetry-based Text Adventure [SG]
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »

Silent Hall

This room is decorated with beautiful tapestry and dining tables laden with food, but its occupants seem to notice none of it. Instead, all the guests are whispering in low voices to those around them fervently, but too quiet for you to hear. Every once in a while, one glances at the far end of the room, where there sits an empty throne and - beyond it - an open doorway, leading EAST. Many present seem not to mind the air of unease, but a few excuse themselves and walk down the length of the room to leave the palace through the exit to the WEST.

POEM: Unknown
>Poem Beowulf
 Incorrect.
>_
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Storm: A Poetry-based Text Adventure
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2017, 11:42:03 pm »

bump
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2017, 04:41:43 pm »

bump?
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2017, 06:25:29 pm »

Whoops, sorry.

>East
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2017, 04:18:08 pm »

I was away for the weekend. I'm back now.

Royal Garden

You are in a beautiful garden, standing on a small path leading back to the WEST. Ahead of you, the path curves around a crystal pond, past towering evergreens and the blossoming buds of rosebushes. Back and forth between those trees fly little birds, only visible when their plumage shadows the stars. On the far end of the lake lie sculpted statues, sitting on stone seats next to a elegant gated pavilion. The KING sits inside the pavilion, his shoulders hunched and eyes cast on the ground. Beside him lays a beautifully gem-set silver CHALICE, tipped on it’s side.

>_
Money!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:40 pm »

> Tennyson, Come Into the Garden Maud.

It has all but the Chalice, but if the Chalice is a wine cup just drunk it fits. Besides, I like the poem :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2017, 06:42:24 pm »

Royal Garden

You are in a beautiful garden, standing on a small path leading back to the WEST. Ahead of you, the path curves around a crystal pond, past towering evergreens and the blossoming buds of rosebushes. Back and forth between those trees fly little birds, only visible when their plumage shadows the stars. On the far end of the lake lie sculpted statues, sitting on stone seats next to a elegant gated pavilion. The KING sits inside the pavilion, his shoulders hunched and eyes cast on the ground. Beside him lays a beautifully gem-set silver CHALICE, tipped on it’s side.

>Poem Come Into the Garden Maud
 Incorrect.
>_

Amazing poem, though! If I had come across it while making this game, it would definitely be in here.
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]